Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

I have a ton of Alien stuff to give away this year thanks to Hastings going out of business and my lack of control when I see a sale.

THE CONTEST:

Post a pic of your favorite Alien collectible. *Bonus entry if the pic is from your collection.*

THE PRIZE:

Contest ends today at 6pm Central Time. Winner will be chosen at random by The Wheel.

I'll wait to see what else you offer up, not as keen on these two prizes. But you are definitely rockin' it this year Zod!

contests.gif

contest for the Elf Beanie. (you dont smell like santa)

to enter just post a pic of a Steampunk Disney character (cartoon or cosplay)
random spin wheel contest
8.jpg

anmI8Lf.gif

I have a ton of Alien stuff to give away this year thanks to Hastings going out of business and my lack of control when I see a sale.

THE CONTEST:

Post a pic of your favorite Alien collectible. *Bonus entry if the pic is from your collection.*

THE PRIZE:

View attachment 298985

Contest ends today at 6pm Central Time. Winner will be chosen at random by The Wheel.

little crow says hi lol

KLOKluj.jpg

anmI8Lf.gif

THE CONTEST:

THE PRIZE:

View attachment 298985

Favorite Alien collectible that I own is the McFarlane Alien Queen set:

IMG_0387.jpg

Did you happen to pick up any of the Back To The Future Minimates sets? I still need a few of those.

Also, I would like to apologize for my lack of involvement so far this Spook. I bought a bunch of stuff last year to make a second year of "Punk Prizes" in a different form and had a crazy as hell busy year at work that just recently started slowing down. I never got around to making the prizes for this year, and have just decided to pull the plug on the idea for this year instead of trying to rush them out for this Spook... time just went by so fast. :slap I will be back with them next year though hopefully. And I should be in here a bit more now as well, and will come up with some prizes and contests too.

Did you happen to pick up any of the Back To The Future Minimates sets? I still need a few of those.

I remember seeing them but didn't pick any up. The Hastings in my town closed, but if I can get to the next closest open one I can look there for you. I don't know if I'll be able to but I'll give it a shot if I can.

Also, I would like to apologize for my lack of involvement so far this Spook. I bought a bunch of stuff last year to make a second year of "Punk Prizes" in a different form and had a crazy as hell busy year at work that just recently started slowing down. I never got around to making the prizes for this year, and have just decided to pull the plug on the idea for this year instead of trying to rush them out for this Spook... time just went by so fast. :slap I will be back with them next year though hopefully. And I should be in here a bit more now as well, and will come up with some prizes and contests too.

No worries man. It's just good to have you around. Besides, I totally understand how time flies and things get away :lol :lol

I remember seeing them but didn't pick any up. The Hastings in my town closed, but if I can get to the next closest open one I can look there for you. I don't know if I'll be able to but I'll give it a shot if I can.

I have one about an hour from me so I may make another trip out there again. Have their prices dropped enough to make the trip worthwhile do you think?

I have one about an hour from me so I may make another trip out there again. Have their prices dropped enough to make the trip worthwhile do you think?

I think every store is at 70-90% off now. All the action figures seem to top out at 70% off everywhere I've been though. I've seen Minimates at each store I've been to, even on their last day open.

It was fun to set up. I figure the prize wasn't too big on many people's radar, so hopefully my final contest has something more people are interested in.

Looking at the entries and results, I received entries from:

KenBenobi
ShawPaw
Darth Madden
Centurion

I received correct guesses from:
KenBenobi
ShawPaw

I will input all of your names into the Wheel whenever I get a moment and am at a computer where I wouldn't get fired for doing something like a giveaway for a poster using an online spinning wheel of randomness, so probably tonight.

Sounds good to me. :duff

I think I know who that Ariel is... and if so she is super-awesome. I might be wrong though, but I know one of my friends does her.

I think I know who that Ariel is... and if so she is super-awesome. I might be wrong though, but I know one of my friends does her.
I love how creative people can get with their cosplay. The costumes that are crafted together are the best ones.

I just searched for hastings in my area but what shows up is a store called movieStop? is that accurate?

I think every store is at 70-90% off now. All the action figures seem to top out at 70% off everywhere I've been though. I've seen Minimates at each store I've been to, even on their last day open.

the buttheads in Norman would not honor the 70-90% off, saying that the sale was only for "closing stores"... Still got good deals but c'mon. Just sell me stuff at 70% off so I can give it away for spook lol.

Last edited:

Are there any Hastings still open? The one near me is not close so I never really went often, but I'm pretty sure it closed already. I guess if some are still open they were the ones that did better and they could keep them open a little longer to liquidate stuff.

Back