Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Thanks my friend, glad it was able to work!! :D

tumblr_mhtn4scSvF1s0xdh3o1_400.gif
:lecture Mr Milton your car is waiting. :lol

It's pretty easy and a cool place to start learning. I never took a formal course for Photoshop, completely self taught and if you ever need help feel free to ask me anything :duff

I also made alternate lightsaber smileys
Heres' the default one: :lightsabe

and my edits:
UkFK8Ya.gif
JyAQZwN.gif
PSAVnSL.gif
qW37OkO.gif
Nice!!!

I hope you can find one at a decent price.
I was able to find all four (HBG and the 3 hitchhiking ghosts) at twice what they're normally worth, so I had to jump on that deal.
They're normally going for a lot more.
Also, the set I found was the error set. This is the one where the box was incorrectly printed. They swapped the names of 'Gus' and 'Phineas'. There aren't very many of these out there since Disney caught on to the mistake, pulled whatever else was left on the shelves, and replaced them with corrected boxart. You can, however, find them on ebay.

funko-pop-disney-exclusive-haunted-mansion-full-set-hatbox-gus-ezra-phineas-d8a55e2fbb0f3b571f37b3a5554cc943.jpg
Are those store exclusives, or available (potentially) anywhere Pops are sold? My friend is a Haunted Mansion nut. I may have to try to find some for her...

ill never forget this

i am member of a couple of funko pop groups on facebook and i see people spending thousands on pops. kinda like him. I love pops but i dont understand how they got so high end and exclusive among collectors.
even a sticker will make a pop go from costing the normal 10 dollars to cost 500 dollars.... just a sticker. that amazes me

I have a bunch, mainly Star Wars. I doubt I have any super rare ones. What sucks is I had all of the early ones, which because vaulted, and I could have sold them for a LOT, and got out! Instead, they re-released most of them, so mine are worthless. And even worse, now I'm addicted and buying more! :lol

So the SSC Spooktacular countdown clock has 1 day, 2 hours, and change left on it. Of course, Monday will start way before that. What are the chances that SSC will actually begin things at midnight PST? Or is the countdown clock accurate?

Decisions...

I know that Sleep is for the Weak, but the past couple of years I've checked the SSC site around midnight the first night and seem to remember being disappointed. Ah, what to do???
Based on past years, they won't do much. A contest or two will get posted, but likely won't expire before you wake up. However, they could actually attempt to DO something this year. You never know... If there is a rewards code, don't expect it to last long... I bet they will all be for very limited amounts of time this year...

Anybody else excited for The Walking Dead tonight?

giphy.gif
What's that? Never heard of it... ;)
Seriously though, I advise everyone to watch it live tonight, if you don't want to be spoiled. Cuz that secret won't be kept for long!!!

It doesn't air until tomorrow night in the UK. Looks like I'll have to avoid this forum and all social media until then. :wave
Good luck with that! :lecture

As for Funko Pops, I do not relate them to the beanie babies craze one bit. I don't see that fad dying anytime soon. I relate the Tsum Tsum craze to beanie babies. I just don't understand why people love those things so much! But of course, I have a bunch of the Star Wars ones. :monkey2

Pops to Beanie Babies is actually a pretty rational comparison. They're both common, then people take note and they get scarce, then too many get produced...

I know a LOT of people getting out of Pops because of how many they make now, and the extreme pain in the ass exclusives.

Pops have one thing going, they're licensed so people are more-likely to have *some* value for them, even if it's just the 8.99 MSRP. I don't think some of the stupid exclusives and chases will keep the value they're at though. I also think Funko needs to ease up on releases/exclusives before they destroy themselves.

Nice!!!

Are those store exclusives, or available (potentially) anywhere Pops are sold? My friend is a Haunted Mansion nut. I may have to try to find some for her...

I have a bunch, mainly Star Wars. I doubt I have any super rare ones. What sucks is I had all of the early ones, which because vaulted, and I could have sold them for a LOT, and got out! Instead, they re-released most of them, so mine are worthless. And even worse, now I'm addicted and buying more! :lol

Based on past years, they won't do much. A contest or two will get posted, but likely won't expire before you wake up. However, they could actually attempt to DO something this year. You never know... If there is a rewards code, don't expect it to last long... I bet they will all be for very limited amounts of time this year...

What's that? Never heard of it... ;)
Seriously though, I advise everyone to watch it live tonight, if you don't want to be spoiled. Cuz that secret won't be kept for long!!!

Good luck with that! :lecture

As for Funko Pops, I do not relate them to the beanie babies craze one bit. I don't see that fad dying anytime soon. I relate the Tsum Tsum craze to beanie babies. I just don't understand why people love those things so much! But of course, I have a bunch of the Star Wars ones. :monkey2

The Haunted Mansion Funko Pops were a limited release sold only at the Disney theme parks.
ES=1000 but a very small percentage of those had misprinted boxart. If you're buying these for a friend with benefits, look for those. :)

Well in that case I guess the only thing we can do is IMG_3487.JPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon Saints! WTF man!

I really wanted to try for the Sideshow book! :)

:slap:gah::slap

Stupid Saints!

Sorry folks, nothing to see here.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the contest. :tap

I'll still do it, but it'll be a surprise as to when...

Okay, SO, I told you guys my wife was unpredictable when it comes to what she'll like, so we finally crossed paths (told you, this week was not our friends :lol) at the same time, at the computer and I showed her the pictures done by mrdbios, punk and Madden, and she loved them all. She found highlights in each, and really couldn't decide. They all made her happy, and because of this, everyone's a winner!

The three digital codes you guys get to choose from are:

Ghostbusters (2016 all female cast film)
10 Cloverfield Lane
Mad Max: Fury Road

**on a side note, I'm in Canada, but I believe these should all work for you guys! Please let me know if they don't and I'll hunt down a code that will for a movie, I swear it! :lol **

SO, since there's no first place, I think I spun the wheel correctly and will post the results here! Everyone will get a digital movie code with the choices coming by who the wheel chooses first and second! Now let's see if this worked...if it didn't, then I know who won the spins, but hopefully it'll load them like everyone else has so you guys can see...even though it's a lot less dramatic with three entries :lol

https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=mrdbios&c2=punk&c3=Darth+Madden&time=5" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"

and second choice goes to:

https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=mrdbios&c2=Darth+Madden&time=5" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"

Okay, yeah, that didn't work. I'm not sure how you guys link the videos, but I believe the above seem to just be linking my wheel for everyone to spin. :lol

The first wheel with three names had punk win when I spun it, so congrats punk, you get first choice of the digital codes above!

The second, and even LESS dramatic wheel spin with just two names saw Darth Madden literally edge out mrdbios (which is why the video would've been cool, because even with two names, we're talking a couple of millimeters where the arrow landed to decide. :lol)

So Madden, you get second choice after punk, and then mrdbios, nobody is a loser here (except me when it comes to the contest of trying to get the wheel video to link up) so you get the video code that remains in the end!

minions_fangirling_despicable_me.gif

:yess: Go process of elimination!

Thanks GoldenBoy, and thanks Mrs. GoldenBoy for liking all of our attempts at art.

As far as posting the videos, I'm not exactly the most tech savvy person either. What I did was set up the wheel on my laptop, and ran it while filming it with my iPhone. I know, it's the 21st century equivalent of holding a cassette recorder to my boom box with the radio on so that I can record my favorite song as it played (all while hoping the stupid DJ wouldn't talk during the beginning or end of the song), but oh well, I'm old.

Anywho, once i had my video filmed, I just posted it with tapatalk and that seemed to work well.

Okay, SO, I told you guys my wife was unpredictable when it comes to what she'll like, so we finally crossed paths (told you, this week was not our friends :lol) at the same time, at the computer and I showed her the pictures done by mrdbios, punk and Madden, and she loved them all. She found highlights in each, and really couldn't decide. They all made her happy, and because of this, everyone's a winner!

The three digital codes you guys get to choose from are:

Ghostbusters (2016 all female cast film)
10 Cloverfield Lane
Mad Max: Fury Road

**on a side note, I'm in Canada, but I believe these should all work for you guys! Please let me know if they don't and I'll hunt down a code that will for a movie, I swear it! :lol **

SO, since there's no first place, I think I spun the wheel correctly and will post the results here! Everyone will get a digital movie code with the choices coming by who the wheel chooses first and second! Now let's see if this worked...if it didn't, then I know who won the spins, but hopefully it'll load them like everyone else has so you guys can see...even though it's a lot less dramatic with three entries :lol

https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=mrdbios&c2=punk&c3=Darth+Madden&time=5" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"

and second choice goes to:

https://wheeldecide.com/e.php?c1=mrdbios&c2=Darth+Madden&time=5" width="500" height="500" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"

Okay, yeah, that didn't work. I'm not sure how you guys link the videos, but I believe the above seem to just be linking my wheel for everyone to spin. :lol

The first wheel with three names had punk win when I spun it, so congrats punk, you get first choice of the digital codes above!

The second, and even LESS dramatic wheel spin with just two names saw Darth Madden literally edge out mrdbios (which is why the video would've been cool, because even with two names, we're talking a couple of millimeters where the arrow landed to decide. :lol)

So Madden, you get second choice after punk, and then mrdbios, nobody is a loser here (except me when it comes to the contest of trying to get the wheel video to link up) so you get the video code that remains in the end!

minions_fangirling_despicable_me.gif

Haha awesome! :hi5:
I'll take Mad Max Fury Road

:yess: Go process of elimination!

Thanks GoldenBoy, and thanks Mrs. GoldenBoy for liking all of our attempts at art.

As far as posting the videos, I'm not exactly the most tech savvy person either. What I did was set up the wheel on my laptop, and ran it while filming it with my iPhone. I know, it's the 21st century equivalent of holding a cassette recorder to my boom box with the radio on so that I can record my favorite song as it played (all while hoping the stupid DJ wouldn't talk during the beginning or end of the song), but oh well, I'm old.

Anywho, once i had my video filmed, I just posted it with tapatalk and that seemed to work well.

:lol it's so true, but possibly how it has to be done! I'll have to go that route if I use the wheel in the future!!

Okay, so punk has chosen Mad Max, so Madden, you're up!

Ghostbusters (2016) or 10 Cloverfield Lane!

I'll send out codes tonight after all the choices have been made! And likely after The Walking Dead at this point!

negan.gif

Back