Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

buying them because you like them or you are a fan of a franchise is cool, it is fun to get them. But i have seen people on fb legitimately buying them only to wait and flip them on ebay. some people have no interest at all, just trying to sell them for higher. I think the bubble will burst eventually.

buying them because you like them or you are a fan of a franchise is cool, it is fun to get them. But i have seen people on fb legitimately buying them only to wait and flip them on ebay. some people have no interest at all, just trying to sell them for higher. I think the bubble will burst eventually.

It's neat to watch, as I don't think anybody could have predicted how much the Pops would take off! But you're right, the bubble will no doubt burst! Just look at baseball cards, comics, smaller scale figures, POGS, beanie babies, etc. Companies will react to the popularity by producing as many as they can, saturate the market, and then collecting cools off (either because there are too many to realistically keep up, interest wanes, etc.).

I'm wondering how close we are to this with high end figures. It takes a LOT longer for figures to sell out, companies are starting to sell reissues of figures previously thought to be limited, and prices are reaching (or have reached) levels that make it hard for people to sustain their hobby or even enter into it if new.

So the SSC Spooktacular countdown clock has 1 day, 2 hours, and change left on it. Of course, Monday will start way before that. What are the chances that SSC will actually begin things at midnight PST? Or is the countdown clock accurate?

Decisions...

I know that Sleep is for the Weak, but the past couple of years I've checked the SSC site around midnight the first night and seem to remember being disappointed. Ah, what to do???

I'm kind of thinking of getting a discounted iron man figure or batman if spooktacular has any decent discounts.

2016 Freaktacular
tumblr_nsmxel9xF21rjapcjo1_500.gif

The Hatbox Ghost has appeared yet again to announce a big "Thank you!" to an awesome Freak:

xjamiex

With some patience and some effort his generous prize has safely arrived at the Haunted Mansion.

Thanks my friend, glad it was able to work!! :D

tumblr_mhtn4scSvF1s0xdh3o1_400.gif

Have never seen it.

We cut the cable a few years back and there are some cable shows we have just never caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't mind the cliffhanger but understand why some would be annoyed. It's one of the only shows that have such realistic psychology included,". The acting is top notch and really produces existential crises to ponder on.

I didn't mind the cliffhanger but understand why some would be annoyed. It's one of the only shows that have such realistic psychology included,". The acting is top notch and really produces existential crises to ponder on.

Agreed, but it's a very pivotal moment in the comics. They clearly did it as a marketing ploy to secure viewers for season 7. It's just a shame they didn't follow through with it to make the close off to S6 epic.

I can't decide if we're going to watch the new one tonight or wait for the Blu like we've always done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what i meant was that I just lost the hype because I couldn't wait lol.

I'll be watching... few hours to go. Wife has watched almost the entire marathon it feels like.. ugh.

Back