Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Sorry I haven't been more active....those who've been around the last couple of years may remember how my work life was killing me...this year is being no different. I'm trying to keep up, but I'm sometimes going a day or two before I can sit and read, and of course then I have to go through 10 or 20 or 30 pages of posts.

I'm missing contests right and left, but for the most part the prizes are not things I'd want, so I probably would have sat them out anyway so those who do want them have better shots at it.

I was really hoping to have a return to the Mort patches this year, but sadly my wife has been pretty busy too and hasn't had time to produce the prototype so we can see how it looks.
I was just looking at my Mort buttons from previous years. No worries bud. During these times we've been having, it's good to be busy with work.

For some reason the 's' really bothered me so I made a 'Freaks' smiley :lol
z14Klrc.png

Yes I'm bored :slap

Nice contest mrdbios :clap

:rotfl

Clearly you need to take some :chillpill:s
:monkey3

BTW, how do you make a custom smiley?
:hi5:

Actually I'm more at peace using my computer, keeps my constant headaches from chemo away and I feel better concentrating on stuff, even at 5am :lol and I take enough pills thank you very much :lol

I made that one in Photoshop, simply took the original 'Freak' smiley
1: Opened it in Photoshop
2: Made the white sign its holding longer
3: Painted over the 'freak' text in white
4: Typed out 'Freaks' as replacement text
5. Saved as a PNG and uploaded it to IMGUR.com

Sorry I haven't been more active....those who've been around the last couple of years may remember how my work life was killing me...this year is being no different. I'm trying to keep up, but I'm sometimes going a day or two before I can sit and read, and of course then I have to go through 10 or 20 or 30 pages of posts.

I'm missing contests right and left, but for the most part the prizes are not things I'd want, so I probably would have sat them out anyway so those who do want them have better shots at it.

I was really hoping to have a return to the Mort patches this year, but sadly my wife has been pretty busy too and hasn't had time to produce the prototype so we can see how it looks.
Hi Kamikaze!!! Welcome back! :hi5: Hope to see you around more during Spook, in here and chat...

For some reason the 's' really bothered me so I made a 'Freaks' smiley :lol
z14Klrc.png

Yes I'm bored :slap
That's awesome! I have no idea how you did that!

Actually I'm more at peace using my computer, keeps my constant headaches from chemo away and I feel better concentrating on stuff, even at 5am :lol and I take enough pills thank you very much :lol

Very cool! I'll have to try that sometime... I'm no Photoshop expert, but I think I can manage that...

Very cool! I'll have to try that sometime... I'm no Photoshop expert, but I think I can manage that...
It's pretty easy and a cool place to start learning. I never took a formal course for Photoshop, completely self taught and if you ever need help feel free to ask me anything :duff

I also made alternate lightsaber smileys
Heres' the default one: :lightsabe

and my edits:
UkFK8Ya.gif
JyAQZwN.gif
PSAVnSL.gif
qW37OkO.gif

2016 Freaktacular
tumblr_nsmxel9xF21rjapcjo1_500.gif

The Hatbox Ghost has appeared yet again to announce a big "Thank you!" to an awesome Freak:

xjamiex

With some patience and some effort his generous prize has safely arrived at the Haunted Mansion.

I still need a Hatbox Ghost pop vinyl :(

I hope you can find one at a decent price.
I was able to find all four (HBG and the 3 hitchhiking ghosts) at twice what they're normally worth, so I had to jump on that deal.
They're normally going for a lot more.
Also, the set I found was the error set. This is the one where the box was incorrectly printed. They swapped the names of 'Gus' and 'Phineas'. There aren't very many of these out there since Disney caught on to the mistake, pulled whatever else was left on the shelves, and replaced them with corrected boxart. You can, however, find them on ebay.

funko-pop-disney-exclusive-haunted-mansion-full-set-hatbox-gus-ezra-phineas-d8a55e2fbb0f3b571f37b3a5554cc943.jpg

It's something I want, because I have a lot of hats.. but... it's not something I want enough to seek it out. :p

Only pops I'll really hunt down are Batman ones I need, and can afford. Trying to finish my Batman shelf.

ill never forget this

i am member of a couple of funko pop groups on facebook and i see people spending thousands on pops. kinda like him. I love pops but i dont understand how they got so high end and exclusive among collectors.
even a sticker will make a pop go from costing the normal 10 dollars to cost 500 dollars.... just a sticker. that amazes me

I'm always in awe of people who know their stuff on computers. It's like car mechanics; I know some basics, but also recognize how little I really know and as a result am impressed with other people's knowledge. Very cool!

Yeah the pop market may crash like TY beanie babies did. Similar marketing strategy.
The only real bonus that Funko has over Ty is in licensing. Even when Ty tried to acquire licenses, the resulting toy were not instantly recognizable or unique enough. Funko, however, has so many licenses that they can afford to put out less popular series, because it can draw fringe fans and once you Pop it's hard to stop.

Back