Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

nope not good enough, see below for example of the level of saltiness you need to get up to Zod.

it's almost like they want minimum wage to participate. I can't really blame SS for slowing down on spook when it draws this kind of crowd out.

Ugh, the entitlement in that thread kills me. Though I have to say, I've noticed that typ of thinking is very common in some of the people that I interview at work. They all want something for doing nothing.

Difference:

Here people are primarily concerned with having fun. Don't get me wrong, we want the codes and such, but here it feels more like an event.

There, people are primarily concerned with codes/coupons/free money. Granted, it is the purpose of the thread, but the attitude there is often negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. The event of Spooktacular is what used to be fun on their website--searching for hidden deals, getting a surprise giveaway, online scavenger hunts, etc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised things are the way they are when all Sideshow does now is focus on giveaways and free points. I like it here because we keep the fun of the event alive.

One of my favorite sitcoms!!! I need to watch em from the beginning sometime...

I got my wife the series set on blu ray last Christmas. I don't know how long it would take, but I'd give watching all ten seasons from beginning to end a shot.

Was that good enough complaining or should I go for the full "I deserve five $20 codes a day plus 40% off whatever I want AND free shipping!"

and you should be able to stack all of it. Don't forget that! Oh, and you're entitled to a free PF of your choice, or a lifesize item.

Freaktacular 2016

I avoided that thread because of all the fake codes folks did the first year I went there.

They weren't funny, just dumb, but just close enough to something that might be legitimate for you to waste your time entering it. A few other folks and I asked folks to stop being obnoxious, and they just got more jerky.

And Zod accused me of acting entitled LOL.

Hanging out here this year has been much more chill and pleasant.

Last edited:

Difference:

Here people are primarily concerned with having fun. Don't get me wrong, we want the codes and such, but here it feels more like an event.

There, people are primarily concerned with codes/coupons/free money. Granted, it is the purpose of the thread, but the attitude there is often negative.

I'm only entering things from SS for the fun of entering personally. Trying to come up with witty comments is amusing me during otherwise dull time. The coupon thread here is like someone vomited all over -.-

Now, the chat here, that is where it is at.

See, i never came to this in the past because i used to think this was going to be just like the code thread.
U guys are a lot of fun and the thread is a lot of fun. It is funny. And the contests are very entertaining.

I wont buy anything so i dont really do the codes. But this thread has been so much fun.

I got my wife the series set on blu ray last Christmas. I don't know how long it would take, but I'd give watching all ten seasons from beginning to end a shot.

I'm constantly tempted to pick up the Blu-ray set, as this was always my favourite growing up. Just classic stuff. I've got them on DVD, which has extended episodes as well, and for some reason the Blu-ray set doesn't have those. It doesn't make a difference in the big picture, but it's REALLY weird when Blu-ray offerings don't give even what the DVDs offered. I'd love the HD versions though. Here's hoping for a re-release down the road for an anniversary!

Hell, I'm still waiting for them to put out the cash to upgrade the first few seasons of 24 to HD though. Since they were filmed beforehand, that's the excuse for not having a full Blu-ray release of that series...I think the HD recordings because in season three or four. Spend the money FOX!

73334eeb8ade3a7df12560882574675b.jpg
<-- Best.Show.Ever. Well, my favourite. :lol

I avoided that thread because of all the fake codes folks did the first year I went there.

They weren't funny, just dumb, but just close enough to something that might be legitimate for you to waste your time entering it. A few other folks and I asked folks to stop being obnoxious, and they just got more jerky.

And Zod accused me of being entitled LOL.

This year has been much more chill and pleasant.

I thought the fake codes were funny. People forget why they happened in the first place. If people were on email list, they wouldn't have to worry about codes. Lurkers do kill a lot of fun over there. The entitlement is gross but it can be pretty funny in that thread at times.

See, i never came to this in the past because i used to think this was going to be just like the code thread.
U guys are a lot of fun and the thread is a lot of fun. It is funny. And the contests are very entertaining.

I wont buy anything so i dont really do the codes. But this thread has been so much fun.

This is the most fun thread in any of the forums.
The saddest part is that after Halloween it quickly dies down and goes into hibernation again until next September.

This is the most fun thread in any of the forums.
The saddest part is that after Halloween it quickly dies down and goes into hibernation again until next September.

Which is why I visit here yearly :p

Difference:

Just throwing in my two cents. This is my first year following spooktacular and I've had a blast. Love the free money, but the conversations and games in the forum have actually been the best part of spooktacular. I'll be here again next year and it won't be beacause of the SS reward points it with be because of the the follow collectors and other complete idiots like me.

And Zod accused me of being entitled LOL.

This year has been much more chill and pleasant.

That thread is a mess every Spook without fail. The fake codes caused real problems at Sideshow and some people just thought it was funny. I couldn't believe it this year when they started posting boob gifs (which aren't allowed on the forum anyway) to the point that Alex commented about it and some people started getting ******. They don't care that they're the reason this is the first year a Sideshow rep hasn't done a special giveaway in there. They just want to do what they want to do and get free money without doing anything and anyone that tells them they can't is an *******. I've accused a lot of people on this forum for being entitled when all they're after is free codes during Spook because that's not what it should be about.

yeesh, if I was a mod I'd make it so you can only post codes in there- nothing else. the bitching and whining for 2$ of RP is ridiculous. have never seen a thread like that before on SSF's.

I guess I'm just used to people whining and complaining as it doesn't my bug me as much. Wonder why. :lol

But I'm super happy to have you all here to celebrate Halloween with. Great group of gals and guys.

:duff

If I recall, in previous years, you would post a lot of your cosplay stuff.
Didn't go to very many this year?

Health declining and being broke as **** has lead to 2016 being a very small year for conventions for us. 2017 looks to be even worse.

Anyways, cosplay pic spam:

Negan
DgWkW4t.jpg

Steampunk (fancy)
cmTDxBM.jpg

Steampunk (Battle-worn)
1e6PcCL.jpg

Protoman (Inspired by The Protomen, not the original NES version)
3qtrU28.jpg

Hastily tossed together Sith for an event at the local library
LpseBJ9.jpg

Steampunk Batman (Normal Batman is The Hillsdale Batman, friend of mine)
13CZaOR.jpg

Constantine
x5Jq5Ez.jpg

Mandalorian (Still unfinished)
Z0Nk5SD.jpg

Iron Man (Wife is Pepper Potts, REALLY bad picture someone got using their phone.)
EbuRNbK.jpg

Back