Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

My thoughts on the $2 codes - **** adds up. All else get enough and it covers shipping on something. I've nearly got the Rick figure from Walking Dead paid for in *just* RP from Spooks, which is going to be a huge surprise for my wife come Christmas. Now, the question is will she turn Lucille on me because I've already passed what I was suppose to spend on her... and it's not even November. *whistles*

My thoughts on the $2 codes - **** adds up. All else get enough and it covers shipping on something. I've nearly got the Rick figure from Walking Dead paid for in *just* RP from Spooks, which is going to be a huge surprise for my wife come Christmas. Now, the question is will she turn Lucille on me because I've already passed what I was suppose to spend on her... and it's not even November. *whistles*

Hell yes it does. I've been saving my point from these events for the last two or three years and am up to $152

OMG.. I just went and looked trough a couple pages of that code thread. I'm glad I never went there before. What a bunch of &$^#*%^#*&$.

Seriously though, I've got about $20-30 in RP this spook. That's more than I had. I have no problem with that. I'm not exactly being held at gunpoint to stare at this all day, I'm doing it willingly. It's fun, something to do. All it means is I'm not sitting in front of games all day. I haven't been uh... doing anything productive either... but that's neither here nor there :p Not like mixing tracks and working on music is paying any bills for me.

I had a lot of fun there earlier in the week but there's some sensitive members and others that just seem to like complaining. And some who like to push people's buttons. I suppose long stretches without a code + sleep deprivation can make anyone edgy but it's been a powder keg lately.

That Code thread is a mess. Might as well be on Facebook or Twitter and read all the whining and complaining that goes on there. I'm much happier in this thread.
I only went in there once this week (when I heard Alex was there), and didn't plan on going back.

You're right. The event of Spooktacular is what used to be fun on their website--searching for hidden deals, getting a surprise giveaway, online scavenger hunts, etc. I guess I shouldn't be surprised things are the way they are when all Sideshow does now is focus on giveaways and free points. I like it here because we keep the fun of the event alive.
I know we all talk about the good ol' days of the past, but I've come to accept what they do in the present. It's not going to change. Complaining about it will accomplish nothing.

I got my wife the series set on blu ray last Christmas. I don't know how long it would take, but I'd give watching all ten seasons from beginning to end a shot.
I almost bought it, but just couldn't, because of:

I'm constantly tempted to pick up the Blu-ray set, as this was always my favourite growing up. Just classic stuff. I've got them on DVD, which has extended episodes as well, and for some reason the Blu-ray set doesn't have those. It doesn't make a difference in the big picture, but it's REALLY weird when Blu-ray offerings don't give even what the DVDs offered. I'd love the HD versions though. Here's hoping for a re-release down the road for an anniversary!
The producers have already set they do not plan on releasing an extended BD release. So I'll stick with my DVD sets. If I want to watch them in HD, I'm sure they're on Netflix of Hulu...

I thought the fake codes were funny. People forget why they happened in the first place. If people were on email list, they wouldn't have to worry about codes. Lurkers do kill a lot of fun over there. The entitlement is gross but it can be pretty funny in that thread at times.
Yeah, they were funny at first, when they were clearly fake. Some people went too far perhaps. But for the IDIOTS who CALLED Sideshow to complain about codes not working, I say :slap

Health declining and being broke as **** has lead to 2016 being a very small year for conventions for us. 2017 looks to be even worse.

Anyways, cosplay pic spam:

Negan

Steampunk (fancy)

Steampunk (Battle-worn)

Protoman (Inspired by The Protomen, not the original NES version)

Hastily tossed together Sith for an event at the local library

Steampunk Batman (Normal Batman is The Hillsdale Batman, friend of mine)

Constantine

Mandalorian (Still unfinished)

Iron Man (Wife is Pepper Potts, REALLY bad picture someone got using their phone.)
Very nice Theo! You are good at cosplay...

EXACTLY! I'm just happy they're giving us something. I do hope to see a few more deals for Star Wars, but I'm glad they had one good one, which I jumped on.

OMG.. I just went and looked trough a couple pages of that code thread. I'm glad I never went there before. What a bunch of &$^#*%^#*&$.

I didn't believe it was as bad as I'd heard until I went it and started reading for myself.
All right, you guys have twisted my arm. I'm gonna take a peek...

theorize, that's more like it!
Thanks for sharing those pics.

Best response you'll get from her if she ever finds out how much you spent..."Mother d1ck!" :lol :yess:

The saddest part is that those guilty of all the entitled behavior are either clueless or just don't care that they are behaving so poorly

Back