Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

Damn, I missed another shot at mort kit as well as a 2016 punk prize! :gah:

Winner of 10 Sins will be posted tomorrow! I'm also going to have a runner up prize as well.

giphy.gif

That's great news! Not so great news--I want to go to bed but Sideshow hasn't posted another code yet so I can't. :mad:

Was that good enough complaining or should I go for the full "I deserve five $20 codes a day plus 40% off whatever I want AND free shipping!"

Damn, I missed another shot at mort kit as well as a 2016 punk prize! :gah:

Winner of 10 Sins will be posted tomorrow! I'm also going to have a runner up prize as well.

It was for a 2017 punk prize. Didn't do any this year. You'll have chances to win next spook.

text "spooktacular" to 33233

put on notifications for @sideshowchicky @collectsideshow. set an alarm every 45 minutes, bam you're covered. :D

Yep! But sometimes I try to get 60 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Code thread is a mess. Might as well be on Facebook or Twitter and read all the whining and complaining that goes on there. I'm much happier in this thread.

You've got me very curious. How?
He could've been an egg just like me in a previous Vander contest. :D
But at least I was cooked over easy and eaten with some ham and toast. Ask Vander about that last part because we're all still wondering. :lol

One of my favorite sitcoms!!! I need to watch em from the beginning sometime...
You enjoyed it too? Right on! :hi5:

Was that good enough complaining or should I go for the full "I deserve five $20 codes a day plus 40% off whatever I want AND free shipping!"

nope not good enough, see below for example of the level of saltiness you need to get up to Zod.

Well, it's not exactly "free" if you have to constantly watch and wait for the code to appear (from quite a few different places) - staying up late, constantly distracting you from family/work activities, etc. - and then be in a position to very quickly enter it within the really narrow validity time.

If it was a code that had a day or more of validity, that people could discover and enter on their own time, it would be "getting free stuff.":dunno

There is some "work" involved in getting these codes, even if it's the kind of work that can be paid for by a $2 or $3 discount; which are the most common codes we've gotten this year.

it's almost like they want minimum wage to participate. I can't really blame SS for slowing down on spook when it draws this kind of crowd out.

text "spooktacular" to 33233

put on notifications for @sideshowchicky @collectsideshow. set an alarm every 45 minutes, bam you're covered. :D

I've done that in the past but $5 isn't worth it to me now. I got tired of my phone constantly dinging for nonsense then feeling like crap the next day because I didn't sleep. It won't be the first late night code I've missed if I miss one tonight. In fact, I'd take better sales on Sideshow's site over a few reward points any day.

That Code thread is a mess. Might as well be on Facebook or Twitter and read all the whining and complaining that goes on there. I'm much happier in this thread.

Difference:

Here people are primarily concerned with having fun. Don't get me wrong, we want the codes and such, but here it feels more like an event.

There, people are primarily concerned with codes/coupons/free money. Granted, it is the purpose of the thread, but the attitude there is often negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back