Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

I was going to buy a bunch of the Vinyl Idolz, but read they have the same problem as the Vinyl Vixens... they are top heavy and bend over at the legs. I'm not shelling out money for that crappy QA. And I would have been a good customer too. I would have gotten Ghostbusters, Back to the future, young frankenstein, 60's batman, Cornetto Trilogy figures.... basically all of them. Too bad the vinyl is crap.

I hadn't heard that about them. I'm glad I didn't start collecting them yet. Not a lot of point in getting them if I can't take them out of the box.

I hadn't heard that about them. I'm glad I didn't start collecting them yet. Not a lot of point in getting them if I can't take them out of the box.

You may want to do a little research before you condemn the line for yourself..... I'm just so strapped for collection cash that I couldn't take the risk. I've heard a few complaints on the Vinyl Vixen line and one guy made the same complaint about the Idolz on their facebook page. I'm just being cautious because I just don't have the money to take the risk.

I haven't looked into them at all except to view pics. Considering they're twice as much as POPS I'd definitely need to check out some in-hand reviews first before jumping in. I don't know if it's the price or the style but Idolz haven't taken off in popularity like I thought they would.

I haven't looked into them at all except to view pics. Considering they're twice as much as POPS I'd definitely need to check out some in-hand reviews first before jumping in. I don't know if it's the price or the style but Idolz haven't taken off in popularity like I thought they would.

Well, my biggest complaint is I can't find the damned things. I live 30 minutes from Funko headquarters, and I can't find them. I don't like to buy these things online because I'm a little OCD about paint jobs. I think you'd probably be ok buying the ones that are purely vertical. The ghostbusters have the proton packs that weigh them down. I think that is why they are bending at the legs. It's disappointing, this line was one of my more anticipated toys this year.

Some of the Idolz look cool, but the last thing I need to do is get into another sort of collecting line! :lol I've picked up all the Star Wars: Force Awakens Pop! figures (sans all the troopers! Just grabbed the First Assault at the moment. And no regular Finn, as I nabbed the EB EX Finn in a Stormtrooper outfit) to display on my desk at work, so there's a place for them. I'll probably pick up some more when released for the same reason/place.

I've also picked up some Marvel ones as well, but decided against delving too much deeper into that Pop! line, as I just don't have the space. It'd be picking and choosing there. I can't have one version of every hero as a Hot Toy, Pop! and whatever else! :lol So outside of Star Wars, I'm fairly Pop! selective. I love the Alien Pop! I got during last year's Freaktacular! That guy sits with my Sideshow Alien busts!

I didn't know about any issues with the Idolz either, but it makes me happier I decided against going that route at all. I was close to PO some of the Vinyl Vixens as well, when those were announced, but decided to wait until I saw them in person. I was glad I did, as they did nothing for me, and now that I hear they're top heavy, I'm even happier. I know my Nebula Pop! figure has some trouble standing at times as well, which is why I'm really loving that Pop! added bases to their Star Wars releases. Really ups the display look of them, for sure!

I'm with you on thinking Idolz would take off too. When we first caught a glimpse of them last year, I was like, "Wow, those are going to be big!" But after seeing them in person, I feel like they're almost...too identical? While they look like the characters to a degree, the bugged out eyes are less appealing than the cutesy look of Pop! figures (that somehow STILL capture the look of a character, even with so little features.) Add that to the doubled cost -- and also the possible bending issue -- and that's all likely part of the reason they didn't fly off shelves as many first expected.

Well, my biggest complaint is I can't find the damned things. I live 30 minutes from Funko headquarters, and I can't find them. I don't like to buy these things online because I'm a little OCD about paint jobs. I think you'd probably be ok buying the ones that are purely vertical. The ghostbusters have the proton packs that weigh them down. I think that is why they are bending at the legs. It's disappointing, this line was one of my more anticipated toys this year.

I haven't seen any of these in stores yet either but they're all over online. I figured it was from them flying off the shelves but no one seems to have any in their collection. :lol I'm the same way in that I'd like to look at them in person to check out the paint. Might have to just take a chance and see what I get.

Some of the Idolz look cool, but the last thing I need to do is get into another sort of collecting line! :lol I've picked up all the Star Wars: Force Awakens Pop! figures (sans all the troopers! Just grabbed the First Assault at the moment. And no regular Finn, as I nabbed the EB EX Finn in a Stormtrooper outfit) to display on my desk at work, so there's a place for them. I'll probably pick up some more when released for the same reason/place.

I've also picked up some Marvel ones as well, but decided against delving too much deeper into that Pop! line, as I just don't have the space. It'd be picking and choosing there. I can't have one version of every hero as a Hot Toy, Pop! and whatever else! :lol So outside of Star Wars, I'm fairly Pop! selective. I love the Alien Pop! I got during last year's Freaktacular! That guy sits with my Sideshow Alien busts!

I didn't know about any issues with the Idolz either, but it makes me happier I decided against going that route at all. I was close to PO some of the Vinyl Vixens as well, when those were announced, but decided to wait until I saw them in person. I was glad I did, as they did nothing for me, and now that I hear they're top heavy, I'm even happier. I know my Nebula Pop! figure has some trouble standing at times as well, which is why I'm really loving that Pop! added bases to their Star Wars releases. Really ups the display look of them, for sure!

I'm with you on thinking Idolz would take off too. When we first caught a glimpse of them last year, I was like, "Wow, those are going to be big!" But after seeing them in person, I feel like they're almost...too identical? While they look like the characters to a degree, the bugged out eyes are less appealing than the cutesy look of Pop! figures (that somehow STILL capture the look of a character, even with so little features.) Add that to the doubled cost -- and also the possible bending issue -- and that's all likely part of the reason they didn't fly off shelves as many first expected.

Yeah the last thing I need to do is jump into another line but I've liked the way these look from the first time I saw them online--before they started selling them I thought those would be awesome to have. When I found out Funko was going to distribute them I figured they'd be the next big thing. I'd love to see a Christopher Reeve Superman. Since they did '66 Batman I figure I can have a little hope

I'm the exact same way about EVERYTHING! :lol I bought a $9.99 3.5" Rey Star Wars figure today. I stopped buying those types to save for more collectibles, but I'm picking up lots of Rey stuff, and this one looked "okay," which is about all you can hope for when it comes to 3.5" figures. Does it sort of look like a human female? Yes? Buy it. :lol

But with Pop! figures, it's so true. I'll go through box after box looking for the cleanest one. Which has the least amount of issues? If the face is clean, then I can live with a little mark on the outfit. It's bizarre, but I'll go through them all. I bought a Rey EX from Hot Topic, took her out of the box, and realized her spring was showing too much, and her head was angled up. It didn't show in the box, but alas! So I've got some coupons saved up and I'll pick up another soon and be more careful. I mean, these things are $15 and I act like the factory shouldn't be letting them through in certain conditions. :lol

Yeah the last thing I need to do is jump into another line but I've liked the way these look from the first time I saw them online--before they started selling them I thought those would be awesome to have. When I found out Funko was going to distribute them I figured they'd be the next big thing. I'd love to see a Christopher Reeve Superman. Since they did '66 Batman I figure I can have a little hope

Yeah, being selective I can see one or two being okay if that's what you want! I saw Marty and Doc at a local comic book store. They looked okay, but they didn't even tempt me, and I love Back to the Future. I didn't check the price, but I'm guessing they'd be $20-$25 by what you're saying. If I were going to get any, I think the only tempting ones would be the Ghostbusters. For some reason those guys with that look still works! :lol Unfortunate to hear that they're probably the most likely to bend, but it's probably best to put that $100 elsewhere anyway!

I'm just too invested in Lego, Hot toys, and Disney Infinity right now to take on another line. And holy crap did I pick 3 of the most expensive things to collect. :)

I was going to buy a bunch of the Vinyl Idolz, but read they have the same problem as the Vinyl Vixens... they are top heavy and bend over at the legs. I'm not shelling out money for that crappy QA. And I would have been a good customer too. I would have gotten Ghostbusters, Back to the future, young frankenstein, 60's batman, Cornetto Trilogy figures.... basically all of them. Too bad the vinyl is crap.
Didn't know that, such a shame. Overall they still look great though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm just too invested in Lego, Hot toys, and Disney Infinity right now to take on another line. And holy crap did I pick 3 of the most expensive things to collect. :)

I actually just bought Disney Infinite 3.0 this weekend! Picked up Obi-Wan to go with it. Haven't had a chance to start it yet, as the only time I have to play is at night, and I'm playing Until Dawn right now...but next weekend or during this week if possible, I'll definitely be giving it a shot. I fear for my wallet as well once the new characters get released! I THINK I'm going to stick to just Star Wars figures for this one -- at least for now. :lol

I actually just bought Disney Infinite 3.0 this weekend! Picked up Obi-Wan to go with it. Haven't had a chance to start it yet, as the only time I have to play is at night, and I'm playing Until Dawn right now...but next weekend or during this week if possible, I'll definitely be giving it a shot. I fear for my wallet as well once the new characters get released! I THINK I'm going to stick to just Star Wars figures for this one -- at least for now. :lol

My son and I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and really like it. We already can't wait for the OT play set and figures later this month. Disney really does have this down pat so they can get the most money possible from us for a game.

I'd love to collect Lego, forgetting how much it costs I still wouldn't have the space to display it safely. I was out shopping the other day and there are Lego Force Awakens sets everywhere on display now. People buy them even without having seen the movie. [emoji38]

My little venture outside of Statues is pretty much almost over, I got all the Horror POP!s I wanted accept for Regan McNeil, which I believe is coming this month sometime, and I have the Batman one's I wanted on order. After that, Statues and busts, I can't get into all the other stuff. I'll become a hoarder :lol

Isn't that usually how it goes? :wink1:

My little venture outside of Statues is pretty much almost over, I got all the Horror POP!s I wanted accept for Regan McNeil, which I believe is coming this month sometime, and I have the Batman one's I wanted on order. After that, Statues and busts, I can't get into all the other stuff. I'll become a hoarder :lol

I think we are already at that point... :lol

I'd love to collect Lego, forgetting how much it costs I still wouldn't have the space to display it safely. I was out shopping the other day and there are Lego Force Awakens sets everywhere on display now. People buy them even without having seen the movie. [emoji38]

:exactly: I'm in the same boat there. Lego always seems appealing, but I really don't have anywhere to make a nice enough display for it! That said, it's HUGELY expensive, and I don't envy anyone who heavily collects it, as I can only imagine how fun and addicting it is, yet how fast it adds up! I'm really tempted to get the Rey speeder that was just released, but $24.99 for something so incredibly small...I mean, I'll likely get it a bit later, but LEGO always feel like they're marking things up 75% :lol That said, if money was no object, I'd probably have loads of them!

My son and I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and really like it. We already can't wait for the OT play set and figures later this month. Disney really does have this down pat so they can get the most money possible from us for a game.

Yeah, I bought the starter box that comes with the OT set also! It was funny, and Veil and his likened to mine OCD will understand this, but I opened it up and Leia has the slightest bit of paint missing on one eyebrow at the edge, so it looks like a peach bump...driving me nuts! :lol It's ridiculous to expect the perfection I look for in these damn, cheap (and I say that very loosely for how fast these add up!) figures! :lol

I'll likely delve into it on Saturday, though it'll be a while before I get into the OT, as I heard the main game is a solid length (even though it's likely really easy.) I do know that Vader, Chewie and Han are due out individually when the OT releases later this month, so those will be three I'll be nabbing right away! From what I could tell, Darth Maul doesn't come out until November, but I'm guessing some characters are more for the Toy Box mode, or whathaveyou, over playing in the actual story.

:exactly: I'm in the same boat there. Lego always seems appealing, but I really don't have anywhere to make a nice enough display for it! That said, it's HUGELY expensive, and I don't envy anyone who heavily collects it, as I can only imagine how fun and addicting it is, yet how fast it adds up! I'm really tempted to get the Rey speeder that was just released, but $24.99 for something so incredibly small...I mean, I'll likely get it a bit later, but LEGO always feel like they're marking things up 75% [emoji38] That said, if money was no object, I'd probably have loads of them!

I was tempted to buy the First Order Transporter but decided not to. [emoji38]

And yeah, if it was no object I'd get them all regardless. :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've bought a few big Lego sets in the last year. They're expensive as hell but provide a much needed moment of Zen when I'm putting them together. I don't have much room to display them so usually take them apart--another moment of Zen--after a few weeks. I'm going to start on the Slave I set pretty soon, which should take me a week or so to complete at my pace. Lego is doing double reward points the first week of October for VIP members (which is free to join) so I'll probably buy some sets then too.

Back