Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

I've bought a few big Lego sets in the last year. They're expensive as hell but provide a much needed moment of Zen when I'm putting them together. I don't have much room to display them so usually take them apart--another moment of Zen--after a few weeks. I'm going to start on the Slave I set pretty soon, which should take me a week or so to complete at my pace. Lego is doing double reward points the first week of October for VIP members (which is free to join) so I'll probably buy some sets then too.
I haven't built a Lego set since I was a teenager. Can't imagine how long it would take me to build a big set now. [emoji38]

I haven't built a Lego set since I was a teenager. Can't imagine how long it would take me to build a big set now. [emoji38]

I hadn't built Legos in years and bought the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 one day because I thought it looked cool. I'm almost glad that the sets are expensive, otherwise I'd have a house full of them. The big sets like the Tie Fighter are perfect for me because I can build a bag or two a night after work while I'm watching TV and in a week or so I have it complete.

I might get one sweater and scarf. They are a little pricey for something I would probably only swear once or twice a year.

Yeah, they're the same price as the Gremlins sweater I got. It's really nice quality, but the price makes getting more than one prohibitive. I wore it on our ugly Christmas sweater day at work and everyone loved it. I'll probably wear it every chance I get this year to get more use out of it.

Yeah, they're the same price as the Gremlins sweater I got. It's really nice quality, but the price makes getting more than one prohibitive. I wore it on our ugly Christmas sweater day at work and everyone loved it. I'll probably wear it every chance I get this year to get more use out of it.

:rock :rock

I am thinking about getting the Halloween sweater and the Friday the 13th scarf. I love the Friday the 13th sweater but I probably shouldn't wear that to work.

That's one of the ones that I have, and it is an awesome model when complete. And I had tons of fun putting it together.

Enjoy!

That's good to hear. It looks pretty impressive, plus it's one of my favorite ships so I figured I couldn't go wrong with it. I'll have it finished eventually :lol

I've always been tempted by the LEGO Death Star that Toys R Us offers, but it's $599.99 and MASSIVE. Those two factors really make me shy away and also make me assume it's more or less for pure LEGO collectors. Comes with loads of characters though!

7180725_orig.jpg

nwht_filename_27396.jpg

I've always been tempted by the LEGO Death Star that Toys R Us offers, but it's $599.99 and MASSIVE. Those two factors really make me shy away and also make me assume it's more or less for pure LEGO collectors. Comes with loads of characters though!

7180725_orig.jpg

View attachment 210529

I'd love to get that set but that price kills me.

Ya but depending on what you buy, out of print sets, usually go for cost or more. Even if they are opened. I just went through purge of my LEGO and some of them I made a profit on.

That's kind of how I approach it. I have the big Batman Tumbler and Avengers Helicarrier now, which are huge sets. I llove them as display pieces.
But I kept the boxes and figure a few years down the line if I see an equally huge and great set I can sell one of those to pretty much pay for the new one. I'd love to keep more, but you guys are right-they're all expensive and BIG!

Back