Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

That's kind of how I approach it. I have the big Batman Tumbler and Avengers Helicarrier now, which are huge sets. I llove them as display pieces.
But I kept the boxes and figure a few years down the line if I see an equally huge and great set I can sell one of those to pretty much pay for the new one. I'd love to keep more, but you guys are right-they're all expensive and BIG!

I've got the Helicarrier and it took me forever to build. I love it though--it's crazy impressive in person. I didn't get the motor/light for it but I'd like to get it up and running just for the hell of it.

I've got the Helicarrier and it took me forever to build. I love it though--it's crazy impressive in person. I didn't get the motor/light for it but I'd like to get it up and running just for the hell of it.

You mean, just for the hell-icarrier of it.

onQsQ1r.gif

It is impressive. And Heavy!

I would also say it was the most fun to build.

:lol Nah, it has spurts all year. Eventually we'll all be waking up to 20+ pages to tear through! Another week and a half before the insanity starts to trickle in!

I'd like to put out there once again the thought of having a separate thread for contests...I know a number of people long-term Spook followers kind of gave up on the thread because there was just too much to go through.

For myself, any contests I run will either be done in this proposed contest thread, or I will create individual ones that can then be unsubscribed from once the contest is over (or maybe I'll just do one thread for all my Mort patch contests that I hold here...still plan on doing others in chat, assuming we can still make that happen).

Mort patch contest #1.
Winner - Punkg42

Reason: his completist head will explode if he doesn't have a full set. :lol

Same with Buttons now as well since fellow freak fury hooked me up with all the rare past buttons I was missing. I think I am complete on those minus only one I think. :yess:

Zod won a second set of buttons last year and passed the winnings on to me. Still waiting for my buttons...:impatient: :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mort patch contest #1.
Winner - Punkg42

Reason: his completist head will explode if he doesn't have a full set. :lol

Same with Buttons now as well since fellow freak fury hooked me up with all the rare past buttons I was missing. I think I am complete on those minus only one I think. :yess:

I might almost give it too you on the basis of creativity...however the patch design hasn't been completed yet so no patches are available. I don't give out things I don't yet have.

You'll just have to try again...when I'm ready ;)

We all need a collectible story to tell of the one that got away! :nana:

I've got three of those...one was the art print "Speechless" that was put out right after Mel Blanc died. Had a shot at a limited edition version, special printing, couldn't afford it.

2nd one was the "Flame of Udun" statue of the Balrog that Weta/Sideshow put out. This is the one with the fiery whip going all the way around it.

3rd one was the "Minas Morgul" polystone statue released as an extra purchase for those who bought the boxed set of "Return of the King". I got the Aragonoth bookends, and the matching Gollum/Smeagol items, but missed the window for ordering the Minas Morgul.

Put it behind you and move on, that's what I keep telling myself...

I've always been tempted by the LEGO Death Star that Toys R Us offers, but it's $599.99 and MASSIVE. Those two factors really make me shy away and also make me assume it's more or less for pure LEGO collectors. Comes with loads of characters though!

7180725_orig.jpg

View attachment 210529
Wow, that's a nice price hike. LOL!
This thing was $400 new. Still, it's one of the best sets released to date. Lots of playability and the asymmetrical design makes it the most fun to build. Highly recommended, but at $600.....

Back