Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

I've just been keeping SyFy on in the background. I've been through some of the F13's already. Finished Part VII and now they're playing Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.
Damn...I dont know what rock I've been under but I missed this! I just turned my tv on and Friday the 13th Final Chapter is on right now.

:1-1: We're going to get along just fine, here. :D

YES. And even though it's close, it feels far away. We should do a group movie night. All agree on one and watch it while we chat.
:yess::1-1:

And I'm so down for the movie night viewing!
So shall we nominate movies?>

Personally....

1. An American Werewolf in London.
2. The Shining
3. Night of the Living Dead
4. Halloween 1978
5. Jaws
cool list, I'd say The Shining because I know I own that one; but I've been trying to catch AAWIL.

My overall suggestion? Let's do something from Netflix. :lol

There is no other way.

Sadly, I just upgraded to On Demand TV viewing. :lol

Safe to assume all the originals for these? Lol

giphy.gif

I can only think of a VERY small handful where the remake even came close to the original.....

Dawn of the Dead comes to mind.....
Dracula

Struggling to come up with more...

Everything on Netflips sucks.....maybe we can do a few nights...classic movies and a "MST2000" type of night?

I always upvote AAWIL....is worth the money to rent on digital or buy it Y'all.

Lol I should hahaha.

Alright I'll take peoples recommendation.

What's the most hardcore spiritual, serial killer, and horror films I should watch? :lol

I'm so effed lol.

Anthrophagous: The Beast
Cannibal Holocaust
City of the Living Dead
The Burning
Zombi
Beyond the Darkness
Inside
Takashi Miike's Imprint
Martyrs
and last but not Least Tokyo Gore Police

If you can watch all that and not, vomit, cry out in horror, pee yourself or slip into a mental break down, you've done well.

But be warned, if you watch all those films you will be so desensitized to death, violence, gore and viscous fluids that people may look at you differently.

giphy.gif

I can only think of a VERY small handful where the remake even came close to the original.....

Dracula

Everything on Netflips sucks.....maybe we can do a few nights...classic movies and a "MST2000" type of night?

The 1990 Night of the Living Dead produced by Romero and Directed by Tom Savini is very good. But it's also nearly shot for shot and improves Barbara's character...and has Tony Todd, that's always a plus.

Oh man it's already almost time again.

I had been so busy October has been sneaking up on me again. Is it to late to get a 2015 sig? Although I will be sad to shelve my 2014 one.

Oh man it's already almost time again.

I had been so busy October has been sneaking up on me again. Is it to late to get a 2015 sig? Although I will be sad to shelve my 2014 one.

Check out post 13634 in this thread...I believe Veil1 already made you one!

The 1990 Night of the Living Dead produced by Romero and Directed by Tom Savini is very good. But it's also nearly shot for shot and improves Barbara's character...and has Tony Todd, that's always a plus.

I'll give you that one.... It pretty damn good....but it WAS Savini doing it.

notld2.jpg

****, I actually already saw all those; but the remakes. :lol
giphy.gif

Dracula

I don't mind remakes, it's kind of cool to see some of the newer technology give it a bit more realism, but I can see how some aren't a fan of authenticity.

Just saw they had Scream and A Nightmare on Elm Street, never seen either of those so I'd like to check it out lol. But I'll probably stick with AAWIL. It's on Amazon Prime.
Anthrophagous: The Beast
Cannibal Holocaust
City of the Living Dead
The Burning
Zombi
Beyond the Darkness
Inside
Takashi Miike's Imprint
Martyrs
and last but not Least Tokyo Gore Police

If you can watch all that and not, vomit, cry out in horror, pee yourself or slip into a mental break down, you've done well.

But be warned, if you watch all those films you will be so desensitized to death, violence, gore and viscous fluids that people may look at you differently.
:lol :rotfl :lol

To be fair, I think I've been desensitized to all that lol. I read a few of the Parent's notation for them on IMDb, and honestly a lot of that doesn't seem too harsh for me. Maybe it had to do with seeing the Scarface Chainsaw scene at 4 years old. :rotfl

Side note, whatever girl it is in Inside must really ****ing love scissors lol.

'nother side note/question: how do I go about seeing a few of these? Some of these have DVD's (which I don't buy lol) but are priced at like 30 bucks a pop. I barely want to pay 20 for brand new steelbooks haha. Gonna check Prime and Netflix later.

****, I actually already saw all those; but the remakes. [emoji38]

I don't mind remakes, it's kind of cool to see some of the newer technology give it a bit more realism, but I can see how some aren't a fan of authenticity.

Just saw they had Scream and A Nightmare on Elm Street, never seen either of those so I'd like to check it out lol. But I'll probably stick with AAWIL. It's on Amazon Prime.

[emoji38] :rotfl [emoji38]

To be fair, I think I've been desensitized to all that lol. I read a few of the Parent's notation for them on IMDb, and honestly a lot of that doesn't seem too harsh for me. Maybe it had to do with seeing the Scarface Chainsaw scene at 4 years old. :rotfl

Side note, whatever girl it is in Inside must really ****ing love scissors lol.

'nother side note/question: how do I go about seeing a few of these? Some of these have DVD's (which I don't buy lol) but are priced at like 30 bucks a pop. I barely want to pay 20 for brand new steelbooks haha. Gonna check Prime and Netflix later.
Netflix used to carry at least some of those, others you may have to search for elsewhere

Back