Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Talk about a frustrating night. We went out to rent some horror movies and get a pizza, then JUST as we were turning into our apartment I saw someone riding their bike in the middle of our lane, coming right at us. I asked my wife, "Is he coming at us?" and then it was clear that he was. I slowed and honked, and he stayed REALLY close, moved over slightly then smacked our sideview mirror, busting it off and breaking the mirror.

I pulled around our apartment parking lot and followed him, which I don't think expected, though he also didn't care. I rolled down my window, and basically said, "What the hell buddy?" and he said, "How about you share the road?!" Trust me, I was beyond...I was just furious at this point. He was some kid in his early 20s, riding a mountain bike acting all cool while I was trying to get answers. I said, "You were coming right at us in OUR lane!" And he was like, "Share the road!" I told him I was going to follow him, and he said, "Go ahead," and my wife was talking but he mumbled something about a 2x4. We were coming up to a highway near our house, but also a bike trail -- which I knew he was going to.

I told him I was calling the cops, and he popped a wheelie and kept riding up in the air smiling, saying, "Go ahead! I'll tell them you weren't sharing the road! Go back to your ****** apartment, and I'll go back to my two story house that I work hard to pay for." This was just weird...he was CLEARLY early 20s, and it was clear he was just some pretentious kid acting all, "You can't do anything because I'm on a bike..." which may not make sense, but I mean, it's not like I could've hit him.

So he drove into the bike trail, and was gone. I still called the police, gave a description, and they came to take my statement. I was so angry, and I've never gone through all this with the police before, so I was just really angry. They took the information and then had a squad car show up at my apartment to take info and look for the guy. He was clearly gone, but they filed the call or charge or whatever as "Mischief"...which basically means that it wasn't us that did it in the eyes of the cops -- even though they didn't have a suspect.

They said they'd drive around and look, but that was basically all they could do. My neighbour came down about 3 minutes after the police left and said he saw it all. It was unfortunate that he didn't make it down while they were there, but I was happy he came down and said he saw the guy hit my car. So he gave us his information, and we went to the station and gave it to them so that the cop that came to take our call could call him. He texted me an hour or so later and said the police had called him, so that made me feel a little better, as witnesses help a great deal to at least show it happened.

So now I'm not sure what'll happen with insurance, or if we'll go through insurance...but I'm still really frustrated at this kid just riding right into us, then causing all this trouble for zero reason. The mirror coming off also scratched the paint on the door, so it's just a whole thing...all because the kid was just some dickish person who has no respect for others.

Sorry, just wanted to vent my frustrating night because there's not much else I can do about it since we have no idea where the kid lives! I'll definitely follow him home and find out if we see him again though.
There were always these idiots doing this crap when I lived in Seattle. Riding bikes and walking in the middle of the road. I finally said screw it, I'm not swerving around them anymore...but before anything happened, someone else hit one of them. Right where they always were right outside of my apartment complex, there was an SUV parked, cop cars, and blood everywhere! The driver was being interviewed and looked calm cool and collected. He'd probably been dealing with the same thing on his daily commute like I had. It's Darwinism IMO, thinning the herd.

They have no fear of getting hit by cars, but the car always wins.

This thread is going faster than I can keep up. If there's a chat, can someone pm me, please.

Very true. I've seen the same mentally with college kids on various campuses. Even had one student I was walking with step in front of a car to cross the street while saying it was their responsibility to stop for her. Legally she may be in the right, but she's putting a lot of faith in a driver and the mechanical integrity of his brakes. I told her if she got hit she could at least claim on her tombstone "I had the right of way".

Very true. I've seen the same mentally with college kids on various campuses. Even had one student I was walking with step in front of a car to cross the street while saying it was their responsibility to stop for her. Legally she may be in the right, but she's putting a lot of faith in a driver and the mechanical integrity of his brakes. I told her if she got hit she could at least claim on her tombstone "I had the right of way".

:lol Perfect!

View attachment 217197

CONTEST - Create a new Horror Movie Icon

In a time where Hollywood lacks ideas and imagination your task is to create a new horror movie icon. Your antagonist can be human/alien/robot/monster/whatever you would like it to be.

Your idea will be judged in the following areas:

1. Character name

2. Origin

3. Appearance
(This requires a brief sketch minimum however it will be judged on concept and originality. It’s not a drawing contest however please feel free to be as creative and artistic as you like).

4. Weapon

5. The victims

6. The name of the movie your character would star in

Each area will be marked out of 10 and the scores will be added up to give an overall mark out of 60. The person with the highest score wins. The prize will be an amazon email voucher.

Rules:

-All entries must be PM’d to me however please share your ideas in the thread too.
-Only one entry per member.

The closing date is at 14:00 GMT Sunday 25th October.

Good luck!
Very cool mate! I'll see what I can throw together.

Here lies Silly Sally.
Dumbest girl in all the valley.
No longer with us today...
...She insisted she had the right of way.

Sorry to hear this GB. Had something like this happen to me a few years ago. Brand new car, had to replace entire back passenger door. Frustrating!

Depending on your insurance, once you get the police report your insurance should pay the majority of the cost and it will fall into their "hit & run" bucket.

Yeah, this car is a year old, so it's frustrating to have it happen. I'm going to find out some prices on Monday of what it'll cost to fix it...it has one of those cameras on it for blind spots, so that'll likely up it some more too. I was trying to talk to the police about the report helping with insurance, but they basically said what mrdbios said here:

That may be true. But I have also heard that making claims against your own insurance MIGHT raise your premium. Depending on what your deductible is it may be cheaper to pay for the repair yourself. Just be sure
To look at your options.

Sucks that it happened to you.

So I'll have to wait and see. And thanks for mentioning it anyway mrd...I'll probably call my insurance and see what they have to say. While the scratch to the paint on the door is a bigger paint due to it being so small (about an inch in length) to the point where it's not like we'd repaint the door for it at the moment...the mirror itself, I can't see being more than a couple of hundred...I hope! So I'm not sure it's worth the risk of raising the premium at all.

That's the worst part of insurance...spend a couple of hundred or whatever it is a month and you basically never call it in because it costs YOU more. Not sure how it's all legal, but alas...

There were always these idiots doing this crap when I lived in Seattle. Riding bikes and walking in the middle of the road. I finally said screw it, I'm not swerving around them anymore...but before anything happened, someone else hit one of them. Right where they always were right outside of my apartment complex, there was an SUV parked, cop cars, and blood everywhere! The driver was being interviewed and looked calm cool and collected. He'd probably been dealing with the same thing on his daily commute like I had. It's Darwinism IMO, thinning the herd.

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking...how dumb is this guy to ride at us? But it's true, they know they can move, and then he just cost us a load of money because he knew the main retalitory thing we could do was basically run him off the road, which would land us in more trouble than anything. It's all on record now with a witness though, so if I do find the kid again, I'll aim to follow him, find out where he lives, and make sure to follow up with police about it. Odds are slim, but I hate that people like that think they'll get away with things...though my wife says eventually acting like that will catch up with them.

Which it would have if Josh had been driving the car, taser in hand! :lol

View attachment 217197

CONTEST - Create a new Horror Movie Icon

In a time where Hollywood lacks ideas and imagination your task is to create a new horror movie icon. Your antagonist can be human/alien/robot/monster/whatever you would like it to be.

Your idea will be judged in the following areas:

1. Character name

2. Origin

3. Appearance
(This requires a brief sketch minimum however it will be judged on concept and originality. It’s not a drawing contest however please feel free to be as creative and artistic as you like).

4. Weapon

5. The victims

6. The name of the movie your character would star in

Each area will be marked out of 10 and the scores will be added up to give an overall mark out of 60. The person with the highest score wins. The prize will be an amazon email voucher.

Rules:

-All entries must be PM’d to me however please share your ideas in the thread too.
-Only one entry per member.

The closing date is at 14:00 GMT Sunday 25th October.

Good luck!

Awesome contest Greygoose! I'll have to get my thinking cap on! :)

Lol, I hate to admit it, but I'm one of those guys. At my university all the kids drive like ****ing psychos and never yield. So I always just go through the crosswalk despite how fast they are going. I've actually been hit by 4 cars in total in my life. I don't think a college student can do much to a 250 pound guy lol.

I do the same with driving. If you don't follow the rules of the road, guess you'll be screwed. Just hit a car 2 months ago because she failed to yield on a green light turning left. I was claimed the victim and all was good. And that's just the latest accident. :lol

Driving just pisses me off in general and makes me cranky lol.

CONTEST ALERT

For a set of 2015 Collection Stash buttons, PM your prediction for a named character death in tonights episode of TWD. You can PM that no one will die as an entry. If there are multiples of the same guess I will randomly pick. It has to be a named character, I will use IMDB as a source. All entries must be received by 8pm central.

Darth Madden’s 2015 SPOOKTACULAR ANSWER THE QUESTIONS CONTEST

I lied... I'm starting this contest now not Monday night. I did this last year but its not going to be quite as crazy or as long this time.

Much as it pains me, I'm going to bow out of this one right now. I know I will not have the time to find all the questions, and frankly with the way work is killing me right now, I know I can't deal with the frustration of feeling stupid because I can't find them all.

Good luck to all who do try!

Mort patch contests will be forthcoming, though I have to say the bulk of them will probably be in Chat.

Lol, I hate to admit it, but I'm one of those guys. At my university all the kids drive like ****ing psychos and never yield. So I always just go through the crosswalk despite how fast they are going. I've actually been hit by 4 cars in total in my life. I don't think a college student can do much to a 250 pound guy lol.

I do the same with driving. If you don't follow the rules of the road, guess you'll be screwed. Just hit a car 2 months ago because she failed to yield on a green light turning left. I was claimed the victim and all was good. And that's just the latest accident. :lol

Driving just pisses me off in general and makes me cranky lol.

What make and color car do you drive and when will you be driving in Los Angeles? :lol

View attachment 217719

54997822.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I love this group of Freaks in this thread.

Back