Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

What a piece of ****. It's too bad he didn't eat **** in front of you. I'd have grabbed the bike and beat him with it.

zod_bike.jpg

54997822.jpg

Man, what a day!

I was riding my bike home through an apartment parking lot, looking forward to some tasty chinese and a romantic comedy, when all the sudden this car starts driving right towards me. I tried to share the road with the dude, but he won't budge and then starts blaring his horn at me. Next thing I know he smacks right into me with his side view mirror, almost scratching my sweet ass bike!

I tried to keep cool and just keep going, but then the psycho actually turns his car around and starts following me. He rolls down his window and starts in on me, but I'm just like "Yo bro, you gotta share the road." He keeps ranting on and on about calling the cops and what not, but I don't need that noise, so I pop a wicked wheelie and head off on the bike trail to get back to my two story house so I can enjoy that romcom and moo shu pork in peace after a hard day of work.

Sorry about all the negative energy from my post, but I just wanted to rant since I don't know which apartment this dude belongs to. Maybe if I see him again I'll remind him to try and share the road next time...

:wink1:

:lol love it

Man, what a day!

I was riding my bike home through an apartment parking lot, looking forward to some tasty chinese and a romantic comedy, when all the sudden this car starts driving right towards me. I tried to share the road with the dude, but he won't budge and then starts blaring his horn at me. Next thing I know he smacks right into me with his side view mirror, almost scratching my sweet ass bike!

I tried to keep cool and just keep going, but then the psycho actually turns his car around and starts following me. He rolls down his window and starts in on me, but I'm just like "Yo bro, you gotta share the road." He keeps ranting on and on about calling the cops and what not, but I don't need that noise, so I pop a wicked wheelie and head off on the bike trail to get back to my two story house so I can enjoy that romcom and moo shu pork in peace after a hard day of work.

Sorry about all the negative energy from my post, but I just wanted to rant since I don't know which apartment this dude belongs to. Maybe if I see him again I'll remind him to try and share the road next time...

I would have picked up my sweet bike and beat his car with it.

Hey Veil, did you get the PM I sent you? :)

Yeah, but I've been putting off replying to the recent messages of people asking for avatars(not meaning to be rude). I've just been trying to take inventory of my time to see if I could get them done. The last four I put up took me about a month to carve out enough time to get them done. I really meant for the avatar thing to be for the people that spend a lot of time in this thread and in chat..... little did I know how much it would take off. I think I have done around 60 of them. 90% were done when I was unemployed... so I had lots of time. Now I have two jobs and another game project going. I really didn't want to exclude anyone, that wasn't my intent. I really wanted everybody to have one, but there were just too many requests. So I think as of now, I'm not doing anymore. Money isn't the issue (please don't offer me money, this project was never about financial gain), it's more about not enough time in the day. It's just spreading me too thin. Sorry man.

Last edited:

Talk about a frustrating night. We went out to rent some horror movies and get a pizza, then JUST as we were turning into our apartment I saw someone riding their bike in the middle of our lane, coming right at us. I asked my wife, "Is he coming at us?" and then it was clear that he was. I slowed and honked, and he stayed REALLY close, moved over slightly then smacked our sideview mirror, busting it off and breaking the mirror.

I pulled around our apartment parking lot and followed him, which I don't think expected, though he also didn't care. I rolled down my window, and basically said, "What the hell buddy?" and he said, "How about you share the road?!" Trust me, I was beyond...I was just furious at this point. He was some kid in his early 20s, riding a mountain bike acting all cool while I was trying to get answers. I said, "You were coming right at us in OUR lane!" And he was like, "Share the road!" I told him I was going to follow him, and he said, "Go ahead," and my wife was talking but he mumbled something about a 2x4. We were coming up to a highway near our house, but also a bike trail -- which I knew he was going to.

I told him I was calling the cops, and he popped a wheelie and kept riding up in the air smiling, saying, "Go ahead! I'll tell them you weren't sharing the road! Go back to your ****** apartment, and I'll go back to my two story house that I work hard to pay for." This was just weird...he was CLEARLY early 20s, and it was clear he was just some pretentious kid acting all, "You can't do anything because I'm on a bike..." which may not make sense, but I mean, it's not like I could've hit him.

So he drove into the bike trail, and was gone. I still called the police, gave a description, and they came to take my statement. I was so angry, and I've never gone through all this with the police before, so I was just really angry. They took the information and then had a squad car show up at my apartment to take info and look for the guy. He was clearly gone, but they filed the call or charge or whatever as "Mischief"...which basically means that it wasn't us that did it in the eyes of the cops -- even though they didn't have a suspect.

They said they'd drive around and look, but that was basically all they could do. My neighbour came down about 3 minutes after the police left and said he saw it all. It was unfortunate that he didn't make it down while they were there, but I was happy he came down and said he saw the guy hit my car. So he gave us his information, and we went to the station and gave it to them so that the cop that came to take our call could call him. He texted me an hour or so later and said the police had called him, so that made me feel a little better, as witnesses help a great deal to at least show it happened.

So now I'm not sure what'll happen with insurance, or if we'll go through insurance...but I'm still really frustrated at this kid just riding right into us, then causing all this trouble for zero reason. The mirror coming off also scratched the paint on the door, so it's just a whole thing...all because the kid was just some dickish person who has no respect for others.

Sorry, just wanted to vent my frustrating night because there's not much else I can do about it since we have no idea where the kid lives! I'll definitely follow him home and find out if we see him again though.

You Canadians are way to nice. I'd have sped up swerved my car in front of him, got out and tasered him, taken his bike and tossed it into a dumpster, tasered him again, and then left.

What a piece of ****. It's too bad he didn't eat **** in front of you. I'd have grabbed the bike and beat him with it.

Yeah, it would've been awesome had that happened, especially since we ended up with a witness after all was said and done. Not that it'll mean anything, but if he had, at least he would've been around to get called on being a little ******...well, after I explained why he had a bike wheel around his neck. :lol

Man, what a day!

Thanks man, this was actually pretty dang funny. I read it out loud to my wife, and actually busted up laughing when I got to the two story house to enjoy your moo shu pork part. :lol

You Canadians are way to nice. I'd have sped up swerved my car in front of him, got out and tasered him, taken his bike and tossed it into a dumpster, tasered him again, and then left.

You need to come visit if I ever find out where this guy lives! :lol

Yeah, it would've been awesome had that happened, especially since we ended up with a witness after all was said and done. Not that it'll mean anything, but if he had, at least he would've been around to get called on being a little ******...well, after I explained why he had a bike wheel around his neck. :lol

Thanks man, this was actually pretty dang funny. I read it out loud to my wife, and actually busted up laughing when I got to the two story house to enjoy your moo shu pork part. :lol

You need to come visit if I ever find out where this guy lives! :lol

Sweet, we can go out and get a couple of Maudites afterwards.

I'm sad you haven't entered yet lol

Yeah, I enjoy reading the stories/experiences of others, but I do have one. This didn't happen to me but my friend's brother...

My friend and her younger brother have come to terms that their parents' home in Glendale is haunted. But many years ago, when they were just kids, the idea that something unseen was in the home with them really bothered them.
One night, her brother had two of his friends stay for a sleepover. Her brother's room was too small to accommodate all three of them, so they slept in the living room. They stayed up until very late and her brother was able to fall asleep fairly easily, but his two friends said to him the next morning that they could not sleep because, "Your sister and her friends were whispering so loudly and constantly laughing all night."
To avoid the risk of losing his friends, he never bothered explaining to them that his sister wasn't home that night and that the room they heard the noises coming from was not her room anyway.
#scaredschitless

Just finished Insidious 3, which was basically one giant jump scare, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was on edge for 80% of it! :lol I LOVED Insidious, though the sequel wasn't as great. I didn't do a marathon of the other films before this one, so that may have helped, and it was almost 2am and totally dark, but yeah, pretty fun/freaky movie!

Demons and possession are definitely scary topics. I haven't been a big fan of the sequels, but the original Paranormal Activity was damn tense -- especially if you allow yourself to get completely sucked into the world. Either way, fun movie #1...now it's on to the remake of Poltergeist! I actually never saw the original...not sure why, I just haven't. So I'm going in blind! I'll report back when it's finished!

Just finished Insidious 3, which was basically one giant jump scare, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was on edge for 80% of it! :lol I LOVED Insidious, though the sequel wasn't as great. I didn't do a marathon of the other films before this one, so that may have helped, and it was almost 2am and totally dark, but yeah, pretty fun/freaky movie!

Demons and possession are definitely scary topics. I haven't been a big fan of the sequels, but the original Paranormal Activity was damn tense -- especially if you allow yourself to get completely sucked into the world. Either way, fun movie #1...now it's on to the remake of Poltergeist! I actually never saw the original...not sure why, I just haven't. So I'm going in blind! I'll report back when it's finished!

I enjoyed Insidious as well. Part 2 not so much. I still have not seen Part 3.
Yes, Paranormal Activity was great! I can still remember when I first saw it. Some of my friends said they couldn't sleep the next couple of nights after they saw it. :lol Each of the sequels just felt like more of the same. Nothing special really and have no interest in watching their latest, PA: The Ghost Dimension.

I enjoyed Insidious as well. Part 2 not so much. I still have not seen Part 3.
Yes, Paranormal Activity was great! I can still remember when I first saw it. Some of my friends said they couldn't sleep the next couple of nights after they saw it. :lol Each of the sequels just felt like more of the same. Nothing special really and have no interest in watching their latest, PA: The Ghost Dimension.

Insidious was just freaky. The jump scare music/sound effects are TOP notch. This installment is probably better if it's been a while since you've seen any previous ones. There are definitely one "sub plot" that tries to connect the movie to the first movie (even though this one takes place a few years before it) which is pretty lame. It's ongoing throughout -- to the point of bashing you over the head with it -- however, aside from that (you'll know what I'm talking about when you see the movie) it's a solid scare flick!

Paranormal was awesome, and yeah, it just kept going downhill. Part two was okay, three was pretty much the exact same movie but with VHS recorders, and then part...four? Was with the girl on her webcam? I dunno, same again...then the Marked Ones TRIED to be different (even though I HATE when found footage movies force the footage to be filmed. One of my biggest pet peeves, as there are so many times when there's NO WAY they'd pick up a camera and record with it...but that's another rant) but failed. That one was just terrible.

Apparently this one will try to give reasoning to how the last one ended...but yeah, it'll be a rental or Netflix when I'm bored. I'm rarely into seeing horror flicks in theaters unless I can all but guarantee a fairly empty theater. I hate when teens go and scream and then laugh about how scared they were for five minutes after. That's the film guy in me. :lol I get that's SORT of the point, but I'd rather just allow myself to be fully engrossed in the movie and the fear within it, which I can't do with people talking all over.

As for the Poltergeist remake I just finished...mleh. This one MAY be one of those...introductory horror movies for kids at their first "scary movie" sleepover. I'm not sure how a younger person (10-12) would view it...they may be scared. But yeah, definitely not for adults, as it feels like there's no real plot...stuff just happens...really cheesy, and then it's done. Not really even worth the time spent on it if it was on Netflix. Again, that's as an adult...kids may find it more fun, er...scary, which is good! They need to start somewhere.

Apparently it's different than the original on some levels, so I may look into watching the original next year around this time!

View attachment 217197

CONTEST - Create a new Horror Movie Icon

In a time where Hollywood lacks ideas and imagination your task is to create a new horror movie icon. Your antagonist can be human/alien/robot/monster/whatever you would like it to be.

Your idea will be judged in the following areas:

1. Character name

2. Origin

3. Appearance
(This requires a brief sketch minimum however it will be judged on concept and originality. It’s not a drawing contest however please feel free to be as creative and artistic as you like).

4. Weapon

5. The victims

6. The name of the movie your character would star in

Each area will be marked out of 10 and the scores will be added up to give an overall mark out of 60. The person with the highest score wins. The prize will be an amazon email voucher.

Rules:

-All entries must be PM’d to me however please share your ideas in the thread too.
-Only one entry per member.

The closing date is at 14:00 GMT Sunday 25th October.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Great contest Greygoose! I'll come up with my villain and post it (and my 100 word scary experience) after our camping trip is over. It's too hard with this phone for me to type. Honestly, I see kids who type like lightening on their phones and am impressed. Takes me forever.

Great contest Greygoose! I'll come up with my villain and post it (and my 100 word scary experience) after our camping trip is over. It's too hard with this phone for me to type. Honestly, I see kids who type like lightening on their phones and am impressed. Takes me forever.

I use my phone on a daily basis now due to not having a computer anymore. I waited until I was in work to type my contest post though. :lol

I may extend the date depending on how many people visit the thread this week, it's very slow.

Talk about a frustrating night. We went out to rent some horror movies and get a pizza, then JUST as we were turning into our apartment I saw someone riding their bike in the middle of our lane, coming right at us. I asked my wife, "Is he coming at us?" and then it was clear that he was. I slowed and honked, and he stayed REALLY close, moved over slightly then smacked our sideview mirror, busting it off and breaking the mirror.

I'll definitely follow him home and find out if we see him again though.

Sorry to hear this GB. Had something like this happen to me a few years ago. Brand new car, had to replace entire back passenger door. Frustrating!

Depending on your insurance, once you get the police report your insurance should pay the majority of the cost and it will fall into their "hit & run" bucket.

Sorry to hear this GB. Had something like this happen to me a few years ago. Brand new car, had to replace entire back passenger door. Frustrating!

Depending on your insurance, once you get the police report your insurance should pay the majority of the cost and it will fall into their "hit & run" bucket.

That may be true. But I have also heard that making claims against your own insurance MIGHT raise your premium. Depending on what your deductible is it may be cheaper to pay for the repair yourself. Just be sure
To look at your options.

Sucks that it happened to you.

Back