Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Nice meeting a few of you at Wizard World Tulsa today. I looked for antman for a while as I remember Zod's nephew was going dressed as that. Still cool to put faces to names.

I didn't last long today. My back started acting up. Got to walk around the convention with my nephew for awhile, bought him a light saber for his birthday, then had to go back to the hotel. My nephew had a blast though. He sat in the '66 Batmobile, got some pictures with cosplayers, met a couple artists, and did a little shopping. Not bad for his first con.

I didn't last long today. My back started acting up. Got to walk around the convention with my nephew for awhile, bought him a light saber for his birthday, then had to go back to the hotel. My nephew had a blast though. He sat in the '66 Batmobile, got some pictures with cosplayers, met a couple artists, and did a little shopping. Not bad for his first con.

Sounds like it was a good day for him! Glad he enjoyed it.

Sorry your back started acting up. Hopefully somer rest will get you up and running tomorrow, and ultimately build up some strength for you.

After I get the other half of the rhizotomy done I should be good for awhile. This is just the awkward stage in between procedures that sucks.

It was cool seeing the convention through his eyes for the first time. When we walked in I though his head was going to explode. :lol

At first I thought you meant you saw Tricia Helfer, and had a little "accident". :lol

Sorry to hear about your back... That sucks. It kinda ruins the fun when you're in pain...

:lol I don't think I'd last long in that respect either. She is still a knock-out.

I need to take my son to the convention in Nashville soon. Been wanting to, but always seem to have something else going on during the same weekend.

I'm going back tomorrow if you need me to pick something up for you that you saw today. Hate to hear about the back trouble. Why the hell didn't nature design then better? Lol

Those lightsaber are awesome. I'd really like to get one and mount it on the wall next to my wall poster.

:lol I don't think I'd last long in that respect either. She is still a knock-out.
I bet. I didn't see her, but I did see Katee Sackhoff. She wasn't wearing a bra either, which was very nice of her... I didn't meet her, but I got pretty close and took MANY pictures (perhaps too many, cuz I think she eventually glared at me, as if I was paparazzi, so that's when I stopped). I just like to have an assortment of pictures, then delete the worst shots. But I like to have at least a dozen good ones... I probably took 3 dozen pictures...

anmI8Lf.jpg

I hope Zod doesn't mind me borrowing his gif...

CONTEST TIME!!! I was inspired by the "guess how many blu-rays I own" contest, so I am doing something similar... I own a LOT of movies. Many on DVD, many on blu-ray, and some on HD-DVD. I have many of the blu-rays logged on blu-ray.com:
Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray collection

I have NOT entered all of my collection on that website. However, I also use an app on my phone, where I scan in movies I own. I have NOT scanned in everything I own into the app yet. The app includes DVD, BD, and HD-DVD, and IF I entered in everything I own, it would probably be around 4000 titles... So that's your range. My question is, how many titles does my app say I own? I will take a screenshot now so it is locked in.

Everybody gets ONE guess. Please POST your guess here by 10pm CST tomorrow (Sunday 10/25). Do not PM me, cuz my mailbox can't handle it. CLOSEST GUESS WINS! It's OK if you go over, but in the case of a tie, the person with the lower guess will win.

Winner gets their choice of ONE of the following Blu-rays, shipped 1st class on Monday, so you should be able to watch it before Halloween, unless you are overseas. If you are outside of the US, I will cover only $3 toward shipping. You must pay the rest.

Here are the prize choices (note that 3 titles are NEW/SEALED, except for the original Friday the 13th which is used, but the disc is in perfect condition)
View attachment 219217

I will have at least 3 more contests, and may find other BD or DVD options. This is all I found so far...

anmI8Lf.jpg

CONTEST TIME!!! I was inspired by the "guess how many blu-rays I own" contest, so I am doing something similar... I own a LOT of movies. Many on DVD, many on blu-ray, and some on HD-DVD. I have many of the blu-rays logged on blu-ray.com:

I have NOT entered all of my collection on that website. However, I also use an app on my phone, where I scan in movies I own. I have NOT scanned in everything I own into the app yet. The app includes DVD, BD, and HD-DVD, and IF I entered in everything I own, it would probably be around 4000 titles... So that's your range. My question is, how many titles does my app say I own? I will take a screenshot now so it is locked in.

Everybody gets ONE guess. Please POST your guess here by 10pm CST tomorrow (Sunday 10/25). Do not PM me, cuz my mailbox can't handle it. CLOSEST GUESS WINS! It's OK if you go over, but in the case of a tie, the person with the lower guess will win.

Winner gets their choice of ONE of the following Blu-rays, shipped 1st class on Monday, so you should be able to watch it before Halloween, unless you are overseas. If you are outside of the US, I will cover only $3 toward shipping. You must pay the rest.

Here are the prize choices (note that 3 titles are NEW/SEALED, except for the original Friday the 13th which is used, but the disc is in perfect condition)
View attachment 219217

I will have at least 3 more contests, and may find other BD or DVD options. This is all I found so far...

Guess = 3854

I'm going back tomorrow if you need me to pick something up for you that you saw today. Hate to hear about the back trouble. Why the hell didn't nature design then better? Lol

Those lightsaber are awesome. I'd really like to get one and mount it on the wall next to my wall poster.

Thanks. I'm going back for a little while tomorrow. Pretty much just to do one more walk through to see if I missed anything from the vendors and my wife wants to get a couple prints before we drive home. I'll probably stroll past Tricia Helfer's booth one last time as well.

anmI8Lf.jpg

View attachment 219217

2855 is my guess.

Last edited:

anmI8Lf.jpg

3042 would be my guess.

Thanks. I'm going back for a little while tomorrow. Pretty much just to do one more walk through to see if I missed anything from the vendors and my wife wants to get a couple prints before we drive home. I'll probably stroll past Tricia Helfer's booth one last time as well.

Nice. Well let me know if you have time to say hi. Ill be in my '14 CC Villain shirt and Captain America blue hat. :)

anmI8Lf.jpg

View attachment 219217

My guess is 1

i3IfafU.gif

Reaction I have to working hours on a project, and having photoshop lock up on me. Without saving. Dumb rookie mistake. I haven't been on that much because of my schedule.... Hopefully it will clear up a bit next week.

Back