Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason trivia time. If you are my Facebook friend, you might already know these answers, but if not, have fun guessing.

1. Everybody is familiar with the chi-chi-chi-ha-ha-ha sound effect in the F13 moives, but what is it really; how was it made?

2. In what foothills of what county in what state is Crystal Lake located?

3. The hockey mask in part 3 was not a real hockey mask, but was based on one that didn't quite work for the movie. What hockey mask inspired the Jason mask? Bonus points if you can find a picture of it.

So...should I put the axe wound on the head..? Or not?

I mean, the head already is ____ed. And I was never going to sell him....so should I attempt this crazy feat?

Someone think for me!!! :gahh:

I say do it, CelticP.

Here's some motivation for you.

ExModNewFleshCrown.jpg

FrontComparison.jpg

"Kill for mommy, Jason" on a synthesizer repeat...

Close and on the right track.

Music composer Harry Manfredini was inspired by Pamela's repeated "Kill her, mommy" line and took the "Ki" from kill and "Mo" from mommy and spoke them sharply into a mic and synthesized the echo effect. What you hear is actually his 'voice'. Ki-ki-ki_Mo-mo-mo!

Going back to the hockey mask, I always thought there were some hockey masks that actually looked like it. I tried forever to find something that was similar and never could. Years later I found out they made it just for the movie...<sigh>

Interested in hearing the answers to those questions.

True, the masks in the movie were custom made for Jason, but there is a mask that basically had the same eye holes and hole pattern as Jason's mask. The director wanted to use it, but it was too small and oddly shaped. One early Jason mask was based on this mask, and seven other masks that appear in the movie were further modified versions.

Here's a clue: You can find replicas of the mask that inspired Jason's mask on eBay right now, and it has the straps for the cheek snaps on it.

I'd ask this as a question, but by asking you'd probably guess correctly, so here is a Jason trivia fact:

Though many people believe that the original Jason mask from Part 3 was used in part 4 and 5, it was not. The screen used mask from part 3 was hung outside somebody's office and deteriorated in the sun being that it was cheap plastic. The other franchise masks are from the same mold, but are not the same mask.

Jason trivia time.
3. The hockey mask in part 3 was not a real hockey mask, but was based on one that didn't quite work for the movie. What hockey mask inspired the Jason mask? Bonus points if you can find a picture of it.

I always thought there were some hockey masks that actually looked like it. I tried forever to find something that was similar and never could. Years later I found out they made it just for the movie...<sigh>

Interested in hearing the answers to those questions.

True, the masks in the movie were custom made for Jason, but there is a mask that basically had the same eye holes and hole pattern as Jason's mask. The director wanted to use it, but it was too small and oddly shaped. One early Jason mask was based on this mask, and seven other masks that appear in the movie were further modified versions.

Here's a clue: You can find replicas of the mask that inspired Jason's mask on eBay right now, and it has the straps for the cheek snaps on it.

Okay, I'll give you the answer to #3.

It was a Fibrosport Goalie mask made by Jacques Plante in Canada. There were a few variants.

0000plante4.jpg

Here's an actual used one, and you can see that it was made of fiberglass.

Imgp7791.jpg

It came with a five point strap harness and a pad in the back. This next one looks to be a more refined, possibly later version, but is closest to Jason's mask.

050.jpg

As you can see, the eyes, holes, and straps are all very Jason, but the shape of it and outer edge are pretty different from what would end up Jason's face.

Last edited:
Back