FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if the line crashed and burned tomorrow, I can't imagine selling the ones I do have off. They are just too beautiful.

I love these figures so much.

I hope they make the rest of them but if they don't, I'm very happy that I have some at all.

I feel the same way. I love the ones I have and wouldn't sell them if they don't make anymore. I'll feel terrible if they don't, but at least I'll have these.

I'll still holding out hope!

Even if the line crashed and burned tomorrow, I can't imagine selling the ones I do have off. They are just too beautiful.

Could not agree more with these sentiments. The tailoring, detailing and accessories kick so much ass compared to the SS Star Wars line IMO (and I collect most of those too...)

I love the 6 LOTR figs we have so far and can't wait for GTG and (hopefully) a couple more announcements right around the corner...

:rock

Could not agree more with these sentiments. The tailoring, detailing and accessories kick so much ass compared to the SS Star Wars line IMO (and I collect most of those too...)

I love the 6 LOTR figs we have so far and can't wait for GTG and (hopefully) a couple more announcements right around the corner...

:rock

Me too! Hopefully they'll squeeze something inbetween all this Star Wars stuff. Not that I don't like that too. :D

I just snagged a FREE Frodo and Sam exclusive from my SDCC gift cards. I had a $100 one so I got Frodo and a Buck and my brother got a $75 so Sam got ordered on his account. :rock

What is even better is I had to originally cancel these guys because of the flood of stuff a month or two ago, so this turned out great for me! :D

Nice. These are really nice figures, overall. Too bad they didn't sell better.

Well I'm sure there were many like me in the same position. There were the SDCC exclusives, Shaun and Ed, and the Babysitter in addition to these ALL shipping around the same time. With LotR's track record of having exclusives available after they come in stock, I took the chance and cancelled Sam and Frodo since Shaun and Ed were limited to only 350 each. I figured fewer (if any) of them would be available later. Guess now it didn't matter, but I did save more this way.

Either way, I'm glad to have a complete LotR 12" collection again! :rock

Well my brother got Sam today. My Frodo still "shipping soon" now for three days or so. I think that Buck is holding him up because it just says "processing." :(

Anyway, I've got a question. Are the stands really just too tall for them to go around the Hobbits' waist or did I get an error of some sort? If not, that just seems like a poor mishap. I mean even at his armpits he is levatating a bit. :eek:

But Holy Crap is Sam's headsculpt and paint amazing! It looks and feels like a Hot Toys figure!

Last edited:
No. The stands are fine. Just remove their coats and make sure the C ring is snug in their armpits. Their feet touch the stand-no problem.

No. The stands are fine. Just remove their coats and make sure the C ring is snug in their armpits. Their feet touch the stand-no problem.

But they do go all the way up to the armpits and not around the waist like a normal SS figure? Basically, they didn't bother to shrink the stand down?

I'm not sure if I'd say the stands are "fine" (they're really pushing the edge of being totally inappropriate for this size of figure) but they're usable. You can also just take out the metal prongs and lean them up against the black plastic sheath. That works pretty well.

I'm not sure if I'd say the stands are "fine" (they're really pushing the edge of being totally inappropriate for this size of figure) but they're usable. You can also just take out the metal prongs and lean them up against the black plastic sheath. That works pretty well.

Even if they had shrunk down the metal prongs a few inches, they would work just fine. I swear I have one that is really short around somewhere, I don't know why they wouldn't have used that shorter one.

Even if they had shrunk down the metal prongs a few inches, they would work just fine. I swear I have one that is really short around somewhere, I don't know why they wouldn't have used that shorter one.

Most likely its from Hot Toys stand - the metal prongs on their stands are shorter. Or I think the Army of Darkness stands may have been shorter too.....

Can you cut it down a bit?

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

The day they announce the final member of the Fellowship, I'll go back and buy all of the rest. But I don't want--and won't invest in--an incomplete set. I have seen them and they look great (Frodo and Sam in particular have awesome costume detailing) and would love to have them on display. I missed out on a full set of busts and statues from the SS/W days, and they will never make all nine as PFs. So this is pretty much my one shot at getting a full set of them, and I will continue to wait.

Kind of a Catch 22. People won't get into the figures until they see the whole Fellowship, but the Fellowship won't get made because people aren't buying the figures.

Ah well - bring on the Reservoir Dogs...

Back