FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Kizzy.

The joints can get looser over time. If it gets really bad you can look in the customs section of this board for some advice on attempting a fix yourself.

Hopefully this line can squeak out at least Gimli, Merry & Pippin. I don't know how soon Sideshow would want to release the last 2 hobbits as the first 2 haven't sold out yet. Maybe a Gimli then Saruman and then M&P?

thanks for the advice. it's a bummer that they et looser. it's only really the waist jonts that are a problem the rest doesn't seem too bad and I just have to be careful. hopefully they will fix this if they do Merry and Pippin.

I did the Hot Toys swap and it worked perfectly. Lucky I have enough HT figures to do all the Hobbits when they arrive.

Cool! But I only have the one HT Pred so only one stand... looks like one of the hobbitses stands is still due to face the hacksaw!

I know the stands can tuck under the armpits but they look like they're standing to attention all the time... doesnt leave any flexibilty for action poses where they might need a slight bend at the knee etc etc

Simply insert the wire part of the stand "backwards", so that the clamp is facing away from the figure. Then pose your figure on the base and slightly lean him back against the stand. It will hold fine and won't have that ugly clamp around the waist or chest. Won't ruin the look.

That's what I've done for all of my Sideshow figures. Have yet to get a shelf diver.

If you're inserting the wire part backwards, there's no point in the wire being in there at all, is there? For the hobbits I did what you describe, but just leaned them up against the black plastic sheath that the wire goes in. The reason this makes a difference is that if you put it in backwards you'll have it hanging out the back of the stand, which would interfere with putting other figures back there.

Doesn't sound safe enough for me! Anyway I did the same as LordAzrael and pinched the metal prongs / pincers from my HT Pred and it's much more suitable. I didn't like how short the stand for the Pred was considering it's meant to hold up a £100+ figure - so its a win-win situation! Just need to get another HT stand off eBay and fingers crossed that Sideshow correct the issue when (note: i said WHEN not IF - Sideshow are you listening :D) they make Merry & Pippin.

Took some pics on my crappy mobile cam:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Thanks pix and coco!

"May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out"

watermark.php

Last edited:
If you're inserting the wire part backwards, there's no point in the wire being in there at all, is there? For the hobbits I did what you describe, but just leaned them up against the black plastic sheath that the wire goes in. The reason this makes a difference is that if you put it in backwards you'll have it hanging out the back of the stand, which would interfere with putting other figures back there.

I can understand if you've got figures right behind the other but in my case, I allow some space between the "rows", so having the "clamp" part towards the back doesn't create a problem for me.

I just don't like how the clamp looks when it's grabbing the figure across the chest or waist. So I never use it that way.

By the way, great shots, Karaduin!

Borrowed the camera from work and had some free time this weekend (for a change!)

Sam asks Frodo if he would like to taste some of his spicy sausage....
watermark.php

Caught in the rain

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Catch it Mr Frodo!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Lovin these lil hobbitses! :D

Lines from Clerks 2 spring to mind :lol

.... but seriously the whole Sam climbing Brokeback Mountain to get Frodo up the Crack of Doom thing is just dumb. It's meant to be a strong display of friendship during a perilous journey. If anyone was to go on a similar journey with their most best and trusted friend there would probably be some "I love ya buddy" moments. Because of the setting it does come across a bit :banana

Lines from Clerks 2 spring to mind :lol

.... but seriously the whole Sam climbing Brokeback Mountain to get Frodo up the Crack of Doom thing is just dumb. It's meant to be a strong display of friendship during a perilous journey. If anyone was to go on a similar journey with their most best and trusted friend there would probably be some "I love ya buddy" moments. Because of the setting it does come across a bit :banana

I know man, but it's still funny to "crack" some jokes about it sometimes.:D

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Oh and by the way.

DISCLAIMER:

Do not attempt to use ipod headphones as 'real elvish rope' to scale a real cliffside. You will fall into shadow...

Don't want Apple Corp suing my ass :lol:duh

Back