FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, I think part of the reason they didn't sell out wasn't just that they were $70 figures--it's that there were two of them, and at the same time. That's a pretty tough buy, and probably made people take longer to decide. If it had been just one at a time, maybe they would have sold quicker. But two in one gulp? That's a hard swallow.

Back to the figures, I really love them. I'll display them with their hobbit cloaks though; I always display my figures in their own gear as they left Rivendell. It's the only time the whole Fellowship is together, and if I'm gonna display them together, I want them to look as they were together.

And I don't have an Elven cloak for Aragorn. :rolleyes:

Pre-ordering through Sideshow costs absolutely nothing, so if any collector was even remotely interested in any of these figuers, they would simply pre-order and then decide many many months later if they can:

a) afford it/them and go through with the order.

b) cancel and purchase from an online shop for some savings.

c) cancel and simply skip the hobbit(s).

To be honest, I am really surprised that it is taking so long to sell out these hobbits. From the reaction from the fans at the SDCC, these were one of the top pieces displayed by Sideshow and definitely some of the most wanted by the collectors. Regardless of the arguments regarding the justified price point, I truly feel that the price has been a significant factor in the sell-out delay.

The Witchking got dispatched by that same woman, and he broke Gandalf's staff. What does that say about Gandalf?

Merry helped though. Not to take away from Eowyn and her accomplishments but it was rather a string of luck/convience that helped her destroy the Witchking (of course that's more evident in the books).

But yeah, as Cap. said Middle Earth is a pit o whimps. :lol:lol

Merry helped though. Not to take away from Eowyn and her accomplishments but it was rather a string of luck/convience that helped her destroy the Witchking (of course that's more evident in the books).

But yeah, as Cap. said Middle Earth is a pit o whimps. :lol:lol

Don't apply logic when I am trying to break Faramir's spirit.:monkey5

Well there are only 40 or 50 left of each one anyway. They'll be gone by tonight.

I just can't wait for them though. The cool thing is that it makes the collection seem a lot different. Different sized figures really add a lot, like Jabba did for Star Wars. I'm loving how these look.

Yay! Good for you Bannister you did it! That just makes me so happy for you! Isn't that great! Oh I mean or should I say that poor Faramir guy will just--I mean, I'll just--um, well . . .

psst! What would somebody say if their spirit was broken? I can't think of anything!

And the Persian hordes are crushed by the might of our reason and justice.:viking:viking:viking Death to King Chicken Little!!!

kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif
kurganiconanib.gif

Back