FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since when has MR been about about low edition sizes. In the beginning maybe, but not anymore. The only reason anything from MR has a low es now is because the **** won't sell otherwise.

Just a correction, the Darth Vader ANH had a whopping ES of 7500! MR's final few sabers are capped at 1500, which is quite low compared to the pre-ROTS average of 2500-3000 pieces. Demand for props has just fallen overall, even with the lower edition sizes.

Sideshow, however, with its bigger market has run into the risk of overproducing certain figures like QGJ, Bib, etc.

So who really thinks these will ship in Q1 of 2008?!? That would be only 6 months and completely unheard of for a LOTR figure.

And one more thought about the whole raising prices thing. It was said earlier that raising prices will push collectors out. And I can definitely agree with this sentiment, but I have faith that the increases in price are directly related to the increased costs of manufacturing and producing these figure... heck even getting them delivered from overseas probably costs 2x what it did 5 years ago. It is unfortunate that the prices increase and as they do the number of collectors will get smaller. However, I prefer quality in my figures, so if it means I pay extra and that less of a figure are produced I'm still happy knowing that I'm getting the best product available.

I think what we are seeing is part of the ebb and flow of the collectibles market. 1/6 figures were really hot for awhile, but as the market continues to cool we'll see less companies making figures and those that remain will be producing the higher quality and more expensive stuff.

Kinda like what happened with the 6"-8" figures, you really don't see much of those anymore.

Well, Q1 does cover Jan-March. Would be 7 months if they shipped in March. Plus if they've been working on these for a while now they could come quicker than the past figures.

Well, Q1 does cover Jan-March. Would be 7 months if they shipped in March. Plus if they've been working on these for a while now they could come quicker than the past figures.

Let's just hope that this is part of getting these great figures into our grubby little hands a little sooner than has been the lot so far.

Man all I hope is that they don't get delayed too much. Lately it's been pretty common for Sideshow to do that; who knows if that'll just continue. As long as we don't have to wait forever to get them, I'm cool. :cool:

Just a correction, the Darth Vader ANH had a whopping ES of 7500! MR's final few sabers are capped at 1500, which is quite low compared to the pre-ROTS average of 2500-3000 pieces. Demand for props has just fallen overall, even with the lower edition sizes.

Sideshow, however, with its bigger market has run into the risk of overproducing certain figures like QGJ, Bib, etc.

But did they actually make 7500 of them?

I expect a few delays in their production; inevitably there's gonna be something that gets things backed up. Now, whether we get 3 to 4 announcements in between I can't say, though I really, really doubt it. One, sure, two, maybe, but we'll see. Nonetheless, it would probably help the line to have another figure announced in the very near future; it would certainly quell some fears and doubts if there were 3 or even 4 figures on pre-order. As it is, it's nice to have two coming again.

I could see 2-3.

2 seems more realistic:

Gandalf in October/November...

Then Gimli in January/February.

And for me, the Fellowship would be complete.

I really want these two, but I'd be just as happy to see Ringwraithes or Saruman or Lurtz...

My favorite would be Gothmog. I know he's not a big favorite, don't know why, but if they ever made him...well, like Captain Faramir with Faramir, I'd be in heaven.

That would be about right. Assuming this body can be used for Gimli easily enough. Though, I still need Merry & Pippin to complete the Fellowship.

2 seems more realistic:

Gandalf in October/November...

Then Gimli in January/February.

And for me, the Fellowship would be complete.

I really want these two, but I'd be just as happy to see Ringwraithes or Saruman or Lurtz...

My favorite would be Gothmog. I know he's not a big favorite, don't know why, but if they ever made him...well, like Captain Faramir with Faramir, I'd be in heaven.

That's totally cool. For all the main characters we get, it's nice to have others that add depth to the story and the line. There are a few non-Fellowship characters that are just as important to the story--Faramir, Saruman, Eowyn, Gollum, etc. They really add to the feeling of LOTR and would certainly add variety to the display. I'd really like a variety of races--men, elves, hobbits, wizards, and also female characters. I really want this line to grow beyond just the Fellowship.

Back