FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is allowed to post in this thread until we got some hard news.I have spoken!!

Cause i can't take looking at this thread anymore hoping it was bumped for release news and then nothing:mad::eek:.

I would hope. I mean these where announced last SDCC. I don't recall too many 1:6th figures taking a full year.

There are a few of factors that could prolong their shipping.

1. New base body, so there could be production issues just in manufacturing the generic body, let alone the whole figure.

2. Elaborate tailoring, the LOTR figures have all taken a good while to ship.

I'm sure they'll be soon and hopefully will end up like some of the delayed figures that have been amazing, like Boushh.

1. New base body, so there could be production issues just in manufacturing the generic body, let alone the whole figure.

I'm sure they'll be soon and hopefully will end up like some of the delayed figures that have been amazing, like Boushh.

As long as Sam and Frodo aren't green I'll be happy :rotfl

I know. I'm just stating I don't recall a 1:6th taking quite so long. Those are all valid and probable reasons as 2 why the delay.

You just failed... :rotfl

Damn!! :banghead:banghead:banghead:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :wacky

I know. I'm just stating I don't recall a 1:6th taking quite so long. Those are all valid and probable reasons as 2 why the delay.

I hear ya. Sarah Connor and Faramir are the only 2 I can think of that there wasn't a public statement regarding delay on, but they took a long while to come out. Surprisingly, Palpatine pack came out a couple weeks after SDCC for order and shipped over a month ago. I think it's just the bodies being new territory, even the heads and attaching them, and the intricacy of the tiny clothes and small accessories. I'm confident that the wait'll pay off though. Other than the new Zombie figure issue, SSC's 1/6 has been going pretty strong in the paint apps department with Bespin Luke, ANH Leia (my only issue being posed eyes but still painted on well), Old Ben, Palpatine, Sidious, Padme (my only issue being posed eyes, still a well painted head) and even Praji is looking good in the paint department, I'm confident in these 2 turning out well and ready to dismiss Faramir as just momentary tragedy in a long chain of growing success.

I hear ya. Sarah Connor and Faramir are the only 2 I can think of that there wasn't a public statement regarding delay on, but they took a long while to come out. Surprisingly, Palpatine pack came out a couple weeks after SDCC for order and shipped over a month ago. I think it's just the bodies being new territory, even the heads and attaching them, and the intricacy of the tiny clothes and small accessories. I'm confident that the wait'll pay off though. Other than the new Zombie figure issue, SSC's 1/6 has been going pretty strong in the paint apps department with Bespin Luke, ANH Leia (my only issue being posed eyes but still painted on well), Old Ben, Palpatine, Sidious, Padme (my only issue being posed eyes, still a well painted head) and even Praji is looking good in the paint department, I'm confident in these 2 turning out well and ready to dismiss Faramir as just momentary tragedy in a long chain of growing success.

Yeah, I figure the bodies are at the heart of the delay and the paint on these will be awesome!

i just hope they are absolutely perfect with no issues what so ever. i cant stress enough how much i need a perfect samwise figure. my favorite character in the whole movie trilogy by far.

Still no update huh? I was hoping the bump in this thread as someone posting a 15-20

I really figured it would be at least a year before the figures were in hand... and at this point that looks to be about right.

Happy? Happy doesn't even begin to describe it, dude . . . :cool:

True that. My ability to forsee emotion lessens over time, once we get even a 20-25 notice, I'll inflate back up again. There's so much to look forward to with these guys; two key characters, new base body, amazing sculpts, very detailed costumes and accessories. As far as looking at them just as figures and not factoring in character at all, these 2 hold the anticipation of HT's Endoskeleton and Powerloader for me, they're just so fresh and something so uniquely done in this type of collectible, I'm really anxious to see how it turns out, and then the wait for the Wizard begins.

I know exactly how happy these are going to make me; the feeling is the same which came with Faramir, though maybe not as long anticipated. These are definitely one of the most exciting releases of the entire year; everything about them is new and exciting. Not only that, it's Frodo and Sam! They're the heart and soul of the whole trilogy, just as LOTR is the heart and soul of my collection. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am to await them now, but once they're on their way? There'll be no end to my happiness!

Back