Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
/\ :hi5: /\

This is definitely one of the best prequels ever because it’s so different than what comes next.

One is allowed to breathe and world build while the other is the fast paced climax.

It compliments and is a near perfect companion piece.

2 amazing quotes that will carry on…

“Question is…do you have it in ya to make it epic.”

“I want them back…I WANT THEM BACK!!!”

Last edited:
IMG_9568.jpeg

Just got out a bit ago.

This is the second best Mad Max i’ve seen! :yess:

Actually liked it quite a lot. More than l was expecting. The action was great, the story was pretty fun and I really liked Hemsworth as the villain, you could tell he was having a blast. ATJ was perfectly cast as well.

Favorite part was the war rig chase with the Dementus deserters - and the CGI use was at its best here.

Things I didn’t like - The CGI it was bad a lot of the times but it wasn’t too distracting once you’re used to it.

I don’t know if this was a CGI issue but the last half of the movie almost seemed like it was on low FPS mode, like “juttering” or missing frames. That *was* very distracting. I didn’t notice that in the first half.

The movie could have been trimmed down a bit, felt like the last chapter stretched on a little long. Doesn’t have the pace Fury Road has.

Overall I’d give it a 7.5-8/10!

Also, maybe I missed this but after Furiosa goes back to the citadel with Temu Max does immortan Joe know she was the little girl that escaped? 🤔
Regarding those jittering frames....there is one part in particular that was used to show Dementous and his .....dementia. It's when they are torturing Furiosa and Jack.

They used that to illustrate his madness I think.
Other than that scene , I didn't notice it anywhere else.

Regarding those jittering frames....there is one part in particular that was used to show Dementous and his .....dementia. It's when they are torturing Furiosa and Jack.

They used that to illustrate his madness I think.
Other than that scene , I didn't notice it anywhere else.
I noticed it during the later action sequences. It really did seem like it was missing frames at times. Just a weird look.

Edit: Was curious and went looking to see if anyone else noticed this and I guess it’s intentional?

I didn’t notice it as much in FR though.

We all knew she'd lose her arm but they still found a way to make it a powerful moment.
At first I was expecting it during an action scene which it did start that way and was disappointed when it didn’t happen during the car chase but thinking about it now it definitely served the world building of Dementus.

/\ :hi5: /\

This is definitely one of the best prequels ever because it’s so different than what comes next.
I think it all comes down to them having written Furiosa prior to writing and filming Fury Road (and why it will be a damn shame if Wasteland doesn't get made since that was ALSO written before Fury Road.) For that reason alone Furiosa side-stepped all the pitfalls of prequels from the PT to Prometheus to even the Hobbit films. Furiosa fits with Fury Road just as well as FOTR and TTT despite Furiosa coming out 9 years after FR. I get the criticisms against the CGI even if I don't agree with them but with regard to syncing with the "canon" of Fury Road, Furiosa is freaking perfect. I don't even mind the ATJ recast because 1. ATJ is a freaking cinematic treasure and 2. She even sounded like Charlize Theron with many of her line readings.

One is allowed to breathe and world build while the other is the fast paced climax.
I do admit to being immediately put off that the movie started with little girls in a garden instead of a chase sequence on the open road. But the slower opening (which did end up being an incredibly tense chase in due time), the chapter breaks, etc., I now consider to be a stroke of genius and even necessary to keep a fifth film in a franchise fresh and interesting and able to stand on its own two legs.

It compliments and is a near perfect companion piece.

2 amazing quotes that will carry on…

“Question is…do you have it in ya to make it epic.”

“I want them back…I WANT THEM BACK!!!”
:exactly::goodpost: :clap

Furiosa fell to 3rd I think a 67% drop

:crying :crying :crying :crying

My heart aches.

It’s only making this movie more epic for me.
Unfortunately, the movie is a victim of what came before it. A wonderfully realized character ruined by the current trend of female hero’s who can’t do anything wrong. Going the way of the cult film. Sucks that a good movie gets no love because of all the crap that came before it. Was it perfect? No, but it was a great ride. Unlike so much other crap, it deserved to make a profit.

Unfortunately, the movie is a victim of what came before it. A wonderfully realized character ruined by the current trend of female hero’s who can’t do anything wrong. Going the way of the cult film. Sucks that a good movie gets no love because of all the crap that came before it. Was it perfect? No, but it was a great ride. Unlike so much other crap, it deserved to make a profit.
1717371048749.gif

I feel like a lot of the issue is Mad Max isn’t as big with modern audiences as some people may perceive it to be. Fury Road was popular but even it didn’t do huge numbers. Factor in that Furiosa is a spinoff and it kind of makes sense that it didn’t do the best numbers.

I feel like a lot of the issue is Mad Max isn’t as big with modern audiences as some people may perceive it to be. Fury Road was popular but even it didn’t do huge numbers. Factor in that Furiosa is a spinoff and it kind of makes sense that it didn’t do the best numbers.
Explain the Marvels then?

Back