Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
p.s. - I burst out laughing when Immortan Joe's sons introduced themselves to Dementus. Those names! Were they in Fury Road and I just didn't notice? The big guy looked familiar but not Scrotus (the guy who played the young Col. Stryker in the X-Men: DOFP & Apocalypse).

He not only played Stryker in X-men, he played Slit in Fury Road as well.

mad-max-fury-road-retaliate-129220.jpg

Didn't Fallout do well? I would have thought that another bloody post-Apocalypse would have been riding some nice synergy with that.
I gave this a spin but found the main characters to be boring, unsympathetic and frankly borderline idiots. People who've never seen any Max films and started on Fallout may have assumed the worst and stayed the hell away from post-apoc alltogether. Also, most people I know tend to pick only one series/movie when there are multiple, similarly themed productions released at the same time.

Last edited:
Well, for one it wasn’t a near 10 year wait for a sequel. The trailers were amazing and the CGI was groundbreaking. Also, the cast was a lot more relevant to what audiences these days want.

Mad Max has always been “cult status” the Dune movies changed the property from “cult status” to mainstream.

The lead up to Dune felt like a blockbuster, Furiosa did not have that effect.

The popcorn bucket too. :lol

(It’s also a MUCH better film :monkey1)
That monkey at the end saved me ALOT of words...

I think it's absolutely the greatest prequel ever made, though really only Rogue One is even in the same ballpark. The young Furiosa actress was amazing and just reinforces for the 500th time how much Lucas screwed up in portraying young Anakin.
It's definitely a contender for best prequel. I'd also place Temple of Doom, Prometheus, Days of Future Past and Prey near the very top (I'm personally not fan of Rogue One). And I sincerely hope you include all three SW prequels when bashing that Darth Vader wannabe misfire...

Last edited:
One thing I'll add that instantly gives this movie an extra half star in the rating is not one single scene of Furiosa jumping up onto some dude's shoulders, wrapping her legs around his neck, and flipping him to the ground. As much fun as it is to imagine myself as the stuntman for those scenes I'm just so freaking sick of seeing that move performed on screen any time a female character fights a man.

And good gosh the beating that an aging and grey Dementus takes at the end while barely flinching, just highlights even more what a p***y they made Indiana Jones by having him knocked into a coma by a single feminine strike, lol.

Was the film suggesting that Rictus Erectus (big guy) is some kind of child molester when he takes little Furiosa from the vault? That's what my girlfriend thought, but I disagree.

I saw that scene as a reference to the Boris Karloff's Frankenstein film, when the monster encounters the little girl and he touches her hair, examines her hands..etc. I think Rictus was just curious because he'd never seen anyone like her before, so it wasn't necessarily with any malicious intent, but I could be totally wrong.

Was the film suggesting that Rictus Erectus (big guy) is some kind of child molester when he takes little Furiosa from the vault? That's what my girlfriend thought, but I disagree.

I saw that scene as a reference to the Boris Karloff's Frankenstein film, when the monster encounters the little girl and he touches her hair, examines her hands..etc. I think Rictus was just curious because he'd never seen anyone like her before, so it wasn't necessarily with any malicious intent, but I could be totally wrong.
I think the fact that one of the first things he did when they were alone was to cut off her chastity belt indicates that your girlfriend is correct.

Why'd he snip off her chastity belt so fast then? If he left that on, I would agree with you.

Wrong lol

Somehow they made the building of the War Rig super epic instead of gratuitous and fan-service-y.

I think it avoided every single pitfall that we are so used to seeing in prequels.

Max's cameo wasn't him mugging for the camera. He had no lines at all and we don't even see his face. He's essentially world building window dressing like that creature outside Jabba's palace that eats the scurrying lizard. Just a fun reminder that there's a lot happening with tons of characters that have their own things going on.

The high-flying motorcycle guys in FR are shown almost solely through Furiosa's telescope when they swarm Dementus' one-eyed henchman.

The future leader of Gastown with the elephant foot is present but we don't see him crowned king of Gastown because it isn't necessary and is totally fine being something that occurs off-screen.

And then of course Furiosa's arm. Despite everybody already knowing that she was going to lose it they still made it one of the most shocking moments in the film.

I'm reminded of little teases in the first couple LOTR movies, like that one brief shot of Gollum spying on the heroes in Moria, or the Oliphants walking past Frodo and Sam, little intros that would have much bigger payoffs in future films. That's exactly what Furiosa did but in reverse.

I still prefer the War Rig in Fury Road. The new chrome one didn't look nearly as badass, although it did have some cool accessories like the crane and spinny death machine at the back.

I was unclear why they made such an effort with that particular War Rig. Chrome embossed art and all the fixin's. What was so important about that rig?

Back