Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...I can see it now. Sideshow does their "normal" job of not making the paint exactly like the prototype (which I have yet to have a problem with). But then, in a coincidence for the ages, it is actually an improvement and comes out looking exactly like the movie...and board members who are hating on the paint right now take credit for the "production change".:lol

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture A-typical Star Wars Freak douchery at it's best! :lol

Look at something like Mezco's Wink figure. It's a little under 10" tall, so it's not exactly the same, but it's got a body that's 100% sculpted, with reasonably good paint and accessories, all for $15. Sure, they probably made more of those than Sideshow is making of the Gamorrean, but it's not a Hasbro toy that they make hundreds of thousands of. And it's not like that line is full of figures using the same parts, either.

That does look cool but with the fact its made in a much higher quantity and materials that aren't quite as good as what we're buying it has to be cheaper.

My interest in this particular figure was limited at best... but I just want to make sure I understand this. it's 120$ for a Rotocast figure with at most 10 points of articulation?

My interest in this particular figure was limited at best... but I just want to make sure I understand this. it's 120$ for a Rotocast figure with at most 10 points of articulation?

Sucks, don't it? I could see buying this if it were $75, tops. I read thru all the previous debates about the re-use of sculpt and production runs, but really this is one of the weakest figures overall that I've seen from SSC. Just a big pass.

Do we know that it's rotocast? It may just be solid plastic like the Wink figure I mentioned (he's quite heavy). Not that it makes that big of a difference in the end.

Do we know that it's rotocast? It may just be solid plastic like the Wink figure I mentioned (he's quite heavy). Not that it makes that big of a difference in the end.

I would guess Rotocast... somewhat similar to how Jabba was made.

Well....just looked at the gallery of this big green guy and...

I gotta let it sink in a bit. Gonna check out some film footage and reference material before I speak too out of turn but....something just look "off" to me with this initial viewing

Looking forward to some display shots of him at SDCC in less "studio" lighting.

Well....just looked at the gallery of this big green guy and...

I gotta let it sink in a bit. Gonna check out some film footage and reference material before I speak too out of turn but....something just look "off" to me with this initial viewing

Looking forward to some display shots of him at SDCC in less "studio" lighting.

Man.. that would be cool is SS brought out the Jabba display for this guy!!

Clearly SSC's mark up is considerable, as is Hot Toys, and all 1/6 companies. I'm an unabashed capitalist, and I feel SSC has the right to charge whatever they want (and they should) but it makes me as a consumer be much more selective in what I purchase. The first year or so I bought just about every figure they made in the SW line. This year I bought three. They could have made the clones much cheaper since the tooling costs are divided up amongst thousands of pulls, and they could have sold many more at a lower price point. The only way to tell SSC that they are charging too much is by not purchasing their products.

Anyone know a company to order this from that has a good cancellation policy? This may be the first figure that I will not order directly from SSC.

I'm still buying (or plan to buy) many of their 1/6 releases, but since I don't have a lot of interest in the clone variations this year has been a bit sparse.

But, some of the figures on the horizon (Yoda, Hammerhead and Dooku) are all definite purchases.

Anyone know a company to order this from that has a good cancellation policy? This may be the first figure that I will not order directly from SSC.

I think BBTS has a zero cancellation fee policy... that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Clearly SSC's mark up is considerable, as is Hot Toys, and all 1/6 companies. I'm an unabashed capitalist, and I feel SSC has the right to charge whatever they want (and they should) but it makes me as a consumer be much more selective in what I purchase. The first year or so I bought just about every figure they made in the SW line. This year I bought three. They could have made the clones much cheaper since the tooling costs are divided up amongst thousands of pulls, and they could have sold many more at a lower price point. The only way to tell SSC that they are charging too much is by not purchasing their products.

Word, I think I bought one figure since SDCC last year, pricing and offerings have all but turned me off of this line. At one point every figure was a must, now Ill wait for someone to sell theres cheaper

Back