GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

Here's another Locke I painted recently...

946a934b.jpg

a12d67e5.jpg

3aaff99e.jpg

5d1713b4.jpg

Last edited:

Hey all, finished the move Mon. and I've restarted the painting efforts Tues. Man, when you're moving it's all like one long day. I still must be recovering because I can't believe it's now Thursday!

Thanks, yeah, this move especially was like a cross between a leg of The Amazing Race and a task on Celebrity Apprentice. :lol

So I guess it wasn't too smooth after all...? Glad to hear it's OVER WITH then. ;)

Here's another Wikus I completed before the move but never got around to posting. I really love working on the alien eyes. I wish it was appropriate to paint them on more sculpts.

748e48ab.jpg

629b15c6.jpg

Amazing repaints, very lifelike.

Here are a pair of Doc Browns I painted recently. The casting (or perhaps recasting) of the eyes on one of them is just an unfriendly, uneven surface. I did my best on the pupils but I think I really found success with the whites.

f1866f22.jpg

67494e89.jpg

e260b2bf.jpg

Here's Marty.
1c82de3b.jpg

1b8a12f7.jpg

And the set. There is a surprising amount of character in these sculpts once painted.
d87749c3.jpg

7f0f8ba8.jpg

Last edited:

And here's Captain Tight Pants!

I painted him up a week ago and he sat on my work table and I thought, there's something missing. I would look at him from time to time and he was just refusing to be interesting. He just sat there. Except his hair. His hair was being interesting. So I scratched my head for a couple days and at the end of it decided to dust off the old pastels (literally) and see what all the fuss is about. I'm pretty happy with the results.

466e8f69.jpg

51b54387.jpg

The above pictures were before I finalized the eyes.
5f2c133c.jpg

bb96a6d3.jpg

ef5d15e1.jpg

Almost all of these guys are a challenge and a half to photograph but there's something about the skin tone of this guy and the subtlety of Trevor's sculpt that the digital camera just doesn't want to capture accurately.

Last edited:

He ain't got time to bleed.

6c07d561.jpg

3ad37d96.jpg

812b9191.jpg

546f32da.jpg

c616faa9.jpg

ffb23d67.jpg

The camo was tricky because it's so light and faint but once I got a handle on it, it was really fun.

I can't say that my lack of photography skills do any sort of justice to GDB's paints... at all. But here's the Mal he painted up for me in context. Needless to say, I'm VERY happy with the results. :chew

100_2350.jpg

100_2345.jpg

100_2339.jpg

Thanks Brent!!! :D

Thank you so much for posting that, Ryan! That outfit you got him is so kick ass! It was my pleasure to work on this wonderful sculpt for you.

And I love how you've got his body language saying the same thing I painted his eyes to say!

lol, it totally fits. There's a lot of subtlety to the sculpt that your paint brought out. :)

Over the weekend I might try to get a few daylight shots. These 'in the basement at midnight' photo shoots aren't doing anyone any justice.

Blain looks perfect GDB, the more i look at it the more i want it!

You should be getting him very soon. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to paint him. :rock I'm looking forward to seeing him all built up.

Back