GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

Great stuff Brent! :D

I'm looking VERY forward to seeing you work your magic on my Desmond, and then my Juliet, and then my Arthur, and then my Cobb, and then.... ;)

Thanks, man! Just an update, got your Desmond today! Beautiful sculpt.

I love Small Studios work, but in my opinion you still have the best Locke. :duff

Brent just showed me the repaint he did for me on my HT vasquez head and was completely blown away! now i can't wait to receive..will show my vasquez once i get.
thanks Brent!

cheers yo!
Miguel T.

I love Small Studios work, but in my opinion you still have the best Locke. :duff

Thanks. I would say my strengths as an artist lie in capturing the "character" of a subject and in organic, lifelike flesh and John Locke has a surplus of both! :lol

He also enjoys a distinction that he shares with Aragorn in that, for whatever reason, they seem to be the paint jobs that my modest digital camera comes closest to capturing what they look like to the human eye.

5852a843.jpg

Brent just showed me the repaint he did for me on my HT vasquez head and was completely blown away! now i can't wait to receive..will show my vasquez once i get.
thanks Brent!

cheers yo!
Miguel T.

It's my pleasure, man! Please do post pics! I would love to see her reunited with her body.

Here she is headless...

28607344.jpg

99c84efb.jpg

Last edited:

This time around Anthony's package got here first. Fickle, unpredictable Canadian Post. :lol

That Vasquez is insane. It's just awesome work. If there was a truetype with a dark enough skin tone, I'd totally be down for that as well.

Finally started going through some old pictures that weren't posted. I'm really happy with Brad Pitt's freckles. Now that I look at him under the microscope of the macro lens, I notice that I could have done a better job delineating the white of of his left eye. Next time.

3d49981f.jpg

fb9a3698.jpg

Here are my Desmonds painted up. I can't say enough about the quality of Nek's sculpts.

d6512b50.jpg

9b0a9357.jpg

d440d612.jpg

a39dcf02.jpg

ed012531.jpg

608f3736.jpg

Looks great Brent! Love the subtle paint difference between the sideburn and scruff. Can't wait to get mine in his body!!!
You just keep getting better and better...

Thanks, guys! The scruffy one is my attempt at giving him a stubble beard for someone. Nek sculpted the beard pretty thick so to go for stubble I had to do a some slight of hand trickery. :naughty

Thanks, man. Yeah, he's a great sculpt full of subtext and character. I almost passed on him for my personal collection just because I was going for a season one motif, but the sculpt is just too dead on to pass up!

Good eye, my friend!

Sometimes you get an itch you have to scratch and for me it was doing up his scar all Marvel Comics, as they used to say. So I have to walk that back. In the meantime, here's the right profile.

bc70f209.jpg

45c98919.jpg

Hey Brent thanks so much for this Vasquez repaint.
sorry for the delay in posting these as i was away..
here are some pics fully built-up. i need to pose her better.:cuckoo:
P8270073_2.jpg
P9150076.jpg

P9150081.jpg

P9150077.jpg
P9150075-1.jpg

P9150080.jpg

P9150085.jpg

Miguel T.

Back