GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

Here's sort of a 2-in-1 John Locke I've been working on. Add the backpack and he's final season. Swap out the backpack for the vest and he's season one. Never could find just the right knife and sheath so he goes without -- which is accurate for the vest and the first few episodes of the final season, yet, sadly, he wore the green shirt for those episodes. I added a "little puffy belly band" that my girlfriend sewed up for me (and named as such) which helps fill out the shirt. I would have liked to have gone bigger but then there were other issues to keep in mind so it was a balance.

6d5afd91.jpg
c9a65b3d.jpg
3fe44e62.jpg

87e6b9b4.jpg
0b22aca2.jpg
13152f09.jpg

ee901226.jpg

My third Indy. Think I'm getting the hang of this guy. Love how they sculpted the scars on his chin.

d21fb9c8.jpg
9cd8173b.jpg

ff3e407d.jpg
1a655782.jpg

65ccfd52.jpg

That's the ROTLA Sideshow Indy?

Looks great!

That Indy looks familiar...hmmmm :whip

Well it should. ;)

I mailed him off today! I'm kinda sad. I try not to get attached to the heads I paint but I really like that one. It has a lot going on. :whip

it sure looks like one, good job on it, what do you charge for paintups?

Thanks! It depends on the complexity of the head. They're usually $60 plus shipping ($5). Blaine is a little more because to get his camo just right I use heavy pastel-shavings applications which just kills a brush. More details are my Official Sales Thread here or PM me. :)

Just put this full John Locke figure from a few days ago in my Official Sales Thread (click here) if anyone is interested.

ee901226.jpg

I was fortunate enough to paint up the Sookie and Eric heads for Warrior's Gate True Blood collection. Check out their thread here if you haven't seen it.

Sean did such a beautiful job sculpting these guys! He really captured the spirit of their characters! Eric has this quite intensity while Sookie has these feminine lines and curves and so much attention was given to sculpting the hair! Simply brilliant!

0d476933.jpg

f4a73a8c.jpg

562498c7.jpg

81aa18ca.jpg

57fa9616.jpg
e92be62a.jpg

And here's what Anna Paquin would look like fighting Aliens.

974645d5.jpg

Here are some eyes (eye brows, moles and a scar) I did for a fellow board member. I don't know much about the heads or who painted them originally but the eyes, etc. are all me. :lol

2524fc6f.jpg

1ce70337.jpg

4ee44080.jpg

1b4ac325.jpg

fbdc6bcf.jpg

29c71980.jpg
50f98299.jpg

07b6ba27.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, that's a bunch of Pacinos and a Deniro alright. I just wish I had a better camera, etc. so I could take better pictures. Seems that every picture either features eyes out of focus or glare obscuring the work or both.

2011 has started out with a flurry of activity! I got new brushes and I've been playing with techniques. I have a bunch of updates to post in the coming days. But for now, here's just a tease:

0f11cb24.jpg

Back