GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

Beeshaw -- I've seen your Locke and he looks fine! But... a season one vest-wearing Locke on one shelf and a season six "I'm sorry you had to see me that way," Locke on another... Just sayin'. ;)

Trust me, I've thought about it! If I could resculpt it to look a little more pissed off ala my avatar I'd be all over it. ;)

Thanks for the reply Brent, just tried to pm you but your inbox is full :lol

Whoops! Sorry about that. PM box open! (Didn't realize there was a "Download as" option before.)

Should have some updates soon! I've noticed that the more heads I'm juggling -- not litterally juggling, of course, although they are the right size for that sort of activity... Anyway -- the more heads I'm working on at once, the faster I am. Working on just one or two leads to down time while the paint dries and down time leads to more down time. While mutiple heads leads to more efficient use of the paint I have to pour out and mix up everytime I want to touch up something.

There's no mail Monday here for President's Day but I will keep my eye out for him!

Here are some Supernatural updates! More Ada heads I believe.

bb8daa49.jpg

82f3d18b.jpg

f8009398.jpg

ed03a6d3.jpg

f777e15c.jpg

Went back to the well for this guy. He's going to eBay. The thing about this sculpt is that it is so lifelike that painting it is flirting with the uncanny valley of realism where you try one thing and suddenly he is so lifelike but then you push it just a little bit and now he looks totally fake and then you have to correct it. I almost swore off painting this sculpt ever again but I have a couple more in the post and about to be posted and we'll see how I feel after that.

527ef613.jpg

ab3c649a.jpg
014d7deb.jpg
a9ce35c0.jpg

Last edited:

Looks fantastic sir!

Email sent. Heads going in the mail tomorrow! Can't wait to see what you'll do to it.

I really love your Locke head. It looks so unbelievably real! Amazing work!

Thanks for the kind words! They are always good to hear.

My Locke will definitely make its way to you eventually - I just have so many unpainted sculpts I have to prioritise. I think Mal & Zoe might be next two off the rank once you get Collateral Vincent done :)

You've enhanced his expression with your paint job. The skintone is perfect.Congrats man ;)

Went back to the well for this guy. He's going to eBay. The thing about this sculpt is that it is so lifelike that painting it is flirting with the uncanny valley of realism where you try one thing and suddenly he is so lifelike but then you push it just a little bit and now he looks totally fake and then you have to correct it. I almost swore off painting this sculpt ever again but I have a couple more in the post and about to be posted and we'll see how I feel after that.

014d7deb.jpg

Thanks Restaurajones! :)

My Locke will definitely make its way to you eventually - I just have so many unpainted sculpts I have to prioritise. I think Mal & Zoe might be next two off the rank once you get Collateral Vincent done :)

Right on! PM sent.

I finally had the chance to get a few pictures of the heads I received from GDB. I recieved my heads on Tuesday but didn't have a chance to get photos till last night (glued heads on neck adaptors and then found out my camera batteries were dead). I didn't fuss a whole lot with poses and I need to do a bit more tailor work with the jackets but this should give you a pretty good idea of what the Winchester heads look like on figures. I have to apologize for the flash in the first picture as it washes out the flesh tones and reflects off the eye gloss. The second picture was taken without flash but of course is a bit too dark. It does give you a much better feel for what the heads look like in normal lighting.

I will get some better photos and upload them this weekend. I was absolutely thrilled when I received these heads in the mail. Brent certainly knows his way around a brush and he turned these heads around in record time. I will definitely be sending more sculpts his way!

Thanks for posting those. I love seeing the heads I work on all built up! It was a pleasure painting those.

Back