GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

Beautiful paint jobs.

Love you Spike and Locke in particular. May I ask what kind of acrylics do you use and do you seal the heads with anything afterwards?

Beautiful paint jobs.

Love you Spike and Locke in particular. May I ask what kind of acrylics do you use and do you seal the heads with anything afterwards?

Thanks for that. I use Rembrandt's Artist Quality and sometimes Liquitex Professional Artist brands paint. I seal them with Testor's DullCoat -- wonderful stuff and the only true matte coat I've seen. And then add highlights as needed with Liquitex Acrylic Medium (varnish) in really glossy (what they call Gloss) and kinda glossy (what they call Matte).

In the mean time here's a "sneak peak" at the second Wikus I've been working on.

6c4dc551.jpg

Pm sent re: another paint up sir! Look forward to seeing what you've got cooking currently! ;)

I've been seeing some of your work on ebay lately & I just wanted to drop in and say how impressed I am by your work. You always really seem to nail the eyes perfectly & that's what really makes a sculpt come to life for me. I see alot of extremely talented painters who get the perfect skintone & shading yet can't get the eyes right. You continue to get better & better each time I see something you painted. Amazing work, man...can't wait to see what you paint next!

Thanks for that, die. That means a lot. I really struggle on those eyes sometimes. The curviture of the paint surface and the small quarters are very unforgiving.

Eh buddy, insane work here.
Are you available for some commission? I will be really interested! =)

Yes I take commissions now. Shoot me a PM with what you need.

I have a bunch of updates coming in the next few days that I have to sort through and upload so bear with me.

First up is the Wikus I painted for Nek74.

41630b31.jpg

971689e1.jpg

a15b9a1f.jpg

6c4dc551.jpg

0ef0e4fb.jpg

I truly enjoyed painting this guy. For a lot of heads, you're lucky if you get a sculpt that beers a resemblance to the character from one angle. But this guy is like a good sculpture in that it evokes a response no matter what angle you approach it from -- and like good sculpture it gives you something different from each point-of-view. You look at him dead on and he gives you one thing. You look at it from the side and you get another thing. You tilt him and you get something different. There's a reason why this piece has to exist in 3-dimentional space instead of 2.

I have a bunch of updates coming in the next few days that I have to sort through and upload so bear with me.

First up is the Wikus I painted for Nek74.

41630b31.jpg

971689e1.jpg

a15b9a1f.jpg

6c4dc551.jpg

0ef0e4fb.jpg

I truly enjoyed painting this guy. For a lot of heads, you're lucky if you get a sculpt that beers a resemblance to the character from one angle. But this guy is like a good sculpture in that it evokes a response no matter what angle you approach it from -- and like good sculpture it gives you something different from each point-of-view. You look at him dead on and he gives you one thing. You look at it from the side and you get another thing. You tilt him and you get something different. There's a reason why this piece has to exist in 3-dimentional space instead of 2.

Simply AMAZING!!!! :rock :rock :rock

Back