General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't forget about him! They'll probably beat JR Smith into shape. :lol.

As for Rose being in the finals, can you imagine if the Bulls amnesty his contract and the Heat picks him as a project? Hope he comes back healthy, but I think he's going to have to change his game up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last thing I'd want to see is another franchise player going to the Heat, the lack of competition in the East is already at an All Time low.

Yeah, but there'll be an influx of talent with this year's draft. But knowing Cleveland, they'll probably draft Embiid who turns out to be a bust. Curse of Lebron. I don't see Indiana improving because they're close to the cap and may lose Stevenson.

Calipari turned down a Cleveland offer for 10 years @ $80million, team President title and coach :lol That franchise is doomed worse than the Knicks.

The draft may bring talent but it will take years to mature and Lebron will continue to steam roll through the East.

Calipari turned down a Cleveland offer for 10 years @ $80million, team President title and coach :lol That franchise is doomed worse than the Knicks.

The draft may bring talent but it will take years to mature and Lebron will continue to steam roll through the East.

True. Unless all the visiting arenas start cutting out the AC and jacking up the heating for all the Heat games. :lol

If the Bucks draft Wiggins, I can see him developing his game naturally without too much scrutiny. Parker I can see being a good fit with Phili.

True. Unless all the visiting arenas start cutting out the AC and jacking up the heating for all the Heat games. :lol

If the Bucks draft Wiggins, I can see him developing his game naturally without too much scrutiny. Parker I can see being a good fit with Phili.

:rotfl :goodpost:

On a side note, D Fish gets a $4 million raise to do something he has never done before. Must be nice!

So are they going to do the every other game thing like last year? Interesting series so far, Spurs really didn't play well at home but open a full 6 pack of whoop a-- on the road. Don't know what to think.

Spurs play better when their back is up against a wall, I feel like they are much more focused on the road. When they play at home, it seems like they expect teams to roll over which clearly they do not. I see that a lot in great experienced teams like Kobe's Lakers during their heyday and this Heat team too. Something about having everyone against you psyches up these pros...

Go Spurs Go!

As a fan I think the most important thing about this Spurs team this year is they seem really focused mentally. I see a drive in them like I haven't seen before.

Don't know about that but clearly LeBron needs even more help. Guy can't do it all by himself.

heh.

I had posted previously that there was no way the Spurs shoot 14 of 16 in the fourth again...but there's no need to when you shoot 76% in the first half.

I agree with Shatterer, looks like these two teams will be alternating wins again.

Interesting point from a Grantland article (prior to last night's game, of course):

Dating from the 2011-12 season, up to and including last night’s Game 2, the Heat and the Spurs have played 14 games. In those 14 games, the Heat have scored a total of 1,385 points and the Spurs have scored 1,386 points. That — in the most simplistic, reductive of terms — is the minuscule margin between these two teams over the past three full seasons. One point.

Last night was an aberration. The spurs at one point were 19 for 21. That's only 98% from the field. The heat shot well over 50% and were 45% from 3 and were down double digits. Leonard and Green were 11 for 12 on CONTESTED shots. It was a fluke half. The heat played poorly on defense which is highly unusual for them AND LBJ had 7TOs. SEVEN.

Yeah.. About those 7 TOs. Last night Lebron's turnovers hurt the heat more than his scoring helped. They were able to cut the lead to 7 I believe with him on the bench. Right then we saw the difference between Spo and Pop. Spo put him back in and the comeback stalled. He was holding the ball too long and overthinking each possession. Pop would have left his star on the bench and road with the 2nd unit if they were getting the job done.

Last night was an aberration. The spurs at one point were 19 for 21. That's only 98% from the field. The heat shot well over 50% and were 45% from 3 and were down double digits. Leonard and Green were 11 for 12 on CONTESTED shots. It was a fluke half. The heat played poorly on defense which is highly unusual for them AND LBJ had 7TOs. SEVEN.

It was out of the norm for any team. Let's give credit where it due though. You gotta take shots to make shots. They did that and it worked. If a team is rolling like that it doesn't matter what kind if D you're playing.

Yeah.. About those 7 TOs. Last night Lebron's turnovers hurt the heat more than his scoring helped. They were able to cut the lead to 7 I believe with him on the bench. Right then we saw the difference between Spo and Pop. Spo put him back in and the comeback stalled. He was holding the ball too long and overthinking each possession. Pop would have left his star on the bench and road with the 2nd unit if they were getting the job done.

Two things that pissed me off when I coach basketball is careless turnovers and missed free throws. Both can come back to bite you big time and 7 of them for. James didn't help last night just like 4 straight missed FT killed the Spurs in game 2. As far as leaving your star out. I think Pop might have waited a little longer but he would have put him back in. Especially a player like James. Jackson did that with Jordan in the 92 Finals. Jordan came out awful so Phil pulled him and sat him for a bit because they were playing better but after a little bit he knew Jordan was ready. It's about timing in these types of things I think.

You're going to be so mad if they don't 3peat :lol

You're going to be so mad if they don't 3peat :lol

I don't know about mad. Disappointed? Sure. Sad? Probably. The fact is I love the Heat. Been a fan since the teams inception in 88. I remember arguing with friends of mine who were huge bulls fans about how they could root for another city's team when Miami had a new one. Anyway… so any reaction to the Heat not winning has less to do with threepeating or anything other than simply wanting my team to win. That said… if they lose Im not going to hold my held low… because they've been to the finals four straight years and won twice. Thats a success to me. I would've taken that deal if it had been offered to me at the inception of the big three era. I also think we will be right there next year once we retool a bit. Chalmers needless to say has to go.

How to be so invested in a team & not feel a bit mad when falling short? I don't know. Maybe that would be my reaction.

I like LeBron, & whoever wins, the other team doesn't really have anything to be ashamed of.

I think it took me a few years to really appreciate the Duncan era Spurs. Sorry Spurs. I know now. Boss team.

Back