General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get too invested at times in my teams. Sometimes it makes it to where I don't watch them. So it's a balancing act for me.

Well I went overbalanced for my team...The Spurs. This is only place I can really vent. I am cancelling Sinestro and Captain America because I took my wife to game 1 of the Finals. tickets were like 1k each for mid level. totally worth it imo.

2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

It's funny how the a article says that James will just look to make the lost money from other deals. Great for him but that model won't work for Anderson or Haslem and to a lesser extent Bosh. It's gonna be hard to sell people on making little money so that the organization can continue to win championships. That said, they can end up having an awesome starting 5 and no bench.

I would LOVE, repeat LOVE for 'melo to go to the Heat. The guy is an absolute cancer and no way would he be happy sharing the rock and spotlight with LeBron. That would be the worst thing that could happen to that team.

I would LOVE, repeat LOVE for 'melo to go to the Heat. The guy is an absolute cancer and no way would he be happy sharing the rock and spotlight with LeBron. That would be the worst thing that could happen to that team.
Ain't that the truth.

It would be the worst thing that could happen to the NBA.

The only way I see Carmelo going to Miami is if Lebron or Bosh leaves. As athletes in their primes, Bosh and Lebron should be looking to get as money as they can because you never know what can happen. They sacrificed a lot of money for the chance at winning championships, which they've done. But with potentially one last big long term contract that they can get, you'd think they be looking to get theirs. Especially in the case with Bosh. As much success he's had with the Heat, I think going there probably hurt his earning power should he leave for another team.

With Lebron, I could see him leaving for another challenge like Cleveland or the Knicks provided those teams have good pieces for a foundation. But he has such a good thing going in Miami, and I think it's about building up his legacy to potentially being the g.o.a.t. at this point in his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosh is on record saying that he wants to stay in Miami even if it means a pay cut. And the whole purpose of the rumor is because Bron and Melo want to play together. So it makes no sense to argue that the 'only' way melo goes to heat is if bosh or bron leave.

There is less than a 1% chance this happens but if it does this is bad for the nba. As I saw someone say you might as well contract most of the league and just make a half dozen super teams. People will quit watching in drives if they feel it's rigged against them.

Ok, but with Wade, Bron, Bosh, Melo, how would that work fiscally though? Would the players union endorse its highly regarded members taking paycuts to the detriment to the rest of the players in terms of earning power? What about basketball wise? I still remember the really bad patch during that first year of the big three. It took them a while to figure out their roles. Plus what about Silver and they NBA? Would that deal even go through? I just think that there are a lot of factors to consider. Hats off to Riley if he can somehow make it work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I don't put a single thing past pat riley. The man brought us Zo and Hardaway, then Shaq to compliment Wade, then the big three. His moves get bigger and more bold with each iteration. The players union's endorsement is irrelevant. If the four take 13 million a year they would have 7 mil plus a mid level to fill out the team. Its their prerogative to do so. Adam silver also would have no way to stop it--since all 4 would have to opt out and therefore become free agents with the freedom to do what pleases them. I also don't think the team will have that many issues regarding 'figuring' it out. They would likely adopt the SA method of playing starters only 30 or so minutes. Wade could keep on his maintenance program and Lebron wouldn't be burnt out. On top of the fact that Carmelo is already an established 3 point shooter and both Bron and Melo would space the floor for each other in a way that Wade never could. The heat also have a first round pick in this years draft (26th) for the first time in 4 years they could use to help the PG/C voids. If it wasn't a possibility you wouldn't be seeing it all over twitter and the sports websites.

Now wether it'd be good or bad for the league… not sure. The big three was a pretty huge financial and attention boost to the league. It had the NBA front and center on all sports news shows all the time. Would it be any different than when Jordan won his 6? or when the Celtics and Lakers were dominating in the 80s?

Ultimattely i get why you guys are all hoping it doesn't happen. But as a Heat fan you can imagine why i hope it does.

NBA still ranks as the 5th most watched sport in the country, adding Melo won't boost it's ratings that much to pass auto racing which holds the 4 spot.

Hey, I get why Heat fans are over the moon with this. Hell, I'd be thrilled if the Craptors or the Knicks pulled something like this off. As for the players union, if I were the mid to lower tier players near the bottom of the pay scale I'd be pissed. You'd want the top players in the league to try and raise the barometer in terms pay scale. It benefits all the players.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back