General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sterling didn't lose the team BECAUSE he is a racist. He lost the team because his racist views were made public and he became very bad for the business of the NBA. Once you become bad for business and sponsors start dropping the league has the right to protect itself by voting you out of the club.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Agreed, great post Meathook and I can't believe I actually forgot about this:

I've said before, during the last Finals, that part of the backlash James get is from past behavior ( i.e. celebrating and talking about multiple rings in an interview, The Decision, and including his treatment, along with Wade, of Dirk Nowitzki in the press, back in the Dallas/Miami Finals) When Dirk had the flu and struggled, both James and Wade mocked him in front of the cameras. It was really unprofessional and generally it's just a ********* type move.

excellent post, Meat., esp the last paragraph :lol

Agreed

Sterling didn't lose the team BECAUSE he is a racist. He lost the team because his racist views were made public and he became very bad for the business of the NBA. Once you become bad for business and sponsors start dropping the league has the right to protect itself by voting you out of the club.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, if that tape would've never got out, the NBA wouldn't care.

Agreed, great post Meathook and I can't believe I actually forgot about this:

I didn't. People didn't like how the team came together, but they really became the NBA's most hated team after that series.

Doing a 360 gets you nowhere.. a 180 puts you in a different direction..

What did the mentally incapacitated driver say when driving towards a twister. let's do a 360 and get out of here!

So all of a sudden all these people who hardly posted a thing all year long come out of the wood works to gloat and bash lebron....classic . These are some of the same people preaching karma no? A guy as big as lebron shouldn't be capable of being as fast and explosive as he is for as long as he does it. Football players get breaks between plays, so that's not comparable . It's simple, large muscles need more energy to work and what he does at his size is amazing physiologically. Cramps have always been a issue for him and always will be. Anyone that says he's not tough because of it knows nothing about the human body.

Doing a 360 gets you nowhere.. a 180 puts you in a different direction..

What did the mentally incapacitated driver say when driving towards a twister. let's do a 360 and get out of here!

Lmao!

It's the Finals aka the only time anyone cares about the joke of a league the NBA has become. When Roy freakin Hibbert is the biggest nemesis your best player has to deal with en route to the Finals you know the league is pathetic.

It's the Finals aka the only time anyone cares about the joke of a league the NBA has become. When Roy freakin Hibbert is the biggest nemesis your best player has to deal with en route to the Finals you know the league is pathetic.

the NBA is a joke of a league? then why do you watch it? And if you think Hibbert is a nemesis to Lebron, I'm not quite sure what your watching, seeing as P. George and Leborn were guarding each other most of the time and George is by far the best player on Ind, and before Ind started their meltdown, they were a threat to win it all. I wasn't referring to people coming out to post about the finals in general, most only come to post about Lebron. Just imagine how boring this thread would be if Miami wasn't in the finals. It just makes no sense to me (except coming from a select few) that Lebron isn't great, not conditioned, not tough, etc cause he has cramping issues.

the NBA is a joke of a league?
Yes, compared to what it used to be it's horrible and only worth watching in the Finals now. Are you going to tell me regular season is interesting at all?

And if you think Hibbert is a nemesis to Lebron, I'm not quite sure what your watching, seeing as P. George and Leborn were guarding each other most of the time and George is by far the best player on Ind, and before Ind started their meltdown, they were a threat to win it all.
Hibbert was the one all over the news for trying to get James out of his game all series (not talking about Stephenson blowing in his ear either lol), not George. And the Pacers started their meltdown so far back they were no threat to win anything, they were lucky to get out of the 1st round and got murdered later.

I wasn't referring to people coming out to post about the finals in general, most only come to post about Lebron. Just imagine how boring this thread would be if Miami wasn't in the finals. It just makes no sense to me (except coming from a select few) that Lebron isn't great, not conditioned, not tough, etc cause he has cramping issues.
Pretty sure every poster here agreed James was currently the best player in the game, I think you're confusing that with a discussion of James vs Jordan.

Last edited:
So all of a sudden all these people who hardly posted a thing all year long come out of the wood works to gloat and bash lebron blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda................

wince.jpg

I find the regular season very entertaining cause my hometown team hasn't made the playoffs in forever and I like to keep my eye on who could potentially take MVP's away from Lebron and I enjoy seeing the race for the #1 seed in the NBA cause it's obviously somewhat important when the Finals come around. I think your confusing Hibbert with Stephenson. Hibbert is the most quiet guy on the team. I'm not sure why people still compare him to Jordan. Physically, he is far superior to Jordan for me(Jordan had more tricks in the air though), but I have never read that anyone has Lebron being better than him, not even me, but all said and done, Lebron will be a top 5 guy of all time, if not top 3 if he stays healthy imo. Still a long ways for him to go. I always love watching him play cause he plays hard every game on both ends of the court. Of course, he pushes himself a little harder come playoff time

Stephenson was a troll lol. I will agree if you're a fan of a West team the regular season is probably fun to watch, but the East is horrendous. There isn't a guy in the East that holds a candle to Wade, never mind James, so making a Finals run for Miami is a lock which makes it uninteresting to watch b/c they slaughter everyone.

well if Ind ever gets a solid point and some good bench guys, they could still be a threat next year, but individually, nobody is close to Lebron, but that doesn't mean Miami will be in the Finals every year, especially if they lose this year. There could be some major changes, meaning Bosh if they lose this year and Allen said he may retire. I'm hot and cold when it comes to bosh. He has made some big plays for them in the past, but it's always a what have you done for me lately kinda age. Bulls are just a healthy Rose and a real 2nd superstar away from being a threat again.

You have more faith in Indy than I do. Remember, they barked about wanting home court for a year for a game 7 and Miami ripped their heart out. I'm willing to bet that team gets blown up. As for Chicago, that ship has sailed unless Carmelo goes there which is possible.

Back