General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aldridge to the Suns is becoming a legitimate possibility.

Looks to be down to Suns, Spurs, and apparently the Blazers are still in the mix. I doubt he goes to the Knicks but he still has a meeting with them and the Raptors.

dwightshrutecelebrating.gif

Love back to the Cavs! YES! 5 years, 110 million. Cavs gonna get another max player when that new TV deal money kicks in.

Love and Shumpert back in Cavs unis........get Smith, Delly and a host of other scabs plus Haywood contract off the books and sign some legit talent all is well...

if they lost Delly, who would be his replacement? (Cavs gave him a qualifying offer already). This may be the biggest reason why Lebron is waiting to re-sign. He will prolly max out whatever they have left for next season after they're done making moves. It doesn't seem there are many other options for Cle going down the list. Afflalo, Belinelli, Brewer, Casspi, Mathews are all guys I like, but I'd bet NY is going to throw big money at Afflalo, and someone will throw big money at Mathews.

I'd bet Cle signs another old man in Prince, and Mo Williams prolly comes back. I know Smith wants to come back, but I'd throw what ever is left at Corey Brewer or Casspi (for defense) instead. Now that Pierce signed with LAC, Ray Allen won't go there now, so he will prolly choose SA or Cle next season.

I liked Delly's toughness but he struggled with pressure and decision making in the finals. Good kid but I want a championship versus keeping fan favorites. While no real top tier back ups some serviceable guys are available : Mo, Lou, Patrick, Aaron, Jameer etc....

I agree about Smith, we let him walk run at guys like Brewer, Afflalo, Reggie, Monta etc. We may have a chance with some of these accepting less dollars to make a run...We have our big three, we need better supporting cast. In all likelihood Irving and Love will miss time next season....kinda what they do :lol

I don't know his contract situation with Houston, but Cleveland could use Patrick Beverly. He's a competitor and a good defender and doesn't care about scoring.

And reports are that Aaron Afflalo signs with the Knicks for two years, $16 mil.

if they lost Delly, who would be his replacement? (Cavs gave him a qualifying offer already). This may be the biggest reason why Lebron is waiting to re-sign. He will prolly max out whatever they have left for next season after they're done making moves. It doesn't seem there are many other options for Cle going down the list. Afflalo, Belinelli, Brewer, Casspi, Mathews are all guys I like, but I'd bet NY is going to throw big money at Afflalo, and someone will throw big money at Mathews.

I'd bet Cle signs another old man in Prince, and Mo Williams prolly comes back. I know Smith wants to come back, but I'd throw what ever is left at Corey Brewer or Casspi (for defense) instead. Now that Pierce signed with LAC, Ray Allen won't go there now, so he will prolly choose SA or Cle next season.

Afflalo already signed with the Knicks. Wes Matthewes will be getting starter money. Brewer wants to return to the rockets as they are trying to resign him. Ray Allen never wanted to sign with the Cavs this past year.

I don't think the Cavs brink back JR Smith, he would be more than Shumpert and that money could be spent better elsewehere.
Looking at there roster

PG: Irving
SG: Shumpert, Harris
SF: Lebron, Miller
PF: Love, Thompson
C: Andy V, Mozgov

Cavs still have a lot to do. They need a backup PG, SG, SF. I could see them bringing back Delly, Mo Williams, and reuniting James with Norris Cole.. that is if James liked Cole back in there Miami days.

As for a SG, not much out there aside from JR Garbage Smith. Rodney Stuckey is a underrated player, averaged 10, 3, 3 with the Pacers, could be nice off the bench.

SF I still really like Prince, or possibly Luke Babbitt would be good for the Cavs off the becnh. Or another former heat player in Lewis.

Cavs still need to sign a bench warming big or two.

My predictions.

PG: Delly and Cole
SG: Stuckey
SF: Prince
Two bigs.

Monta Ellis would be surprising. I don't think the Cavs have the space, but would be nice.

Edit: Cavs could always get something back in exchange for a first and Haywood as well.

I don't know his contract situation with Houston, but Cleveland could use Patrick Beverly. He's a competitor and a good defender and doesn't care about scoring.

And reports are that Aaron Afflalo signs with the Knicks for two years, $16 mil.

he's a restricted FA

Afflalo already signed with the Knicks. Wes Matthewes will be getting starter money. Brewer wants to return to the rockets as they are trying to resign him. Ray Allen never wanted to sign with the Cavs this past year.

I don't think the Cavs brink back JR Smith, he would be more than Shumpert and that money could be spent better elsewehere.
Looking at there roster

PG: Irving
SG: Shumpert, Harris
SF: Lebron, Miller
PF: Love, Thompson
C: Andy V, Mozgov

Cavs still have a lot to do. They need a backup PG, SG, SF. I could see them bringing back Delly, Mo Williams, and reuniting James with Norris Cole.. that is if James liked Cole back in there Miami days.

As for a SG, not much out there aside from JR Garbage Smith. Rodney Stuckey is a underrated player, averaged 10, 3, 3 with the Pacers, could be nice off the bench.

SF I still really like Prince, or possibly Luke Babbitt would be good for the Cavs off the becnh. Or another former heat player in Lewis.

Cavs still need to sign a bench warming big or two.

My predictions.

PG: Delly and Cole
SG: Stuckey
SF: Prince
Two bigs.

Monta Ellis would be surprising. I don't think the Cavs have the space, but would be nice.

Edit: Cavs could always get something back in exchange for a first and Haywood as well.

Cole is a restricted FA as well and during the finals he was happy to be in NO.

Monta Ellis to Indiana.

too little, too late. West has already said farewell to the team, yet no news where he might go. He wants to be on a contender. Besides SA or maybe LAC, not sure what other contenders could use him. Sac cleared a bit of cap room today, but there isn't really anyone good to go after. They need West, but prolly won't get him.

Suns cleared 20 million in cap space... they can now sign Aldridge without a sign and trade... that would vault them to one of the best in the West.

Lakers are granted another meeting with Aldridge after blowing there first.

Miami Heat are also granted a meeting with Aldridge... which could indicate Wade is out.

Aldridge also wants to meet with two more teams...

Suns cleared 20 million in cap space... they can now sign Aldridge without a sign and trade... that would vault them to one of the best in the West.

Lakers are granted another meeting with Aldridge after blowing there first.

Miami Heat are also granted a meeting with Aldridge... which could indicate Wade is out.

Aldridge also wants to meet with two more teams...

I still think he ends up with SA...he wants to win a title...thats the best bet.

I still think he ends up with SA...he wants to win a title...thats the best bet.

The Heat could be interesting.... not sure how he and Bosh would mesh...

I can't believe the Lakers got another meeting. Tells me he really likes the Lakers and wants them to have another chance... or he just likes yanking teams chains and being wined and dined...

The Heat could be interesting.... not sure how he and Bosh would mesh...

I can't believe the Lakers got another meeting. Tells me he really likes the Lakers and wants them to have another chance... or he just likes yanking teams chains and being wined and dined...

Yeeea, im a HUGE lakers fan and I would NOT go there if I were Aldridge. I think our best bet is to keep our young core, maybe get another pick next draft, and nab a couple big FAs that would want to come to LA together. It's a long shot but could work...especially if Russell plays as well as people think he will.

Yeeea, im a HUGE lakers fan and I would NOT go there if I were Aldridge. I think our best bet is to keep our young core, maybe get another pick next draft, and nab a couple big FAs that would want to come to LA together. It's a long shot but could work...especially if Russell plays as well as people think he will.

Looking ahead to 2016 and how things went this year the only big name the Lakers could go after is Kevin Durant. Even then, I think the Lakers better get Aldridge or Jordan this year to just have a chance in Durant.

DeAndre Jordan to sign a max deal with the Mavs.... Wes Matthews signed there as well.

But realistically the Mavs are terrible. They lost 10 players this season. Charlie V, Richard Jefferson, Greg Smith, Bernard James, JJ Barea, Rondo, Ellis, Chandler, Al Farouq Aminu.... I mean... they are done in the west, even with the signings they did.. no PG and no bench.

Any chance the Clippers had at winning a title is officially done. The best big left is Enes Kanter... who is terrible defensively.

DeAndre Jordan to sign a max deal with the Mavs.... Wes Matthews signed there as well.

But realistically the Mavs are terrible. They lost 10 players this season. Charlie V, Richard Jefferson, Greg Smith, Bernard James, JJ Barea, Rondo, Ellis, Chandler, Al Farouq Aminu.... I mean... they are done in the west, even with the signings they did.. no PG and no bench.

Any chance the Clippers had at winning a title is officially done. The best big left is Enes Kanter... who is terrible defensively.
Personally I'm surprised he would leave LAC

Back