General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Love comes in off the bench. Don't mess with the lineup that worked for you.

And while tonight was just one game, it goes to show that all the prophets and naysayers know as much as anyone else: not much. The series might go 5 games, it might go 7: after tonight only a gambler or a fool would confidently say which it will be.

The argument is tired: Lebron doesn't suck and never has. His detractors will tear him down regardless of what he does. He's an all-time great, and at that level it's hard to rank them. Besides, he may yet play another 5-8 years. Let's leave it at that!

Last edited:
I think Love comes in off the bench. Don't mess with the lineup that worked for you.

And while tonight was just one game, it goes to show that all the prophets and naysayers know as much as anyone else: not much.

The argument is tired: Lebron doesn't suck and never has. His detractors will tear him down regardless of what he does. He's an all-time great, and at that level it's hard to rank them. Besides, he may yet play another 5-8 years. Let's leave it at that!

I have never said Lebron sucks. Most of us agree he is already top 10, arguably top 5 all time. Most of us also agree he is not GOAT and most likely never will be. But you are correct, he has time left to improve his legacy. I still don't think he's winning a title this year but we will see what happens.

It's amazing what being aggressive does in a game. Also keeping a body on Curry and frustrating him to the point of when he stops caring. Lebron finally started playing better, too. He seems to be having a lot of handle issues. GS can be beat, but the Cavs have to fight the entire game. Bring Love off of the bench and it'll be fine.

I'd like to see at least one game where all the stars are playing well. This is just pathetic basketball being put on display.

I'm sorry but this GS team is not the greatest NBA team ever. They get blown out way too many times to even be considered that. Wished they didn't break record this year. They arent as good as their record. Good but not best ever

I'm sorry but this GS team is not the greatest NBA team ever. They get blown out way too many times to even be considered that. Wished they didn't break record this year. They arent as good as their record. Good but not best ever

Yeah, they're fun to watch when they are playing well but they are a very inconsistent during the playoffs. I can't help but think that the Phil Jackson championship teams would annihilate GS in a series.

That doesn't add up to GOAT. B+R+A+D+Y = GOAT.

Don't forget Kerr and Paxson won two rings for Jordan, just as "the kicker won two for Brady." At least Brady can make it out of the first round and win a championship without his kicker, unlike Jordan who needed Pippen.

Oh... by the way..... Brady has four rings, he led the drives to set up two game winning kicks., without those drives, Pats don't win... so how is "most" of Brady's rings from his kicker?

But, that is all I have to say... these misinformed, irrational, baited posts to make me mad aren't working. Deep down..... you know Brady is GOAT.

Sorry, your kicker is GOAT and deep down you know it. GOATS don't take undefeated teams to the Super Bowl and choke against an 8-8 team. That's a fact. Learn to live with it. 6-0 in the Finals and 6 time Finals MVP = GOAT.

LeBron just did something Jordan never will... beat a 73 win team.

Too bad he's lacking in the Championship department. 6-0 in the Finals and 6 time Finals MVP. That's how you spell GOAT. Wanna know the best part? If Bron wins a ring the 73 wins for GS mean NOTHING (just like your 16-0 Pats) and makes the GOAT's 72 win Bulls still the best of the best and Bron will still be 3 rings shy of the GOAT. :lol

There's nothing that can be done about that. It's today's NBA. A very watered down league with very few strong teams in it. The entire Eastern Conference is a joke with the exception of the Cavs. I don't see anything changing. We just have to deal with it and enjoy the players and the game for what it is today or just stop watching. I share your opinion about GS. They certainly are a good team but I also don't consider them the best ever. However, winning 73 games isn't easy in any era. I give them props for doing it but they have to win a ring to somewhat legitimize it. After all, they certainly don't want to be remembered as the '07 Pats team that set a record for victories in an NFL season (16-0) but choked big time when it mattered.

Yeah, they're fun to watch when they are playing well but they are a very inconsistent during the playoffs. I can't help but think that the Phil Jackson championship teams would annihilate GS in a series.

I'd have to agree. Any of the Bulls and Lakers championship teams would probably be able to beat GS. No way either of those teams let GS off the hook if they have them down 3-1 like OKC did.

He also did something MJ never did. Win a Finals game 3 after being down 0-2...

EPIC! How did I miss this? The GOAT certainly didn't put his team in a 0-2 hole during any of his Finals appearances which all ended in championships. I'm certain that's just part of the reason why he was a 6 times Finals MVP.

6-0 in the Finals and 6 time Finals MVP = GOAT.

11-0 in the finals with a finals appearance in 11 of 13 seasons and 5 league MVP nods sounds more like a GOAT because that level of consistency, dominance will be difficult to top in any sport (if I bought into the GOAT thing).

Jordan is tied like 9th or 10th for most championship rings. Russell, Jabbar, Havlicek (others I don't recall) have as many if not more rings then Jordan. Until the league (any) say this is the criteria for GOAT not the media and fans it is your opinion that equates to GOAT :wink1:

I regress from GOAT lure to say nice win for the Cavs showed some heart...

Last edited:
Curry's too skinny to handle the physicality of the playoffs. He's been in the playoffs enough to know refs don't blow the whistle like they do in the regular season so teams are going to beat him up as much as they can. Curry looks like a little kid out there sometimes when he's fighting through picks on defense.

11-0 in the finals with a finals appearance in 11 of 13 seasons and 5 league MVP nods sounds more like a GOAT because that level of consistency, dominance will be difficult to top in any sport (if I bought into the GOAT thing).

Jordan is tied like 9th or 10th for most championship rings. Russell, Jabbar, Havlicek (others I don't recall) have as many if not more rings then Jordan. Until the league (any) say this is the criteria for GOAT not the media and fans it is your opinion that equates to GOAT :wink1:

I regress from GOAT lure to say nice win for the Cavs showed some heart...

Eh the only players w more titles than MJ are all 60's Celtics who played back when there were like 10 teams in the league and Horry (whom I'm fairly confident we can eliminate from GOAT conversation)...let's offer a little perspective here lol

Back