General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 words: The East.

Aside from SA and GS, the East's playoff field was pretty much identical to the West's with respect to their records. And perhaps you can make such an evaluation about a year or two or even three. But he's been to 6 straight Finals. I suppose the Bills, who went to 4 straight Super Bowls, only did so by virtue of a weak AFC? Or is it perhaps that, despite their having lost 4 straight title games, that had some damned fine players on their team?

I'm shocked at how little perspective so many people here have. They dislike the man/player--and I know why, as he does make an easy target--but the blatant disregard and willful dismissive statements about his ability and legacy are farcical.

You must not be watching the games and enjoy blindly hating on LeBron. First you say LeBron only drove to the basket when half of his made shots came from mid-range or beyond. Now you say he only puts up big numbers when Green is out. James averages through the first four final games, which Green played.

25 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks

Holding James to 25 pts is actually pretty damn solid...a huge departure from 41 pts.

Aside from SA and GS, the East's playoff field was pretty much identical to the West's with respect to their records. And perhaps you can make such an evaluation about a year or two or even three. But he's been to 6 straight Finals. I suppose the Bills, who went to 4 straight Super Bowls, only did so by virtue of a weak AFC? Or is it perhaps that, despite their having lost 4 straight title games, that had some damned fine players on their team?

I'm shocked at how little perspective so many people here have. They dislike the man/player--and I know why, as he does make an easy target--but the blatant disregard and willful dismissive statements about his ability and legacy are farcical.

Aside from the two teams who have less losses combined that any other team in the East? So yes the rest of the records are close but that also means that's teams in the west who played GS and SA more than the east teams will just by pure math have more loses since those top teams didn't have many losses. The fact that the 1st and 2nd place teams are only a game or two better than the 3rd and 4th place teams in the west doesn't say much IMO.

Well, the real question is...if Green played, would Bron have dropped 41 on GS in game 5? After all, that's 16 more points than Bron's average when Green played. I guess we'll see if game 5 was a fluke or if Bron has more 40 point games in him with Green on the floor. James is going to have to score if the Cavs want to extend this series and 25 points may not be enough to knock off the Champs. We'll see how this plays out soon enough.

I think this is the key to the game tonight. GS won't win if Lebron gets more than 25 and Kyrie goes for 40. If Lebron is held under 25 and Kyrie gets 40 the Cavs will probably lose because I don't expect anyone else to pick up the slack.

I think this is the key to the game tonight. GS won't win if Lebron gets more than 25 and Kyrie goes for 40. If Lebron is held under 25 and Kyrie gets 40 the Cavs will probably lose because I don't expect anyone else to pick up the slack.

I think if either of those guys hits 40, CLE is in good shape. I think GS needs to hold both of them to mid 20s to win.

Cleveland was playing well in Game 4 at home, until they ran out of gas and stopped making shots late in the third/early in the fourth. They could make those shots in Game 6.

Golden State could hit the open shots they were missing in Game 5.

Kevin Love may or may not contribute more than the 4 points and 3 rebounds that he did in Game 5.

Harrison Barnes may or may not shoot better than 2 for 14.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't know what happens tonight :lol. I do think Kyrie continues his hot shooting. While GS can throw Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, and Harrison Barnes at LeBron, they have no one to match up with Kyrie. Steph Curry is their weakest individual defender, and while they can throw Klay Thompson at Kyrie, I think Kyrie's too quick for Klay in the long run (I finally watched Game 5 on my DVR last night...my goodness, some of those shots Kyrie made while going glass were phenomenal).

Well, the real question is...if Green played, would Bron have dropped 41 on GS in game 5? After all, that's 16 more points than Bron's average when Green played. I guess we'll see if game 5 was a fluke or if Bron has more 40 point games in him with Green on the floor. James is going to have to score if the Cavs want to extend this series and 25 points may not be enough to knock off the Champs. We'll see how this plays out soon enough.

James scored 32 back in the game 3 win. I think and hope he can put those numbers up again. Same with Kyrie. I do agree with you though. James and Kyrie don't put up 41 each, but they made over 55% of there contested shots.... so even if Green was out there, I think Cavs stil win. James and Kyrie will need more than 25 to win, unless Love or Smith step up.

Holding James to 25 pts is actually pretty damn solid...a huge departure from 41 pts.

I guess :lol I just don't remember a time when holding someone to 25 was solid :lol To me, that is a testament to how good LeBron has been.

Green needs to kick Kyrie.

I hope he does. Then Green will be suspended for game 7.

James scored 32 back in the game 3 win. I think and hope he can put those numbers up again. Same with Kyrie. I do agree with you though. James and Kyrie don't put up 41 each, but they made over 55% of there contested shots.... so even if Green was out there, I think Cavs stil win. James and Kyrie will need more than 25 to win, unless Love or Smith step up.

I guess :lol I just don't remember a time when holding someone to 25 was solid :lol To me, that is a testament to how good LeBron has been.

I hope he does. Then Green will be suspended for game 7.

On this team, Lebron only scoring 25 is not going to net them very many wins against the top teams in the west...that's my point. He needs to do more for them to win. And Green isn't guarding him the entire game but when he or Iggy does, it makes a difference. In any case, we'll see what happens tonight. CLE role players will still need to produce for them to win I think.

Pretty funny how hard the Cavs were pushing the league to suspend Green 2 games, instead of "only" one...they know they have no chance otherwise :lol

Pretty funny how hard the Cavs were pushing the league to suspend Green 2 games, instead of "only" one...they know they have no chance otherwise :lol

Even though they already won by 30 when Green was on the floor. Sure, makes sense.

Tonight will tell the tale

Part of me wants LBJ to win in seven and shut the mouths of all his detractors, that includes myself

Back