General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should trade Ricky and Zach for him.....Butler and Dunn bring defense Wolves need

That would be a good trade... but

Buckets isn't going anywhere...it was bad intel...Chicago would be off their rocker if they dealt him

...it seems this is true. Longer the Bulls wait, the more it seems as if they want to keep Butler.

I feel bad for the Magic. People thought the Bulls were robbed.... I mean, they give up Oladipo, who was a former #2 pick if I remembered correctly. He can give 15-20 points easily. Now that he is playing with Westbrook and potentially KD... he is going to get a lot of open looks. Then Thunder grab Illyasova, a good stretch four.

If KD stays... scary lineup

Westbrook
Oladipo
Durant
Kanter
Adams

With Waiters, Illyasova, Roberson, Foye, Payne, Morrow as role players, Thunder should be the favorites in the West now.

So the 2nd pick went to Lakers?

Durant better go to Lakers because Lakers are nothing without Kobe..new era :pfft:

Disappointing to hear about LeBron and the US team. I don't blame him, I would not go near that mess either.

I saw him today at the Akron party, I wanted to go to the Cleveland party, but it started too early and 1.3MIL fans would have been crazy!

I'm OK with the Ibaka trade to Orlando from an okc Thunder fan perspective. His contract was coming up soon too, which is just not something we need getting in way of Westbrook or kd negotiations. Word of his unhappiness with Westbrook has started to come out now. His numbers have indeed fallen over the years, across the board. He just doesn't have same intensity when he was younger.

He's a good player but no way was thunder paying him what he thought he deserved. He's not worth the salary he will get in next off season. We just spent a max contract on Enes Kanter so it just makes sense to free up space with Ibaka.

I think oladipo comes off the bench with Enes kanter, waiters, etc. I'm really interested in how the lineups will looks this year. We need oladipo's scoring coming off bench.

Offensively, thunder got better (unless kd leaves). Defensively, we lost a chunk.

So the 2nd pick went to Lakers?

Durant better go to Lakers because Lakers are nothing without Kobe..new era :pfft:

That's what I was thinking. Brandon Ingram looks like he'll be a good one and that should attract better players to LA. Plus KD has a home in LA, I think, and he'd be top dog on the team.

Disappointing to hear about LeBron and the US team. I don't blame him, I would not go near that mess either.

I saw him today at the Akron party, I wanted to go to the Cleveland party, but it started too early and 1.3MIL fans would have been crazy!

I saw some of his speech on tv. I wonder how many kids are going to curse in front of adults today and use LeBron's profanity as an excuse.:lol

Don't forget KD and Westbrook could both go to La. Westbrook is from La and went to school there.

I'm OK with the Ibaka trade to Orlando from an okc Thunder fan perspective. His contract was coming up soon too, which is just not something we need getting in way of Westbrook or kd negotiations. Word of his unhappiness with Westbrook has started to come out now. His numbers have indeed fallen over the years, across the board. He just doesn't have same intensity when he was younger.

He's a good player but no way was thunder paying him what he thought he deserved. He's not worth the salary he will get in next off season. We just spent a max contract on Enes Kanter so it just makes sense to free up space with Ibaka.

I think oladipo comes off the bench with Enes kanter, waiters, etc. I'm really interested in how the lineups will looks this year. We need oladipo's scoring coming off bench.

Offensively, thunder got better (unless kd leaves). Defensively, we lost a chunk.

I'll defer to your opinion since as a OKC fan, you've probably watched more of their games beyond the nationally televised/playoff games I've seen. I just think that Serge is one of those "glue" guys that while not a superstar, contributes in multiple ways. He's Tristan Thompson with a jump shot (although Tristan goes after offensive rebounds better). He's been named to three all NBA defensive teams. His jump shot has improved. I know his numbers have declined this year, but I'm wondering if Sam Presti made the same mistake with Ibaka as he did with James Harden, namely trading him a year early. I know that Presti was trying to maximize his ROI on Ibaka, but OKC was within one game of making it to the NBA Finals. Why not play the hand they're dealt for one more season? Enes Kanter wil provide post scoring, but he's a poor defensive player.

Oladipo has some upside, and there's also the intangible benefit that he's was born and raised here in the DMV, same as Kevin Durant...

Last edited:
I don't think Ibaka was happy in OKC anymore. Their defense got a little worse, but I think Oladipo will help them close out games. I don't think KD will end up leaving. Too much uncertainty in LA. LA won't even be close to a playoff team next year, even with KD imo.

They made a good point last nights bout Durant....unless he goes to GS who else besides OKC offers him the chance now. I bet he does the Lebron thing with short term deals so he can bolt when things go downhill

I read San Antonio is in play as well. Don't know their cap situation, though, plus they already have Kawhi Leonard entrenched at small forward already.

Oladipo is going to be a starter. He is much better than Roberson, Waiters, Morrow, Payne...

Back