General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KD in GS changes the whole dynamic of the perimeter concept.

Hope Curry and Durant can gel together as captains with Clay and Green, that's what I'm concerned about :pray:

GS was already the odds on favorite to win the title next year according the Vegas. Obviously, this increases their odds.

But the other contending teams in the league is not going to roll over and let GS walk over them. Not to mention whatever internal changes GS will have to deal with. Klay Thompson was the second offensive option for Golden State. Now he's clearly the third option.

Steph Curry won the last two MVPs, and KD is only a few years removed from his MVP. You have two alpha dogs. Who is going to defer to whom? They can say all the right things, but as Year 1 of the LeBron James / Dwayne Wade proved, unless there is a clear pecking order, things can get muddled.

GS will either have to trade Iguodala or Bogut to sign KD. If they let Bogut go, they lose rim protection, which was an unsung reason why the Cavs were able to get back and ultimately win the series.

Lebron ain't winning another championship for a long time :lol

I think Lebron showed GS that they can't rely on perimeter shooting and defense as a whole to get it done. Now they got their attack in the paint wish

Really cautious GS is with Durant though, only 2-yr deal at 54 million :dunno

Yep, second year is a player option as well.

Can't wait to see Russell Westbrook take it at Durant. There friends, but I'm curious to see how Westbrook took the news...

GS was already the odds on favorite to win the title next year according the Vegas. Obviously, this increases their odds.

But the other contending teams in the league is not going to roll over and let GS walk over them. Not to mention whatever internal changes GS will have to deal with. Klay Thompson was the second offensive option for Golden State. Now he's clearly the third option.

Steph Curry won the last two MVPs, and KD is only a few years removed from his MVP. You have two alpha dogs. Who is going to defer to whom? They can say all the right things, but as Year 1 of the LeBron James / Dwayne Wade proved, unless there is a clear pecking order, things can get muddled.

GS will either have to trade Iguodala or Bogut to sign KD. If they let Bogut go, they lose rim protection, which was an unsung reason why the Cavs were able to get back and ultimately win the series.

That would be a huge loss in defense with any of those two traded but KD is great at defense too so it might even out.

Yep, second year is a player option as well.

Can't wait to see Russell Westbrook take it at Durant. There friends, but I'm curious to see how Westbrook took the news...

Westbrook will be the James Hardin for OKC now. Feel sorry for him, the whole team, whole city is on his shoulders now more than ever.

I like the OKC coach though, ownership needs to get help for Westbrook, the bench needs to be completely rebuilt

Hey OKC Rondo is free

So Durant pulls a huge WTF move, and Lebron haters still come out for some reason. You guys have issues. Durant leaves a a top 5 player sidekick in Westbrook to join the team that he wasn't tough enough to beat last year with a 3-1 lead. To quote Stephen Smith, "weakest move I've ever seen".

And as pointed out earlier, it was the lack of rim protection that allowed the Cavs to come back, so either GS loses rim protection or they lose their best defensive player in Iggy. It's not a forgone conclusion they win it all in the next two years.

Lebron has choked four times in the NBA finals. He's the real king of choking.

ohhhhhhhh.......got me. both losing 3-1 series leads (one in finals) worse then never really being in a series and losing (2 in Cle). But being in NY likely a Knicks fan you get choking in playoffs..your turn :lol

On lighter note , I wonder if OKC trades Westbrook and rebuilds? Odds decreased even more he resigns next year....

So Durant pulls a huge WTF move, and Lebron haters still come out for some reason. You guys have issues. Durant leaves a a top 5 player sidekick in Westbrook to join the team that he wasn't tough enough to beat last year with a 3-1 lead. To quote Stephen Smith, "weakest move I've ever seen".

And as pointed out earlier, it was the lack of rim protection that allowed the Cavs to come back, so either GS loses rim protection or they lose their best defensive player in Iggy. It's not a forgone conclusion they win it all in the next two years.

The 2nd year option in the deal says it all IMO. GS wants to win it all in 2017 and Durant wants to get his first ring in 2017. After that, nothing is for sure on either side :lecture

Durant and GS are not guaranteed for the upcoming future

Too afford Durant, the Warrriors will obviously not match Dallas' offer to Harrison Barnes. Just read they will renounce the rights to Festus Ezeli as well.

And I guess Andrew Bogut saw the writing on the wall, as he's removed any reference to the Warriors from his Twitter page.

I've gone on record with my posts here that the NBA has changed as far as players calling their own shots, and I said I had no problem with that...

But to leave to join the team that you couldn't beat? Sorry, KD, that doesn't look good...

I feel like GS was the one team he couldn't go to, but he still did it. It wasn't to leave a bad owner, or average teammates or to go play with his best friends, he's simply going to try and grab one title. The fact that he's only committing for 1 year really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I guess if they don't make it to the finals, he will jump to the next team that beat him. Warriors are going to have 4 all stars in the starting line up, and Iggy. I'm curious if they will be able to pull a Riley and lure veterans for a one and done.

I feel like GS was the one team he couldn't go to, but he still did it. It wasn't to leave a bad owner, or average teammates or to go play with his best friends, he's simply going to try and grab one title. The fact that he's only committing for 1 year really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I guess if they don't make it to the finals, he will jump to the next team that beat him. Warriors are going to have 4 all stars in the starting line up, and Iggy. I'm curious if they will be able to pull a Riley and lure veterans for a one and done.

It's obvious that GS is thinking the same thing hence the smallest deal for a small amount. GS is not sweating if Durant is a " One and Done " situation.

Who will suffer is OKC

Yep, because of this, Westbrook will leave for sure and they will have nobody . I think they will have to trade him this season. Durant is gonna feel the heat. To be inches away from the finals and they would have been favorites against clev......

I thought Durant would've gone to the Lakers before they screwed up and didn't even get a visit from him. I wonder if the Clippers had a chance but the money just want there. This definitely looks like a chump move for sure.

Last edited:
Back