General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleveland a super team? Irving was just a young pup that was considered a good player. Love didn't even make the all star team this year, can't remember the last year if he did or not. Besides Durant, none of those other players teamed up against a team that had beaten them in the playoffs and it's the first time the previous 3 MvP's have been on the same team.

Spurs keep getting older, signing soon to be 36 yr old Gasol for 2 years. Still a good player, but how do they match up against GS? Aldridge/Gasol vs Durant/Green. Ouch.

Bogut is joining Barnes in Dallas. GS did good by Bogut, trading him to a destination he prefers.

Wonder if the Gasol signing means Timmy is in fact retiring?

Tim would come off the bench, but I think for tax reasons, they'd like for him to retire. Can GS afford to pick up any real centers?

Kevin Durant is a sell-out *****. Should he stay on the Golden State All-Stars for the rest of his career, his legacy will be forever tarnished and shall always be remembered as Kevin Durant, The Coattail Rider. What an absolute disgrace he is. He himself is to blame for the loss to Golden State, so, since he is not good enough to carry a team, he joins a team that can carry him. Pathetic.

Durant is the most hated player in the NBA now. The All-Stars are the most hated team in the league now.

Durant had the audacity to tweet way back when about how it is weak to form super-teams, yet he formed the biggest super-team in sports history.

LeBron left a D-League roster to join a Heat team that was somewhat struggling through the years after Shaq left. Sure, he joined Wade and Bosh... but they aren't Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy and a 73-9 win team. LeBron didn't join the team that beat him.

LeBron haters have turned to supporters. Realistically, he is the only one who can stop them now.

I hope Westbrook, if he is not traded (which truth be told he probably will be traded) beats the Warriors by himself in the playoffs.

Sorry Spurs, Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies, Thunder.... no chance for any of you.

The West was won today.

He's staying.

Thunder did what they had to do to make him happy.

Thunder have more upside.

Golden state isn't going to be able to pay all of those players.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Meh he'll just find another player or 3 to coat tail a title with to further propagate his claim as "King".

That said whatever title KD wins w GSW gets a big fat * as far as I'm concerned . Another legacy tainted by teaming up w other stars to chase a ring.

You want to talk about coat tailing?

COAT TAILING?????

You mention LeBron???? At this time???

Kevin Durant is the biggest ****** coat tailing player of all time. Direct your hate towards him. If not, it is really obvious you just hate LeBron in general :lol:lol

Kevin Durant is a sell-out *****. Should he stay on the Golden State All-Stars for the rest of his career, his legacy will be forever tarnished and shall always be remembered as Kevin Durant, The Coattail Rider. What an absolute disgrace he is. He himself is to blame for the loss to Golden State, so, since he is not good enough to carry a team, he joins a team that can carry him. Pathetic.

Durant is the most hated player in the NBA now. The All-Stars are the most hated team in the league now.

Durant had the audacity to tweet way back when about how it is weak to form super-teams, yet he formed the biggest super-team in sports history.

LeBron left a D-League roster to join a Heat team that was somewhat struggling through the years after Shaq left. Sure, he joined Wade and Bosh... but they aren't Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy and a 73-9 win team. LeBron didn't join the team that beat him.

LeBron haters have turned to supporters. Realistically, he is the only one who can stop them now.

I hope Westbrook, if he is not traded (which truth be told he probably will be traded) beats the Warriors by himself in the playoffs.

Sorry Spurs, Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies, Thunder.... no chance for any of you.

The West was won today.

Lebron still sucks more. Sorry

Lebron haters are always in full throttle, don't forget that

Sorry Spurs, Clippers, Blazers, Grizzlies, Thunder.... no chance for any of you. The West was won today.

I disagree. A healthy LAC team still matches up very well against this pure shooting team. As of now, GS is super small, will get killed on the boards.

Just a pipe dream for me, but I'd love to see a straight up trade , Westbrook for Cousins in Sacramento. I think Sac could make the playoffs if that happened. New arena, new team.

thats just your opinion man...

You know nothing about NBA, only posting to troll. Sad.

Lebron still sucks more. Sorry

No, you are wrong. Sorry.

Lebron haters are always in full throttle, don't forget that

Yeah, I forgot. They are active here.

I disagree. A healthy LAC team still matches up very well against this pure shooting team. As of now, GS is super small, will get killed on the boards.

Offensively, they are unstoppable. I think that makes up for lack of rebounding. Clippers will choke anyways like they always do.

Just a pipe dream for me, but I'd love to see a straight up trade , Westbrook for Cousins in Sacramento. I think Sac could make the playoffs if that happened. New arena, new team.

Could happen. I'd rather have Kings get Westbrook and Keep Cousins :lol

Cleveland a super team? Irving was just a young pup that was considered a good player. Love didn't even make the all star team this year, can't remember the last year if he did or not. Besides Durant, none of those other players teamed up against a team that had beaten them in the playoffs and it's the first time the previous 3 MvP's have been on the same team.

Big three...super friends whatever you want to call them .......Cle has three of the perceived best in the league formed to chase a ring. Love was top 5 talent (recalling on conversations when Love for Wiggins trade was proposed) and Irving an up n comer then James. I'd consider them in that mold....Beyond Wade Miami had no championship experience in the big three, the same for Celtics big three until they got together. Thus I say Cle falls into same category....now add Warriors and Durant into the mix.

Wow. I didn't see that coming. Just as ****** a move by KD as Bron hightailing it out of Cleveland IMO. I guess this is just the NBA of today and we'll all have to get used to it.

:dance:dance:danceNo, you are wrong. Sorry.

We will have to agree to disagree on that :dance

the fact that you both are arguing who "sucks" the most? I'll leave it there.

Big three...super friends whatever you want to call them .......Cle has three of the perceived best in the league formed to chase a ring. Love was top 5 talent (recalling on conversations when Love for Wiggins trade was proposed) and Irving an up n comer then James. I'd consider them in that mold....Beyond Wade Miami had no championship experience in the big three, the same for Celtics big three until they got together. Thus I say Cle falls into same category....now add Warriors and Durant into the mix.

I know I never said Love was a top 5 talent. Before Lebron got there, it was Irving and a rookie that had potential. They are not a team full of superstar or even all stars. How many teams in the league have at least 2 all star players?

Wow. I didn't see that coming. Just as ****** a move by KD as Bron hightailing it out of Cleveland IMO. I guess this is just the NBA of today and we'll all have to get used to it.

Nah, it is more of a ***** move. KD had a championship roster and an owner willing to go after players. Then KD leaves the team that beat him. LeBron had a D-League roster and an owner who at the time wasn't willing to spend money.

I know I never said Love was a top 5 talent. Before Lebron got there, it was Irving and a rookie that had potential. They are not a team full of superstar or even all stars. How many teams in the league have at least 2 all star players?

I didn't mention names, I said conversations (long time posters in this thread) regarding Love's status.

In terms of teams last year with mult all stars: Raptors, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Warriors come to mind. Not really a fair assessment of talent since it's based on fan service much like the GOAT conversation.

I didn't mention names, I said conversations (long time posters in this thread) regarding Love's status.

In terms of teams last year with mult all stars: Raptors, Heat, Spurs, Thunder, Warriors come to mind. Not really a fair assessment of talent since it's based on fan service much like the GOAT conversation.

I guess my point is for the longest time, it's been known that it takes multiple all stars on a team to win the title and those types of players have been teaming up forever. Things haven't changed, but now Durant has taken it to another level with literally If I can't beat them, join them attitude. He's the only player that's done that as a superstar in the league, so that's a huge difference when comparing this situation to any other and because he signed such a short contract, OKC gets literally nothing in return, not even a draft pick.

Back