General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LeBron haters are pathetic :lol

It shows how no one makes a fuss about KD. Honestly, it is just plain sad.

Mark Cuban must love helping the Warriors. First Cuban takes Barnes, then trades for Bogut, then gives away Zaza for $2.9 million.

So KD pulled a LeBron. It's understandable in the same way it was for LeBron. And in the latter case it jumpstarted his career in earnest, as it allowed him that first title. Maybe KD is following suit. But of course, thus is bad news for everyone else next year.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why Kevin Durant Joining the Warriors is Worse than LeBron Joining the Heat

The Facts

1. Kevin Durant is leaving a championship contending team that was a few minutes away from another Finals
1a. LeBron James left a D-League roster playoff contending team.

2. Kevin Durant had a top five player in Russel Westbrook.
2a. LeBron had a old, wore down, end of his career Shaq as his best player he ever played with for the Cavs.

3. Kevin Durant had two budding stars in Oladipo and Adams.
3a. LeBron had Mo Williams and JJ Hickson as "budding stars."

4. Thunder were willing to make moves to get and sign players.
4a. The biggest signing the Cavs made was for an old Shaq and the Cavs repeatedly failed to improve the roster.

5. Kevin Durant joined the team that he choked against, the Warriors.
5a. LeBron didn't join the team he lost against, the Celtics.

6. Kevin Durant joined the best regular season team of all time, 2x reigning Western conference team with a 2x MVP and multiple all-stars and DPOY candidate.
6a. LeBron joined the Heat, who were man handled in the playoffs the year before by the best team in the East, the Celtics.

Some rationalizations are understandably made by LeBron fans here, who are annoyed that the Warriors will be the super team next year that the Heat were in years past. But look on the bright side-if LeBron can somehow pull it off again next year, it will be hard to doubt his greatness. But first, he's got to reap what he's sowed. LeBron set the modern precedent here.

Some rationalizations are understandably made by LeBron fans here, who are annoyed that the Warriors will be the super team next year that the Heat were in years past. But look on the bright side-if LeBron can somehow pull it off again next year, it will be hard to doubt his greatness. But first, he's got to reap what he's sowed. LeBron set the modern precedent here.

No rationalizations, those are all facts.

Also LeBron didn't start the super team movement. That has been around forever. If anything, credit the Magic when they tried to Get McGrady, Duncan, Hill together in free agency. They opened it up.

Well, maybe a little. I think it'd be more about KD not getting it done, just like it was all about Lebron when the Heat lost to the Mavs.

Well surely, that would be another narrative. It's always possible the team won't gel, though. We'll see.

No rationalizations, those are all facts.
For the purpose of your argument, you sidestep the most obvious similarity--forget records of the teams they left, or of the teams they are going to in the recent past. Both were attempts to put together the best of the best for the purpose of winning a championship. That's the motivation of both players, and that trumps anything else. McGrady and Grant Hill were never DWade or Lebron, or Durant and Curry. Of course, we've seen great players get together for years in different constellations. But stuff like this is fairly unheard of in modern times. Like if Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson or Larry Bird joined forces in the late '80s.

That's the thing with old school NBA greats. They would rather find a way to beat the crap out of you than join you. It would have been unthinkable for MJ to want to join Magic or Bird, or for Reggie to consider teaming up with Isaiah or Patrick to form a "super group." Now it's becoming the norm for star players to join other star players to create these loaded teams that tilt chances heavily, if not unfairly, to their favor, instead of allowing for an even playing field and finding glory and satisfaction in competing against the best.

Haha, some of you still are so salty about the Cavs having won the title that you somehow twist Durant's signing with GS as a way to further your anti-LeBron hate. Just breathe. The sun will rise in the morning either way, I promise.

But the sun has been especially bright this summer in Cleveland. [emoji41]

Last edited:
Although most likely false... rumors say Wade is meeting with the Cavs later today.

A big what if lineup, but....

Kyrie
Wade
LeBron
Love
Thompson

Cavs could easily create $20 million by trading Iman, Frye, Mo or just have LeBron take less.

Hypothetically speaking assume the Warriors have two more spectacular regular seasons along with winning two NBA championships. Folks have weighed in about their thoughts on Durant's legacy joining a "super friends" team to get his......what does that say about Curry's and or Warriors legacy? The team / Curry would be 3-1 with two of those on a stacked team. Does the team and Curry get an * too?

If Kevin Durant was smart, he would go back on his decision and sign with the Thunder. Think about how smart it would be by doing that. He would screw over the Warriors and weaken them. Durant would need to just wait three days so Warriors can't match for Barnes and then Bogut is already gone. Durant then can go back to the Thunder and be the best team in the west.

Such as???
Since your worried yes your in in that category but I really don't have the time or desire to spend the time pointing out all of the stupid stuff said by all the different people.

If Kevin Durant was smart, he would go back on his decision and sign with the Thunder. Think about how smart it would be by doing that. He would screw over the Warriors and weaken them. Durant would need to just wait three days so Warriors can't match for Barnes and then Bogut is already gone. Durant then can go back to the Thunder and be the best team in the west.

You've been watching too much WWE, dude!

Nah, it is more of a ***** move. KD had a championship roster and an owner willing to go after players. Then KD leaves the team that beat him. LeBron had a D-League roster and an owner who at the time wasn't willing to spend money.

For whatever reason, both of them couldn't get it done with the teams that drafted them and left to join teams that were stacked with talent so they could win a ring. Personally, I don't count any of the titles Bron won with the Heat as legit. He gets props from me for this year. He came back to Cleveland and lead his team to a championship. The 2 in Miami were colluded and bought for. I'll feel no differently about KD if he wins a ring with GS. It's bought and paid for.

That's the thing with old school NBA greats. They would rather find a way to beat the crap out of you than join you. It would have been unthinkable for MJ to want to join Magic or Bird, or for Reggie to consider teaming up with Isaiah or Patrick to form a "super group." Now it's becoming the norm for star players to join other star players to create these loaded teams that tilt chances heavily, if not unfairly, to their favor, instead of allowing for an even playing field and finding glory and satisfaction in competing against the best.

Man, I miss those days. So many great players that truly battled for championships on the teams they were drafted by. Those days rivalries were fierce and everyone wanted to prove they and their team were the best. Sure, role players would come and go, but the real stars stuck it out and fought their way to championships. Today's NBA holds very little appeal for me personally with all this star movement and focus on super teams.

Back