General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, the super teams still won but they didn't play the same teams in the finals every year and they had competition in the playoffs as well... not this year.

People are just going to have to accept that super teams are, and will be for the foreseeable future, part of the NBA. Silver as no power to change the current status quo due to the current CBA, which came a year too late, and most likely would have allowed OKC to keep Durant. This is why Paul George NOT being voted to any of the three all NBA teams is huge; if a player is voted to any of the all NBA teams, his current team can offer the Designated Veteran Extension, which allows the team to offer a lot more money than any other competing team. PG-13 is as good as gone, as a Boston (if they clear cap space) can make a run at Gordon Hayward...or maybe DeMarcus Cousins.

I accepted it, that's why I all ready know next regular season will be meaningless and most of, if not all, the playoffs will be as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

One way to shake things up, but would NEVER be considered by the NBA, is to have a one off tourney a la the NCAA National Championship. But again, it would NEVER happen. The NBA would lose too much revenue they get with longer playoff series, and the higher seeded teams would never go for it.

I'll accept super teams and just not watch....dynasties are different because there was a better perception of competition if not actual competition.

No real competition to the super teams...

Pop won't play Kawhi ... no point at this juncture. Had they won game 1 and he was ready, I think there would be a chance but not at 0-3 in the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, guess I spoke too soon about the Cavs owning the playoff win record. All credit to the Celtics, but the Cavs just got complacent in the second half.

(longtime lurker here)

The Cavs lose AT HOME, to the Celtics WITHOUT IT? No way I would have ever predicted that.

shocked.gif

I'm putting all the blame on Lebron for this one. It's been awhile since I've said that, but he had a bad first half and then was not aggressive at all to start the 2nd. Complacency at it's finest.

The scary thing about this loss is that GS will be probably be fully rested for the finals .

Cavs will win the series but in how many games :horror

I wanted two sweeps so both Cavs and GS will be fully rested for the finals. Oh well, this could get ugly for Cleveland. I think Boston could win at at least two games :lecture

I don't feel like a few less days of rest will impact anything unless Cle loses another game or a Cle player gets hurt in game 5. After all, SA shoulda, coulda, woulda won game 1 after GS had a lot more rest. We'll never know how the rest of the series would've played out with a healthy Leonard. I do feel like GS would've never let this happen. One thing I hate about Lue is how passive he always seems. That may have something to do with why they blow so many big leads. Show some passion and anger once in awhile.

oh wow stunner.......:rolleyes2 if it changed anything it'd be interesting...it simply delayed the inevitable Warriors / Cavs final we all guessed last summer.

I said the same thing.... it turns out this was the first time he put up zero points in the fourth quarter in a playoff game since the finals against the Mavericks in 2011 ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As bad as blowing a 21 point lead is, like most of think, this is a minor speed bump for Cleveland.

And the big difference between this game and Game 6 of the 2011 Finals is that the Cavs led throughout this game. LeBron was setting up Kyrie and Kevin Love the game and by the time the fourth quarter came around, he hadn't gotten in the rhythm of the game.

The disheartening thing (besides the loss) for the Cavs is that Cleveland went to the foul line three times as much as the Celtics (36 trips to 12), making 28 FTs to 9 for Boston.

Also, that was one soft roll on Avery Bradley's game wining three :lol.

In a weird way, I think the loss to BOS helps CLE refocus. Warriors have had little to no adversity other than a close game 1 with SA.

Back