General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They started 11-30 then finished 30-11. He won't win COTY, but he deserved recognition.

What's more baffling to me is than LeBron's not one of the finalists for MVP.

Bostons coach deserves more recognition imo. If Spo was in the West, I'd give him more credit. I don't call Miami a D-league roster with the amount of money these guys are making. Whiteside/Dragic alone making over 36 mill .

That's why I said mostly d-league ha ... the rest of that team is full of journeyman reclamation projects and fringe nba players.

Tyler Johnson got paid but cmon. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawhi is officially ruled out. Has there ever been an NBA Finals that both teams swept through their respective conference playoffs?

Kawhi is officially ruled out. Has there ever been an NBA Finals that both teams swept through their respective conference playoffs?

You made me curious ... I looked and it appears the last time was in 1957, back when it was the division finals and just a best-of-5 series ha

The St. Louis Hawks swept the Minneapolis Lakers and the Boston Celtics swept the Syracuse Nationals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without Leonard and Parker the Spurs are pretty much the Celtics except from the coaching ranks.

completely disagree. Celtics actually have quite a few tough players. They just have been out executed from the get go on both ends. Spurs are soft as butter without Leonard and not including Simmons. They didn't even look like they were trying last game. Boston won't quit, we will see if the Spurs have a better mentality for this game.

Wow. LeBron might play the equivalent of three quarters, max, in Games 3 and 4 combined, and rest up for the Finals.

And not that I was betting against them, but this all but guarantees the Cavs will break and own the record for consecutive playoff victories.

well, if GS sweeps Cle, they will take that record right back from them :thud:. I didn't bother watching tonights game, but damn, LMA still didn't show up after Pop called him out.

I've sorta stopped watching bball games but I still keep up with teams and scores. What happened to Aldridge? The guy was a bonafide superstar on Portland. I thought for sure he would be unstoppable on the Spurs. He's been good but not even close to what he had been doing.

Semis turning out to be just like the season......boring. I'll root for the Cavs being a "local" team and all but Mr S needs to address this super team nonsense. League is boring and uninteresting......the trend continues, I can see bad things in the future.

The NBA had dynasty teams for years though.

Its never been this bad though. The playoffs have been a complete and total joke and baring injury can you seriously see any teams other than Golden State and Cleveland and MAYBE the Spurs in the finals again next year as well? I really can't.

Look at the NBA championship winners from 1980 to now. Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Spurs hold majority of those championships.

Back