General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't believe it that GS would beat the bulls. The game has changed since the 90s. They used to literally mug players during games in 90s. Now the officiating really focuses on hand guarding and let's offensive players run free. If the bulls played in today's game, I think they win series in 6. If these teams played in 90s, bulls in 5.

Draymond Green would not want to kick Rodman in the nuts....

Harper couldn't cover Curry. No way. Klay would have his hands full but solidly defend MJ (MJ would still get his). I have massive respect for Scotty, but I think KD would light him up. I think Draymond has the advantage over Rodman. He's a better athlete, ball handler, scorer. Rodman would board well though. The centers are a toss up.

In the modern NBA I just can't see the Warrior lose. They have too many shooters to cover. The Bull never saw a team where 1-4 starters can score anywhere on the court, and 1-5 with the Death Lineup. With 1990s rules it might be different just because like Curry would have a hard time getting the layups he gets now. Those are my thoughts anyway, as a Warriors fan since the 1980s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harper couldn't cover Curry. No way. Klay would have his hands full but solidly defend MJ (MJ would still get his). I have massive respect for Scotty, but I think KD would light him up. I think Draymond has the advantage over Rodman. He's a better athlete, ball handler, scorer. Rodman would board well though. The centers are a toss up.

In the modern NBA I just can't see the Warrior lose. They have too many shooters to cover. The Bull never saw a team where 1-4 starters can score anywhere on the court, and 1-5 with the Death Lineup. With 1990s rules it might be different just because like Curry would have a hard time getting the layups he gets now. Those are my thoughts anyway, as a Warriors fan since the 1980s

No offense, but do you have to say you're a Warriors fan in every post? I think we understand your position very well by now :lol

No offense, but do you have to say you're a Warriors fan in every post? I think we understand your position very well by now :lol

I'm just trying to point out my bias towards the Dubs and that I definitely don't fall into the LeBron fan-boy group. I wasn't try to be annoying, but just put my cards on the table. I have trouble remembering who is a fan for what team.

Besides next year it's going to be the Hawks rolling through the league! With Dwight Howard bombing threes, how will the Warriors or Cavs keep up? [emoji848]

It's all good. I think we're all pretty clear which side of the fence we're on by now. This might shock some but I'm not a LeBron fan :horror. But I actually don't dislike the Warriors at all even after what happened with Kawhi-gate. Spurs have had their controversies in the past and sometimes you're the bug and other times you're the windshield. As a matter of fact, I think the Warriors are the most likeable, least offense non-Spurs title team for me since the 90s Bulls. I like Durant, Curry and Klay so one guy (Dray) won't ruin the bunch for me...

It's all good. I think we're all pretty clear which side of the fence we're on by now. This might shock some but I'm not a LeBron fan :horror. But I actually don't dislike the Warriors at all even after what happened with Kawhi-gate. Spurs have had their controversies in the past and sometimes you're the bug and other times you're the windshield. As a matter of fact, I think the Warriors are the most likeable, least offense non-Spurs title team for me since the 90s Bulls. I like Durant, Curry and Klay so one guy (Dray) won't ruin the bunch for me...

Am I the only one who doesn't think Zaza was trying to hurt Kawhi? It was dangerous, but unintentional to me.

The play that JR Smith made the other night did seem to be an intentional attempt to minimally kick KD (and possibly injure). That play seemed way more blatant to me.

When I was in high school in the late 1980s/early 1990s we had an assistant coach who suggested the put a "foot under the shooter as they land to try to injure them tactic". I remember being disgusted with the suggestion at the time. So I guess it existed before Bruce Bowen.

Was it intentional? Maybe yes, maybe no. I saw 2 steps move into the defender one of which seemed particularly superfluous.

But where there's smoke, maybe there's fire :dunno

And before one may say 'well this was made by a **** **** Spurs fan', this video was created a full 5 months before step-gate so there is precedence...

Was it intentional? Maybe yes, maybe no. I saw 2 steps move into the defender one of which seemed particularly superfluous.

But where there's smoke, maybe there's fire :dunno

I just don't think of Zaza as a sneaky player. I think he'd be more likely to throw an elbow or something blatant. Not to mention the reaction he had after the foul call seemed pretty legit. Granted, I've only really seen Zaza up close for a single season, so maybe I don't know him well enough.

I still find Pop's reaction to it as pretty funny. If this case was manslaughter, then Bruce Bowen needs to be on death row. [emoji12]

And I'm a Pop fan. He's from the Warriors (Don Nelson) coaching tree, though he surpassed his teacher.

I actually don't believe it that GS would beat the bulls. The game has changed since the 90s. They used to literally mug players during games in 90s. Now the officiating really focuses on hand guarding and let's offensive players run free. If the bulls played in today's game, I think they win series in 6. If these teams played in 90s, bulls in 5.

Draymond Green would not want to kick Rodman in the nuts....

Rodman would have him fouled out by the 3rd quarter :lol

As a Warriors fan I agree. Who could have stopped him though? When Curry wants to, he can clown anyone.

Yet he and his team blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals after compiling the greatest regular season in NBA history. IMO, something doesn't pass the smell test there.

Yet he and his team blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals after compiling the greatest regular season in NBA history. IMO, something doesn't pass the smell test there.

He clearly had health issues last year as evidenced by when he couldn't get around a horrible defender like Kevin Love. Zaza could probably take Kevin Love off the dribble. [emoji12]

Who is going to win tonight? I can't decide. I expect the game will be intense in the first half.

Series is over so it doesn't really matter beyond wether they celebrate in Cle or SF.

Not going to watch....least I enjoyed watching the Lakers and Bulls dynasties....something about the Warriors (beyond Green) I simply dislike.

Series is over so it doesn't really matter beyond wether they celebrate in Cle or SF.

Not going to watch....least I enjoyed watching the Lakers and Bulls dynasties....something about the Warriors (beyond Green) I simply dislike.

Well that sucks, I'm sorry you don't enjoy it. I guess I may have felt the same way in the mid-1990's. I think in general the series has been very popular. Isn't viewership way up?

I wanted Cleveland but I am hoping for 2 more blowouts just to end this pathetic, worthless, meaningless season.

I wanted Cleveland but I am hoping for 2 more blowouts just to end this pathetic, worthless, meaningless season.

Pretty much how I felt all season......nothing really interesting or engaging unless your a Warriors fan.

Next year it's the Warriors and LaVar Ball which is even less engaging

Back