General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the same in that both players exercised the rights as a free agent to go to whatever team they felt fit them better professionally...but different in the context. Fairly or not, Kevin Durant is looked at as joining the team he couldn't beat when he was up 3-1 on them. LeBron didn't join the Celtics, who eliminated the Cavs the season before he joined Miami.

This is still massively overlooked by all the people like Paul Pierce who says Durant is the best in the league. Durant wasn't even the best player on OKC last year.

I'm no Warriors fan and I don't look forward to the next few years. It raises the question about them being one of the greatest dynasties in league history if the they continue dominating the league.

They aren't simply winning games they are heads and shoulders above anyone else. Not many teams can claim to be that dominant over a span of years should their run actually materialize.

Folks will use the same argument they due with Lebron about league talent. I don't agree with it 100% and even if I did......it wasn't given to them they had to earn it

This reminds me a lot of the Bulls at their peak. As a Warriors fan, I hated the Bulls. I hated MJ. I felt pretty much like most of you seem to feel about the current Warriors and KD. I figured the Bulls were unbeatable and I didn't love it since my team sucked. They became the bully of the league. At the same time I did marvel at much of what they accomplished, and there was a beauty to their game.

I think this is very similar to the current Warriors. Only time will tell if they end up being as dominant as the Bulls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, I would say Houston and LAL started it even before them - it was almost a Sideshow act when they did it. But like I wrote, Lebron popularized it, and dare I say "cool", thanks to his asinine announcement. The league took notice and the rest is history.

Thanks LeBron.

I'm sure we could go back through history and find similar super team type stuff farther back in history if someone knew NBA ancient history better than me. Wilt to the Lakers? Kareem to the Lakers? Moses Malone to the 76ers. Etc.

It's been happening for a long time, people just don't like the circumstances on how KD made the move. Much like how LeBron had serious backlash after "the decision".

This is still massively overlooked by all the people like Paul Pierce who says Durant is the best in the league. Durant wasn't even the best player on OKC last year.

I don't know how you can say that Durant wasn't the best player on OKC last year. The only thing Russ has are more assists since he is more ball dominant.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2016.html

The salary cap is the only thing that will break up Golden State

Whichever player or role players they lose, KD is still onboard. They'll be a force in the West for years to come. Injuries are the only thing I'd be worried about if I'm a Warriors fan.

Whichever player or role players they lose, KD is still onboard. They'll be a force in the West for years to come. Injuries are the only thing I'd be worried about if I'm a Warriors fan.

Totally agree. Injuries are the biggest threat.

Well Paul Pierce is entitled to his opinion, but I like how Chauncey Billups had this "Whatchu' talking about, Willis?" look on his face.

Also, it's slightly ironic that Pierce didn't give KD crap about jumping ship to the team he couldn't beat when he, KG, and Rondo (mostly Rondo) hate on Ray Allen for signing with the Heat as a free agent. This year is the 10th anniversary of that Celtics' championship team, and the entire team is getting together to celebrate...but they didn't invite Ray Allen (unless something has changed since the story was first reported).

I guess it's different from the outside looking in, but Paul Pierce of all people should know how it feels for a former teammate to leave and join a rival.

Last edited:
Holy cow, some of you have nothing better to do than attack the legacy of a basketball player.

I get the feeling that even if the Cavs come back and win the series, some of you would still find a way to denigrate LeBron. Give it a rest--maybe direct that energy towards a consequential problem.

Holy cow, some of you have nothing better to do than attack the legacy of a basketball player.

I get the feeling that even if the Cavs come back and win the series, some of you would still find a way to denigrate LeBron. Give it a rest--maybe direct that energy towards a consequential problem.

when its the same people year after year after year.....after year. You learn to tune it out.

I find it interesting. I didn't think there were people who doubted LeBron this much at this time. I guess if social media was around earlier, maybe we'd see the same for MJ during his prime. I find it very interesting to see it.

Grow some thicker skin. Your hero doesn't give 2 turds about you. Stop taking things personally.

Grow some thicker skin. Your hero doesn't give 2 turds about you. Stop taking things personally.

Has nothing to do with needing thicker skin. It's just that the anti-LeBron crowd is such a tired, dead-end act. Get over it and move on with your life. Want to talk basketball? Fine. Do that. But the incessant negativity directed towards one person really is pretty sad.

I actually don't believe it that GS would beat the bulls. The game has changed since the 90s. They used to literally mug players during games in 90s. Now the officiating really focuses on hand guarding and let's offensive players run free. If the bulls played in today's game, I think they win series in 6. If these teams played in 90s, bulls in 5.

Draymond Green would not want to kick Rodman in the nuts....

Back