General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the guys who regularly beat Green in isolation are the big guys like Cousins and I've even seen Whiteside punish him for big games. Warriors have no shot blocking outside of magee, but he easily gets in foul trouble. I say it a lot, and it's easier said then done, but Gotta punish GS inside to beat them.

Warriors are the best shot blocking team in the league. You might want to re-check your stats. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No way in hell is LeBron heading out West. If he makes another super team it will be in the East so he can go to the finals easier and just have to deal with GS then.

And yeah, game 3 ended it. Cleveland gets blown out tonight.

He's got to deal with GS anyway. Does he really want to keep going to the Finals and losing. Doesn't he get enough shyte for that as it is. If he gets out of the West, he's practically guaranteed to win a title. Lakers have a high draft pick this year, and have cap room to add Paul George and Lebron. Not to mention Bron has a house about 20 minutes from the Staples center. Any option has to be better than staying in Cleveland and repeatedly losing to GS.

He's got to deal with GS anyway. Does he really want to keep going to the Finals and losing. Doesn't he get enough shyte for that as it is. If he gets out of the West, he's practically guaranteed to win a title. Lakers have a high draft pick this year, and have cap room to add Paul George and Lebron. Not to mention Bron has a house about 20 minutes from the Staples center. Any option has to be better than staying in Cleveland and repeatedly losing to GS.

If he moves, I think he's more likely to join CP3 LAC and get Melo there so he clan play with his best buds. They wouldn't win a title, but it might be fun.

Jazz would get beat by the Warriors I agree. The Warriors are better at every position other than Malone. And Malone would have serious issues covering Draymond. It really depends on what rules we are using to determine how good Karl would be. Modern rules, and I think the Warriors sweep the Jazz...they'd be overwhelmed by the shooters.

I have no idea how the Warriors could stop Shaq. They haven't had to deal with any big man like him, because none exist right now. That would definitely be an interesting series, and I'm not sure who would win. Shaq would definitely have huge numbers though. If we are talking old rules, I'd lean towards the Lakers.

I disagree, Malone was special..but IMO if they didn't have Stockton. It would be a different career for Malone. I think Stockton would've given this Warriors team a run because he attacked the paint and made miracles still happen. And the thing about Stockton he barely got fatigued, As far as the team against this Warriors generation, no question Warriors as a team would annhilate the prime Jazz.

Paul George would be great for the Cavs

I disagree, Malone was special..but IMO if they didn't have Stockton. It would be a different career for Malone. I think Stockton would've given this Warriors team a run because he attacked the paint and made miracles still happen. And the thing about Stockton he barely got fatigued, As far as the team against this Warriors generation, no question Warriors as a team would annhilate the prime Jazz.

The problem with Stockton would be he wouldn't be athletic enough for today's game. He was a pitbull of a player, but I just don't think his game would translate well to the modern NBA. I'm not sure he'd be a top-10 point guard today, but we are in a golden age for the position.

I would think losing in the finals is better than not making it to the finals at all. But it would be fun to see GS, SA and Lebron's whoevers battle it out.

Warriors are the best shot blocking team in the league. You might want to re-check your stats. [emoji12]

I would've never guessed. Cavs killed GS on the boards and with paint points last year I recall though. GS has beaten the Cavs in both this year. Thompsons ineffectiveness has a lot to do with that.

Paul George would be great for the Cavs

yup. Gotta trade Love and/or Thompson though.

I would think losing in the finals is better than not making it to the finals at all. But it would be fun to see GS, SA and Lebron's whoevers battle it out.

well, then the East would be even more pathetic lol, no thanks. I'd rather make it to the Finals each year in those shoes.

The problem with Stockton would be he wouldn't be athletic enough for today's game. He was a pitbull of a player, but I just don't think his game would translate well to the modern NBA. I'm not sure he'd be a top-10 point guard today, but we are in a golden age for the position.

Iverson in his prime before the drugs and misbehavior could physically withstand the Warriors intensity. He played minutes like Lebron.

Sometimes stamina can overcome physical strength

I would've never guessed. Cavs killed GS on the boards and with paint points last year I recall though. GS has beaten the Cavs in both this year. Thompsons ineffectiveness has a lot to do with that.

The difference is KD. Last year LeBron could sag off Harrison Barnes and play free safety. Now LeBron has to actually play defense, and the Warriors can focus on boxing out Thompson with two guys.

If I was in charge of the Cavs, I'd start Shumpert on KD (bench JR) and put LeBron on Zaza or Draymond. Force Draymond to beat you from 3 point range, allow LeBron to play free safety, and allow LeBron to rest a bit on defense. His defending KD is hurting his offense in the 4th.

yup. Gotta trade Love and/or Thompson though.

well, then the East would be even more pathetic lol, no thanks. I'd rather make it to the Finals each year in those shoes.

Keep Love..combine Smith and Thompson's salaries, give them the boot ..bring in George, that's a start.

Iverson in his prime before the drugs and misbehavior could physically withstand the Warriors intensity. He played minutes like Lebron.

Sometimes stamina can overcome physical strength

I'm sure Iverson would put up big numbers today, no doubt. I just don't think he'd win anything. He's just a smaller Westbrook.

The difference is KD. Last year LeBron could sag off Harrison Barnes and play free safety. Now LeBron has to actually play defense, and the Warriors can focus on boxing out Thompson with two guys.

If I was in charge of the Cavs, I'd start Shumpert on KD (bench JR) and put LeBron on Zaza or Draymond. Force Draymond to beat you from 3 point range, allow LeBron to play free safety, and allow LeBron to rest a bit on defense. His defending KD is hurting his offense in the 4th.

:exactly:

It's KD.. his physicality, shooting finesse and attacking nature and incredible shot blocking defense he led in OKC

No way did Barnes ever bring any of that

I'm sure Iverson would put up big numbers today, no doubt. I just don't think he'd win anything. He's just a smaller Westbrook.

Hard to say as you look at iverson's prime, what kind of a Sixer's team was that..had no help.

:exactly:

It's KD.. his physicality, shooting finesse and attacking nature and incredible shot blocking defense he led in OKC

No way did Barnes ever bring any of that

Barnes was a very solid one on one defender. His offense was raw, he lacks fundamentals, and he has a low basketball IQ. I think he was so athletically talented as a kid, he never took the time to learn the fundamentals that could have made him into an perennial all-star.

Hard to say as you look at iverson's prime, what kind of a Sixer's team was that..had no help.

He went on my list of players who I never think can win...fairly or not. Just like Westbrook, Harden, Melo, etc.

He went on my list of players who I never think can win...fairly or not. Just like Westbrook, Harden, Melo, etc.

Admit it though..you must have had KD on that list before..a team that's dependable makes a huge difference..

Jordan was god and will always be but it helped he had Pippen, Paxton, even Rodman with defense etc and a few others I keep forgetting and of course, Kerr :wink1: and a coach like Phil.

Look at Pop with the nucleus that SA had with Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, The Admiral ( at one time ) now Leonard :)

Celtics Garnett era..Garnett, Truth, Allen, Rondo, and Doc at the helm

Getting back to the present, is anyone bummed that even if Cavs blow out Dubs tonight ..all the experts will say " Meh.. they are just waiting to win at home at Oracle"

That is just so annoying to have that mentality for the NBA finals :gah:

Last edited:
Admit it though..you must have had KD on that list before..a team that's dependable makes a huge difference..

Jordan was god and will always be but it helped he had Pippen, Paxton, even Rodman with defense etc and a few others I keep forgetting and of course, Kerr :wink1: and a coach like Phil.

Look at Pop with the nucleus that SA had with Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, The Admiral ( at one time ) now Leonard :)

Celtics Garnett era..Garnett, Truth, Allen, Rondo, and Doc at the helm

Nope, I never felt that way about KD, though I didn't like how much iso-ball he played for OKC. KD always seemed to be a willing passer, and seemed to make teammates better.

Getting back to the present, is anyone bummed that even if Cavs blow out Dubs tonight ..all the experts will say " Meh.. they are just waiting to win at home at Oracle"

That is just so annoying to have that mentality for the NBA finals :gah:

I'm hoping the Warriors win by 30 tonight. After all the times the Cavs rubbed the 3-1 in the faces of the Warriors, I'd like to see them humiliated. That's just my thoughts as the crazy Warriors fan.

Back