General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True dat. So long as Bron stays with the Cavs, he'll be losing championships to the Warriors.

I think the Cavs will be challenged sooner than you think. I just can't believe LeBron's going to play at this level for much longer. The Celtics with a few acquisitions could beat them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cavs will be challenged because like all greats age catches up but not because the talent on the Celtics. I think they draft well, Brown continues to develop and they trade Thomas for a quality player then in a few years age will catch up to Bron and then they have a chance.

Cavs will be challenged because like all greats age catches up but not because the talent on the Celtics. I think they draft well, Brown continues to develop and they trade Thomas for a quality player then in a few years age will catch up to Bron and then they have a chance.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. They can't win with out trading Thomas or moving him to sixth man. He just can defend anyone. He's a great player on a team that isn't looking for a title, but want a fun/exciting player for the fans.

next step for Bron is to start playing exclusively in the post. It will add years to his career. Honestly, Cavs need to gut this roster for some youth if they can. Keep Kyrie, and I like Korver if the price is right. They would need GM Bron's permission to do this of course.

I think the Cavs will be challenged sooner than you think. I just can't believe LeBron's going to play at this level for much longer. The Celtics with a few acquisitions could beat them.

I disagree. No one in the East will challenge the Cavs anytime soon unless Bron bails on CLE again.

I disagree. No one in the East will challenge the Cavs anytime soon unless Bron bails on CLE again.

LeBron is 32 years old, has made it to the finals every year for almost a decade, has been involved in Team USA, and came into the league at 18. All of that tells you that LeBron has a lot of miles on him. He has way more miles on him than the typical 32 year old in the NBA. So how many more years will he be able to compete at the highest level and be the best player in the league? While he is clearly a physical phenom, the decline has to start sometime soon.

LeBron is 32 years old, has made it to the finals every year for almost a decade, has been involved in Team USA, and came into the league at 18. All of that tells you that LeBron has a lot of miles on him. He has way more miles on him than the typical 32 year old in the NBA. So how many more years will he be able to compete at the highest level and be the best player in the league? While he is clearly a physical phenom, the decline has to start sometime soon.

At least 3 to 4 years before we see a noticeable decline. Especially with such weak teams in the East. That should take us to Cavs vs Warriors 6 unless injuries or significant player movement occurs.

You keep talking about decline but Bron takes great care of himself and is not injury prone. He can still be one of the best players in the game at 35 or 36. Unless he starts getting injured in the next couple of years, don't expect a big drop off in play. Combine that with a ridiculously weak East and.....you get the idea.

Last edited:
At least 3 to 4 years before we see a noticeable decline. Especially with such weak teams in the East. That should take us to Cavs vs Warriors 6 unless injuries or significant player movement occurs.

You keep talking about decline but Bron takes great care of himself and is not injury prone. He can still be one of the best players in the game at 35 or 36. Unless he starts getting injured in the next couple of years, don't expect a big drop off in play. Combine that with a ridiculously weak East and.....you get the idea.

I just can't see how he can't avoid a decline. I hope he doesn't, I enjoy watching him. He has had a very lucky career with no significant injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combine that with a ridiculously weak East and.....you get the idea.

pay close attention to what CP3 does this off season and what moves the Cavs do or don't make this off season. He brought a title to Cle; I could see him finishing his career under the best head coach in the league. One thing he has never done is played with a great head coach and there is really only 1 in the league.

pay close attention to what CP3 does this off season and what moves the Cavs do or don't make this off season. He brought a title to Cle; I could see him finishing his career under the best head coach in the league. One thing he has never done is played with a great head coach and there is really only 1 in the league.

I don't think LeBron is going to join the Warriors. [emoji848]

any head coach in the league could have taken GS all the way.

It was intended as a joke, but there is some truth in it.

Any coach can win now, now that the Warriors have a system. Just like San Antonio, the Warriors overachieve based on their talent level due to a great system. I think the Warriors are way better than the sum of the parts. If Draymond was on Minnesota would he be a great player? He certainly wouldn't make any All Star teams or All NBA.

Nobody thought the Warriors were a juggernaut going into the 2015 season. It took a great coach and system to get them to an elite level.

Pop as done it longer, and has proven he can win in multiple ways, but Kerr as even a very good coach. Only time will tell if he's as good as Pop, and his health may make that an impossibility.

Kerr's health issues will likely ruin any chance of him being considered one of the greats because he may lack stats for folks to support it. It's fickle as everyone has different criteria to be one of the greatest so who knows.

While Pops has given Kerr's team some of the biggest challenges in the end when it mattered the result was the same Kerr over Pop.

Upcoming year likely the same so small moral victory for Kerr. Beyond the past year when his team made Pops team pretty much cry uncle, he has the little things to hold onto. if his health fails and he only has championships and regular season records to hold onto versus overall game count and longevity lol

Back