General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingo. It was a dig on Rose. I remember when he was cleared to play from his knee injury and he said during a press conference that he was going to take his time coming back because he wanted to be able to walk and enjoy his son's graduation years from now. He also said he wanted to get make sure he got his paper with how much money the NBA is generating in today's game. What a joke. I can't stand him and hope he's out of the game sooner rather than later. Even $2 million a year is way too much for this clown.

You would rather have him lie to you?

What did he do that was so horrible that he should be blackballed from the NBA?

You would rather have him lie to you?

What did he do that was so horrible that he should be blackballed from the NBA?

No, I'd rather he actually played ball and earned his ridiculous salary when docs cleared him to play. Rose's antics wore real thin in Chicago his last few years there. Fans here couldn't wait to be done with him. He didn't need to lie to anyone, he just needed to show some heart and competitiveness. I don't mind any player in the League getting paid...when they earn it. What has Rose accomplished in the last 3 years to make him think he was actually going to get paid max paper? The man is delusional.

Last edited:
No, I'd rather he actually played ball and earned his ridiculous salary when docs cleared him to play. Rose's antics wore real thin in Chicago his last few years there. Fans here couldn't wait to be done with him. He didn't need to lie to anyone, he just needed to show some heart and competitiveness. I don't mind any player in the League getting paid...when they earn it. What has Rose accomplished in the last 3 years to make him think he was actually going to get paid max paper? The man is delusional.

Totally agree. It's pretty rare to see a player not try to get out on the court as soon as possible. Most guys have to be told to sit down and get healthy. Rose decided he would sit even though he was cleared to play...pretty weak.

Totally agree. It's pretty rare to see a player not try to get out on the court as soon as possible. Most guys have to be told to sit down and get healthy. Rose decided he would sit even though he was cleared to play...pretty weak.

No guts .

Exactly. After not wanting to play when cleared by docs he says he can't wait to get his max paper deal with how much revenue the NBA is pulling down nowadays. Hell, he refuses to even get on the court and then has the balls to say he can't wait for his next max deal from the Bulls. The dude has lost touch with reality awhile ago.

He's a washed up scrub with two bum wheels? :dunno

Depending on his mentality plenty of teams would take him as a sixth man. That's hardly a barely on the level player.

It's not unprecedented, Tiago Splitter did not want to play in some instances fpr the Spurs despite the coaching staff asking him to do so.

Mario Chalmers and Reggie Jackson also think they are the best in the world and they never been MVP's. Some delusion won't necessarily kill your team.

Exactly. After not wanting to play when cleared by docs he says he can't wait to get his max paper deal with how much revenue the NBA is pulling down nowadays. Hell, he refuses to even get on the court and then has the balls to say he can't wait for his next max deal from the Bulls. The dude has lost touch with reality awhile ago.

What's the timeline for his refusal to play and him saying he wants that max deal?

It's not unprecedented, Tiago Splitter did not want to play in some instances fpr the Spurs despite the coaching staff asking him to do so.

Mario Chalmers and Reggie Jackson also think they are the best in the world and they never been MVP's. Some delusion won't necessarily kill your team.

What's the timeline for his refusal to play and him saying he wants that max deal?

Rose was the Bulls best player and paid as such. He was a former MVP and a leader of his team. He took his team to the playoffs. Without him on the floor, the Bulls were hardly the same team. Can we say the same thing about Tiago Splitter? They only thing they have in common is their fear of playing when cleared to do so. Even today, most injured players still look forward to getting back on the court. If anything, management and docs do a good job making sure injured players aren't rushed back. When Joakim Noah got hurt, the Bulls shut him down even though Jo insisted he can play. The Bulls would've done the same for Rose if it would've been needed.

Chalmers and Jackson played. It doesn't matter that they thought they were better than they were. They were on the court. Rose bailed on his team and didn't want to play when cleared.

After Rose's second knee injury and missing a massive amount of games, he stated he was going to do what he had to do because the NBA was pulling down stupid money and he was going to get his paper. He was a shell of his former self and refused to play. That was the beginning of the end for him in Chicago. The media and fans ripped him after that and things only got worse every time he opened his mouth. Play like an MVP and the team will pay you like one. Refuse to play, argue with management, bicker with the real best player on the team (Jimmy Butler), and tune out your coach...that makes you a bum and hardly worthy of max money. There's a reason Rose is a journeyman player that's making $2 million a year while still in his prime years.

Derek rose is like a 1 hit wonder band, he had few good years (1 good album or just 1 hit song) and then regressed to the mean, normal average player. He doesn't have the heart or desire to win, he is an extrinsic player that only cares about the money he makes or what he gets. His first couple years got him everything he desired now he is just riding the wave of paychecks to retirement. His big problem now will be lebron, lebron doesn't stand for that **** and will call his ass out, I highly doubt those two will be friends

A bit of perspective from one of the few folks on the board who root for the Cavs with or without Lebron....

The team signed a former league MVP, rising superstar and I care less. I'm more intrigued by what package (young / unproven) player they could get for Irving......dunno. I agree with majority on Rose.....no big deal

A bit of perspective from one of the few folks on the board who root for the Cavs with or without Lebron....

The team signed a former league MVP, rising superstar and I care less. I'm more intrigued by what package (young / unproven) player they could get for Irving......dunno. I agree with majority on Rose.....no big deal

I hope you get Melo... :rotfl

As a Cavs fan, it's hard not to see the Rose deal as a low-risk, high reward signing. $2 million for a backup who can still play very well? If he sucks, or if his attitude is terrible, the Cavs can dump him and be no worse for wear. I don't think anyone, the Cavs included, see this as a huge signing.

Derek rose is like a 1 hit wonder band, he had few good years (1 good album or just 1 hit song) and then regressed to the mean, normal average player. He doesn't have the heart or desire to win, he is an extrinsic player that only cares about the money he makes or what he gets. His first couple years got him everything he desired now he is just riding the wave of paychecks to retirement. His big problem now will be lebron, lebron doesn't stand for that **** and will call his ass out, I highly doubt those two will be friends

Does not have the heart to win based on what?

What does giant ********* Lebron stand for?

Rose was the Bulls best player and paid as such. He was a former MVP and a leader of his team. He took his team to the playoffs. Without him on the floor, the Bulls were hardly the same team. Can we say the same thing about Tiago Splitter? They only thing they have in common is their fear of playing when cleared to do so. Even today, most injured players still look forward to getting back on the court. If anything, management and docs do a good job making sure injured players aren't rushed back. When Joakim Noah got hurt, the Bulls shut him down even though Jo insisted he can play. The Bulls would've done the same for Rose if it would've been needed.

Chalmers and Jackson played. It doesn't matter that they thought they were better than they were. They were on the court. Rose bailed on his team and didn't want to play when cleared.

After Rose's second knee injury and missing a massive amount of games, he stated he was going to do what he had to do because the NBA was pulling down stupid money and he was going to get his paper. He was a shell of his former self and refused to play. That was the beginning of the end for him in Chicago. The media and fans ripped him after that and things only got worse every time he opened his mouth. Play like an MVP and the team will pay you like one. Refuse to play, argue with management, bicker with the real best player on the team (Jimmy Butler), and tune out your coach...that makes you a bum and hardly worthy of max money. There's a reason Rose is a journeyman player that's making $2 million a year while still in his prime years.
You would trust the Chicago medical staff?

Tuned you mean Hoiberg or Thibs? What's wrong with wanting to get a large payday? The internet ripped him, but still got damn good jersey sales. People overstate it how much he is hated.

Too true.

Does not have the heart to win based on what?

What does giant ********* Lebron stand for?

You would trust the Chicago medical staff?

Tuned you mean Hoiberg or Thibs? What's wrong with wanting to get a large payday? The internet ripped him, but still got damn good jersey sales. People overstate it how much he is hated.

Yes, I do trust the Bulls med staff. Why wouldn't I? Did they cause anyone on the team who is injured to play? Pax and Thibs actually got into a physical altercation because Thibs went over the restricted limits set by the medical staff on Jo when he was coming off an injury. Do you know something about the Bulls medical staff that I don't?

The Chicago media has a perfect phrase for media, writers, or fans who talk about Chi sports but don't live here....out of town stupid. Fans and media that live here experienced Rose's antics up close and personally on a regular basis. We are well aware of who he is and what he's made of. I'm not a Lebron fan, but he's one million times the competitor that Rose is. MVP's who are 28 years old, aren't journeyman players. That's what Rose is now...and there's a damn good reason for it.

Yes, I do trust the Bulls med staff. Why wouldn't I? Did they cause anyone on the team who is injured to play? Pax and Thibs actually got into a physical altercation because Thibs went over the restricted limits set by the medical staff on Jo when he was coming off an injury. Do you know something about the Bulls medical staff that I don't?

The Chicago media has a perfect phrase for media, writers, or fans who talk about Chi sports but don't live here....out of town stupid. Fans and media that live here experienced Rose's antics up close and personally on a regular basis. We are well aware of who he is and what he's made of. I'm not a Lebron fan, but he's one million times the competitor that Rose is. MVP's who are 28 years old, aren't journeyman players. That's what Rose is now...and there's a damn good reason for it.

There was that Luo Deng story, this is a terrible front office period.

Just because something sounds catchy does not mean it's relevant. LeBron million times the competitor who could not post up JJ Barea? Who almost got kicked out of team USA for being a raging *********? Yeah, he got hurt and his game was always based on driving to the hoop. What other reason is there for it.

There was that Luo Deng story, this is a terrible front office period.

Just because something sounds catchy does not mean it's relevant. LeBron million times the competitor who could not post up JJ Barea? Who almost got kicked out of team USA for being a raging *********? Yeah, he got hurt and his game was always based on driving to the hoop. What other reason is there for it.

The front office sucks. Can't pick players or set up a team to save their lives. That has NOTHING to do with the medical staff. Deng wasn't feeling well for awhile and no one could figure out why. A spinal tap was ordered and done at a hospital (not by the Bull's medical doctor). The spinal tap resulted in an unknown spinal fluid leak. It took a little while to come up with why he was feeling worse because every test they gave him came back clean. Once the problem was identified, he was shut down immediately and no one said a word. Rose was cleared to play period. He could play, but didn't want to. There's a HUGE difference. Deng's condition could've become life threatening yet he tried to play as long as he could before he knew something was seriously wrong. You don't have to worry about Rose showing that kind of commitment or toughness to any team. He's not capable of it. It's not in him.

Don't let your hate for Bron cloud the facts. NO TEAM would pick Rose over Bron. NOT EVER. Not even the team you cheer for. Yeah Bron was a d-bag when he was younger but he's easily the best player in the game today. To be clear, this is coming from a guy who has no love for LBJ. I love seeing him fail. Especially on the biggest stage. That still doesn't change his rank as a player in the NBA.

Back