General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0076.JPG

Heat, Knicks, Spurs and Wolves are on his list 😂.beyond Wolves no one has anything of value. Don't get Wiggins back then trade him wherever gets you best opportunity to rebuild as mentioned experiment is over. Think about the future

Kyrie has 3 years left, he has no leverage here. He's trying to get out before Lebron leaves him behind which seems like he already knows he's for sure leaving. Cavs have nothing to gain by trading him to any of those teams unless the Wolves want to give up Towns or NY wants to give up Zingis AND Melo. If I'm the Cavs, I'm not trading him.

What's the point in keeping Irving if he wants out? No one is close to beating GS next year barring injury and Cle while close slips even farther if they have a disgruntled / disengaged superstar.

I wouldn't trade him to any of his preferred destinations except Minn. as the other teams will send crap in return. Might as well accept James is leaving next year and trade Irving for some young talent to rebuild with.

What's the point in keeping Irving if he wants out? No one is close to beating GS next year barring injury and Cle while close slips even farther if they have a disgruntled / disengaged superstar.

I wouldn't trade him to any of his preferred destinations except Minn. as the other teams will send crap in return. Might as well accept James is leaving next year and trade Irving for some young talent to rebuild with.

It all really depends what's being offered. What do you think Cle could get in return? Wiggins just signed a huge deal with Minn right? Melo for Irving would be the worst trade ever, so I don't see what any of those teams really have to offer that's realistic. I'm not giving him up for scraps just because he's pissy. Remember Kobe wanted out and then they won it all. Kyrie wants to compete for titles, but no other destination will give him that this season. I know it's a big if, but if Green, KD or Curry have a serious injury, Cle and SA have a shot

In a article that Windhorst wrote, it mentioned something like Irving wants the ball more or something, which makes no sense because if he had the ball all the time (like before Lebron got there) he'd be stuck on a 20 win team.

Maybe Kyrie wants to put up MVP numbers and lose (see Russell Westbrook). I think he's delusional enough to believe that he can actually carry a team and win (see Russell Westbrook again).

Maybe I am being harsh, but while Kyrie has great skills he hasn't proven he can carry a team and win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't trade him for NY garbage or anyone else's for that matter. He is only 25 and while he hasn't shown ability to win on his own he has value atm. His ass would go someplace where the organization gets best bang for the buck....but it's Cle soooooooo take it with a grain of salt.

What I gather from reports is Irving wants to be the alpha of the group and it won't happen with Lebron on the team. All could change next year but it doesn't matter shots fired.

Cle was / is the closest team in the L to competing with GS yet their not really close either unless something drastic happens. James is likely bolting and a team with Irving and Love won't get it done. No one is going to take Cle bad contracts either looking at you Smith, Thompson so need to move pieces that'll bring value and tinker with lineup unless they enjoy getting to the finals to loose

After reading a little more about this situation. I have to say......I think Lebron could end up getting traded to LA in this situation. From the sounds of it, Lebron is the one who is blindsided by this whole Kyrie fiasco. Chances were already high Lebron was going to leave anyways, but if he says, you know what, I'll allow you to trade me to LA or SA for picks and/or young players, it'd prolly be a win win for both parties.

Better than nothing I suppose if your Cle, but I don't think die hard Cavs fans would be happy that Kyrie caused the guy who will have a statue in front of that arena one day to leave. If your LA, I think you offer Randle and whoever plus a pick for Lebron right now. It's perfect timing and it would be kind of a parting gift to Cle from Lebron since he has a no trade clause.

Kyrie has 3 years left, he has no leverage here. He's trying to get out before Lebron leaves him behind which seems like he already knows he's for sure leaving.

This is a good point, but...

This has to be considered as well. Will he continue to be professional? And will he be able to coexist with LeBron? Sometimes there is addition by subtraction...

It all really depends what's being offered. What do you think Cle could get in return? Wiggins just signed a huge deal with Minn right? Melo for Irving would be the worst trade ever, so I don't see what any of those teams really have to offer that's realistic. I'm not giving him up for scraps just because he's pissy. Remember Kobe wanted out and then they won it all. Kyrie wants to compete for titles, but no other destination will give him that this season. I know it's a big if, but if Green, KD or Curry have a serious injury, Cle and SA have a shot

In a article that Windhorst wrote, it mentioned something like Irving wants the ball more or something, which makes no sense because if he had the ball all the time (like before Lebron got there) he'd be stuck on a 20 win team.

Maybe Kyrie wants to put up MVP numbers and lose (see Russell Westbrook). I think he's delusional enough to believe that he can actually carry a team and win (see Russell Westbrook again).

Maybe I am being harsh, but while Kyrie has great skills he hasn't proven he can carry a team and win.

Both true and valid points. As the focal point before LeBron returned to Cleveland, Kyrie carried the Cavs to 64 wins...over THREE years.

It was reported that one of Irving's preferred destinations was San Antonio. Well if he thinks he's going to go to SA and Pop is going to let him play iso ball and dribble 20 seconds off the shot clock, he's sorely mistaken.

Apparently, he considered asking for a trade LAST season after Cleveland won the title, but he reconsidered. I can't see this as anything but hubris and arrogance on Kyrie's part. I sang his praises after last year's Finals, and he is a singular talent with incredible ball handling skills, finishing skills, and shooting...but he CANNOT lead a team to a championship on his own. It was a good pairing for LeBron while it lasted (yes, I know I'm talking past tense here) as it gave LeBron a teammate who could create his own shot off the dribble, as well as catch and shoot.

The timing of this is bad, because had Kyrie's wish been known earlier, the Cavs could possibly have made a play for CP3.

It's funny, before the Finals there was an article on ESPN where LeBron was praising Kyrie and said that Kyrie would be the face of the Cavs in the future and LeBron was trying to groom Kyrie for the role. I guess Kyrie didn't get it.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19500900/2017-nba-finals-kyrie-irving-groomed-king-heir

...the partnership between Irving and James remains strong.

However, both players acknowledge that a shift in power from James to Irving is inevitable, and they are bracing themselves to make it as smooth as possible.

The most infamous tandem gone awry was Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal with the Los Angeles Lakers. Seven years apart in age, they played eight seasons together, winning three championships and playing in four Finals before it fell apart and O'Neal was traded to Miami.

While their success was undeniable, there will always be a feeling that the pair left championships on the table by not figuring out a way to coexist.

This line from the article is funny now...

Irving counts Bryant as a mentor and has talked to him about O'Neal in order to avoid the same mistakes with James.

KD couldn't carry a team either...

😀

Interesting theory about trading James vs Irving. Why not consider it as rumors has Lebron leaving next year anyway. Find out quickly if that's Irvings true motive behind the request. James goes then it'll be "his" team. That said, Cle doesn't trade Lebron to LAL for the same scraps offered for George that's silly. LAL needs help to acquire both George and James next season anyway so get Ingram and scraps....win win...

As a Cle follower (lack of better word) they haven't gained enough ground to beat GS. Do you stay pat as the second best team in the league only to go to the finals again and be blown out?

Dunno where this goes but off season continues to be interesting as folks / teams scramble to compete with GS

Back