General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading a little more about this situation. I have to say......I think Lebron could end up getting traded to LA in this situation. From the sounds of it, Lebron is the one who is blindsided by this whole Kyrie fiasco. Chances were already high Lebron was going to leave anyways, but if he says, you know what, I'll allow you to trade me to LA or SA for picks and/or young players, it'd prolly be a win win for both parties.

Better than nothing I suppose if your Cle, but I don't think die hard Cavs fans would be happy that Kyrie caused the guy who will have a statue in front of that arena one day to leave. If your LA, I think you offer Randle and whoever plus a pick for Lebron right now. It's perfect timing and it would be kind of a parting gift to Cle from Lebron since he has a no trade clause.

If you are LA and you know he is leaving why trade for him? Isn't he a FA next year?

This is a good point, but...

This has to be considered as well. Will he continue to be professional? And will he be able to coexist with LeBron? Sometimes there is addition by subtraction...

Both true and valid points. As the focal point before LeBron returned to Cleveland, Kyrie carried the Cavs to 64 wins...over THREE years.

It was reported that one of Irving's preferred destinations was San Antonio. Well if he thinks he's going to go to SA and Pop is going to let him play iso ball and dribble 20 seconds off the shot clock, he's sorely mistaken.

Apparently, he considered asking for a trade LAST season after Cleveland won the title, but he reconsidered. I can't see this as anything but hubris and arrogance on Kyrie's part. I sang his praises after last year's Finals, and he is a singular talent with incredible ball handling skills, finishing skills, and shooting...but he CANNOT lead a team to a championship on his own. It was a good pairing for LeBron while it lasted (yes, I know I'm talking past tense here) as it gave LeBron a teammate who could create his own shot off the dribble, as well as catch and shoot.

The timing of this is bad, because had Kyrie's wish been known earlier, the Cavs could possibly have made a play for CP3.

It's funny, before the Finals there was an article on ESPN where LeBron was praising Kyrie and said that Kyrie would be the face of the Cavs in the future and LeBron was trying to groom Kyrie for the role. I guess Kyrie didn't get it.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19500900/2017-nba-finals-kyrie-irving-groomed-king-heir

This line from the article is funny now...

Yea, like the PG incident, Kyrie chose the absolute wrong time to do this, but he doesn't have a no trade clause right? If they choose to trade Kyrie, they will have many more teams they could trade him too since he has a couple years left. Problem is though, there aren't any all star point guards that would be a good swap for him, so it'd have to be for a different position.

I think if the Cavs talk to Kyrie and he says he would be happy if they traded Lebron, that would probably be the best scenario for the team. As much as I hate LA, I'd hate to see Lebron over there, but now it's clear this isn't going to work out with this Cle team as constructed. One or the other has to go.

��

Interesting theory about trading James vs Irving. Why not consider it as rumors has Lebron leaving next year anyway. Find out quickly if that's Irvings true motive behind the request. James goes then it'll be "his" team. That said, Cle doesn't trade Lebron to LAL for the same scraps offered for George that's silly. LAL needs help to acquire both George and James next season anyway so get Ingram and scraps....win win...

As a Cle follower (lack of better word) they haven't gained enough ground to beat GS. Do you stay pat as the second best team in the league only to go to the finals again and be blown out?

Dunno where this goes but off season continues to be interesting as folks / teams scramble to compete with GS

sorry, I think I meant trading for Ingram, not Randle. Whoever their good young player is.....

I'm also wondering where Rose fits into this. Did he know this was going to happen? I know he hasn't decided where he will go, but it seems like he will wait to see how this plays out before deciding between LA and Cle.

If you are LA and you know he is leaving why trade for him? Isn't he a FA next year?

Like what was posted earlier, LA wants to make a run at PG too in a year, so they would have to trade guys anyways. I think Lebron would get more money if he's traded rather than leave in FA right?, so Lebron would prolly want that? Also, I wouldn't want to risk SA getting a chance at Lebron in free agency if I'm LA. Giving him the chance to play under Pop and have Leonard as a wingman could be very enticing......I wouldn't risk it. Besides Ball, LA should be willing to give up anything to get Lebron now.

KD couldn't carry a team either...

KD carried a team to the final at least. Kyrie could even make it into the playoffs.

Steph is still the most important player on the Warriors, and KD is arguably 3rd most valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trade packages that I've seen for Kyrie so far are garbage. Supposedly Love may still be traded too. LeBron is as good as gone unless something miraculous happens, and he has a no trade clause, so Dan Gilbert is screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The trade packages that I've seen for Kyrie so far are garbage. Supposedly Love may still be traded too. LeBron is as good as gone unless something miraculous happens, and he has a no trade clause, so Dan Gilbert is screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F Gilbert....he's a ****** bag. Cle fans will get screwed because his douchery 😌

Didn't expect packages for Irving to be worth a darn yet.....then he stays in Cle until his agent presents a good package to the team pretty simple.

Fans and Ownership need to realize it's over (even if not they don't have enough to beat GS) and start being pro-active with trade talks for everyone including James. Otherwise the team will be left with overpaid players who won't give ya crap and no quality free agents who want to play there. Trade some established stars for young guns who will likely stay until the first contract (after their rookie deal) is completed. It's about reality at this point for Cle. two of your big three want to leave...

reports state Lebron will be unwilling to waive his no trade clause for ANY team this season. I'm not sure what that really means, besides that he wants to stay at least for this year. One trade that has been theoretically brought up that may be the best they could potentially get is Irving for Bledsoe and Josh Jackson. Minn just signed Teague , so I don't see them making any good offers for Irving and none of the others on his "wish list" have anything realistic to trade.

I don't really see Love going anywhere at this point. Nobody wants him, so why give up a 20/10 guy for peanuts?

it's not that Rose can't do good things for them if , and it's a big if he can stay healthy, but GS brought everyone back and even added to it. This year and the next 3 titles are gift wrapped for GS. Gilbert ****ed up big time by not bringing back the GM when he was in the middle of trying to get PG or Butler. If it wasn't for being excited to see the new young guns in Sac, it would be hard for me to find any interest in watching this season.

it's not that Rose can't do good things for them if , and it's a big if he can stay healthy, but GS brought everyone back and even added to it. This year and the next 3 titles are gift wrapped for GS. Gilbert ****ed up big time by not bringing back the GM when he was in the middle of trying to get PG or Butler. If it wasn't for being excited to see the new young guns in Sac, it would be hard for me to find any interest in watching this season.

Isn't LeBron the GM?

First year in many, many years I don't plan on buying League Pass. I didn't get the value from my purchase last year because of my lack of interest in the games and it's worse this year.. like you, I'll catch some of the younger teams otherwise, meh

From the source, I took it a slight against Cle not Rose. If it's a dig against Rose...so be it...it's pretty accurate

Nah, me and filip are Bulls fans

Bingo. It was a dig on Rose. I remember when he was cleared to play from his knee injury and he said during a press conference that he was going to take his time coming back because he wanted to be able to walk and enjoy his son's graduation years from now. He also said he wanted to get make sure he got his paper with how much money the NBA is generating in today's game. What a joke. I can't stand him and hope he's out of the game sooner rather than later. Even $2 million a year is way too much for this clown.

Back