Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some special releases: limited editions, boxsets, steelbook. Beside statues/figures I also collect "non-standard" (limited editions, collectors editions, box-set ect) bluray/dvd releases of my favorite movies. Or if a box looks awesome (that's the reason for the Titanic box :rolleyes: )

Nice :)
- Have to say I'm the same, and do try to pick up the limited editions / steelbooks on the movies that I really enjoy. :duff

Copenhagen, Denmark. I got mine from SPACE in Germany. Good things comes to those wait.

Indeed! - I'm really looking forward to getting mine. I contacted the store in question; the guesstimated completion date is Feb 15. Bit of a way off, but if that's the case so be it! :violin

You gonna bite the bullet (no pun intended) and shove those pistols all the way into the holsters? ;)

Eventually .................... I was wondering how long it would take before somebody made a comment about that. That's the benefit of getting stuff long after others: you know what to be careful about / what to look out for. All I did was place the pistols in the holsters, no pushing, no shoving, no force whatsoever.

I finally got charged and status changed to packaged, So by Xmas i will have her :) super excited

Got her $340 Shipped

Got mine
20141217_091033.jpg

Sorry can't fix picture :(

Just got mine today. #352 of 600. Got it from Most Wanted Collectibles.

I can't believe how good this looks in person. The creases, the curves, the texturing of her suit, the paint app. And then to examine up close only to realize that it is all sculpted. She is magnificent. No flaws. Nothing remotely big enough to even call it a flaw. I'm not gonna try putting in the pistols into the holsters just yet. Maybe give it a few days for the statue to warm up. Time to pour that Scotch and start the wait :lol I'll probably try the hairdryer warm the holsters/guns method later. But in the meantime, I can't stop staring at her a$$. It's kinda hypnotic :naughty

25kmzjr.jpg

18zs0h.jpg

m9ano8.jpg

2uo0t1f.jpg

1zz3zg3.jpg

Comparison Shot of 1:4 scales. GG Winter Soldier Black Widow and SS Iron Man 2 Black Widow. Look at the difference in the diameter of the bases. SS BW base is 8 3/4". GG BW base is 12".

2vjymg1.jpg

I figured it wouldn't last long! :lol

I don't know how long it was after you had posted this, that I went there and they had 3 more available. Probably around 1 pm EST.
Seems like they've been coming in and going out with some frequency. I wonder if this was specifically a Diamond batch?

I also talked to Alter Ego the other day. They got theirs in, presumably from Diamond, and were in the process of shipping them out. I was curious how they handle people receiving broken ones- as this has happened to a few people with this and Artemisia. They told me they open and inspect every one that goes out and already ran across several that were broken.

Spec Fiction said that based on the printing on the cases, there were 640 of these produced- with the extra 40 I would assume being held for replacements. It sounds like if they haven't exceeded that, it's going to be very close. Although I'm hard pressed to understand just how and why some of these breaks are occurring. The only thing that seems fragile to me is the end of the rifle...and from the way the figure is secured and the amount of space open around that, the only thing that could impact that is the silica bag.

Back