Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GG somehow get 3D data of the actual actors/actresses heads though right? So most of the likeness work is done for them, so I'm not overly concerned about that right now. Maybe because a statues portrait might be the most important part to me. Maybe a ZBrush artist who is talented in sculpting the human body might be enough. That's if GG has 3D scans handy already. The chosen pose, & paint app, are important too, but if those too things are stellar, with a lame portrait, the whole statue fails, or at best, is liked "enough" to keep.

GG somehow get 3D data of the actual actors/actresses heads though right? So most of the likeness work is done for them, so I'm not overly concerned about that right now. Maybe because a statues portrait might be the most important part to me. Maybe a ZBrush artist who is talented in sculpting the human body might be enough. That's if GG has 3D scans handy already. The chosen pose, & paint app, are important too, but if those too things are stellar, with a lame portrait, the whole statue fails, or at best, is liked "enough" to keep.

GG is actually listed in the on-screen end credits for Winter Soldier which leads me to believe they may have overseen the actual 3D scanning of the actors faces. And the ability to then use those scans in a product was built into the contracts. I don't recall seeing a similar credit at the end of AoU so they may not have scans of Olsen to use.

I also have to say that Harbottle's sculpt of the body is really an unheralded piece of work. Yeah, this would not be seen as a home run if not for the 3D scanned portrait. But at the same time the qualities I see in the body sculpt are aspects that I have been berating SS about for years because they consistently fail to pay attention to the 'simple stuff'. But it's that simple stuff that separates master quality work from flashy but amateurish efforts. I could quibble that he slimmed SJ down a bit as the actual actress has a more voluptuous form. But at the same time, he absolutely nailed the body attitude essential for the pose along with the corresponding stretch and squash in the costume.

In other words, even if GG had the scans to go from of Olsen, the loss of Harbottle would likely still be a big blow.
I'd love to have a Scarlet Witch that is up to the standards of their BW here. That may be my #1 fantasy statue. Unfortunately it's not gonna happen.

Going back to BW- I didn't realize the EU had it's POs cancelled. Haven't seen a lot of complaining on these boards from EU customers. And I think if I were out looking for this, those broken ones on ebay would be what I would be jumping after. Some of that damage- like to the holsters, is ridiculously minor and could be repaired and masked pretty easily. It will be interesting to see what they close at.

There's a GG Scarlet Witch in the works?
GG is actually listed in the on-screen end credits for Winter Soldier which leads me to believe they may have overseen the actual 3D scanning of the actors faces. And the ability to then use those scans in a product was built into the contracts. I don't recall seeing a similar credit at the end of AoU so they may not have scans of Olsen to use.

I also have to say that Harbottle's sculpt of the body is really an unheralded piece of work. Yeah, this would not be seen as a home run if not for the 3D scanned portrait. But at the same time the qualities I see in the body sculpt are aspects that I have been berating SS about for years because they consistently fail to pay attention to the 'simple stuff'. But it's that simple stuff that separates master quality work from flashy but amateurish efforts. I could quibble that he slimmed SJ down a bit as the actual actress has a more voluptuous form. But at the same time, he absolutely nailed the body attitude essential for the pose along with the corresponding stretch and squash in the costume.

In other words, even if GG had the scans to go from of Olsen, the loss of Harbottle would likely still be a big blow.
I'd love to have a Scarlet Witch that is up to the standards of their BW here. That may be my #1 fantasy statue. Unfortunately it's not gonna happen.
Looking at Harbottle's work, he is indeed a talented sculptor. Even portraits without scan data (Daenerys, Daryl, Tyrion) are impressive. I'm not saying he can be replaced easily. I simply want somebody talented enough not to mess things up at GG.

:yess::lol

Also saw your review for a certain comi, Snoop. Ah now I feel I have to pull the trigger lol.

Your saw my review on Stalin, eh? :yess:

stalin71.jpg
:monkey3

Back