Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo 3.JPG

Almost done! I just need to add zippers to some of the boots, apply base decals and of course..... put on the heads once they come in haha.

Man those look nice. I really wish someone would make complete licensed 1/6 figures that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to have. All I have for now are the subpar Matty ones. :gah:

Man those look nice. I really wish someone would make complete licensed 1/6 figures that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to have. All I have for now are the subpar Matty ones. :gah:

Thanks!

Yeah it adds up as you go! I slow rolled the process to ease the investment. I used the matty suits and dyed / treated them, that saved money, and I actually really like how they look. The slimer is also the NECA head knocker which was only $30. The money really adds up with the sculpts, elbow pads, boots and belts. The matty figures are essential.... The accessories would be way too hard to recreate.

This is SOOOO true, these GB customs will have cost me a alot to make as a set overall once they are finished...buying extra matty figures to open for the suit/accesories, headsculpts, bodys, boots, elbow pads, custom pieces for the belts, etc...will be worth it thought :)

Thanks!

Yeah it adds up as you go! I slow rolled the process to ease the investment. I used the matty suits and dyed / treated them, that saved money, and I actually really like how they look. The slimer is also the NECA head knocker which was only $30. The money really adds up with the sculpts, elbow pads, boots and belts. The matty figures are essential.... The accessories would be way too hard to recreate.

Snyder-Man's Venkman is one of my favorite sculpts in my collection (I have considered getting a second to be painted by my go to guy many times). Love a lot of the work those guys do, so I definitely do hope it pans out. But they seem to kind of pop in periodically with a slew of sometimes left field sculpts, then leave for an indefinite period of time. I understand the professional obligations that are at play there, but I just wouldn't wait on those if I were someone looking to bash a figure in the near future. Because who knows?

yeah their bill murray sculpt is by far the best! ive often thought of getting another 1 or 2 of them from them to bash a couple of variant venkmans.

i agree though, just hope they follow through with the plans for the new sculpts they have spoke about, i did contact them asking about sculpts for a private commision but who they told me they had already planned to do the heads i enquired about so my fingers are crossed.

but if any of the other gb heads when they get to them are anything near the quality of venkman then they will definitely be worth getting!

Snyder-Man's Venkman is one of my favorite sculpts in my collection (I have considered getting a second to be painted by my go to guy many times). Love a lot of the work those guys do, so I definitely do hope it pans out. But they seem to kind of pop in periodically with a slew of sometimes left field sculpts, then leave for an indefinite period of time. I understand the professional obligations that are at play there, but I just wouldn't wait on those if I were someone looking to bash a figure in the near future. Because who knows?

Ehh at $150 a pop I would rather slow roll the heads onto my figures than to pay for all 4 at once haha. I am starting with a set of spenser heads, but I may buy the murray head from Snyderman at a later time. I can come up with many uses for a Bill Murray sculpt.

A lot of people on here apparently don't realize that Snyder-man sells unpainted sculpts. Or that they tend to be $15 to $20 cheaper than what most other sellers charge for unpainted castings. I have suggested that they should post pictures of their unpainted heads on this site but so far they haven't done it.

Okay guys I need some advice...I've been thinking about replacing the matty body on my Venkman w/ a truetype (or a reasonable facsimile) - because the neck on the matty body just bugs the hell out of me because it looks so unnatural. Should I replace it or will I find issues w/ the suit, boots and gloves fitting compatibly?

Yeah i bought the venkman and sigourney weaver heads from snyderman unpainted too.

A lot of people on here apparently don't realize that Snyder-man sells unpainted sculpts. Or that they tend to be $15 to $20 cheaper than what most other sellers charge for unpainted castings. I have suggested that they should post pictures of their unpainted heads on this site but so far they haven't done it.

Okay guys I need some advice...I've been thinking about replacing the matty body on my Venkman w/ a truetype (or a reasonable facsimile) - because the neck on the matty body just bugs the hell out of me because it looks so unnatural. Should I replace it or will I find issues w/ the suit, boots and gloves fitting compatibly?

See my pics in the thread. Those are Kumik slim bodies. I got them on Ebay for $20 a pop. The suits fit beautifully, especially if you give it the water treatment after you put it on. I also dyed mine just a little to give it a more worn and movie quality look.

The other difficulty you will have is with the black gloves. The pegs are way too thick. I soaked the black gloves in hot water for about 30 seconds and I was able to easily able to pull the pegs out with pliers. Then I just crazy glued the wrist peg into the hole so that you can easily attach it to the body. it still gives you rotational articulation which is nice.

Did you get the neckless sculpt? I think the difficulty you may have is the neck color matching the head color. I think I am going to be ordering the Snyderman sculpt with a neck very soon.

Last edited:
See my pics in the thread. Those are Kumik slim bodies. I got them on Ebay for $20 a pop. The suits fit beautifully, especially if you give it the water treatment after you put it on. I also dyed mine just a little to give it a more worn and movie quality look.

The other difficulty you will have is with the black gloves. The pegs are way too thick. I soaked the black gloves in hot water for about 30 seconds and I was able to easily able to pull the pegs out with pliers. Then I just crazy glued the wrist peg into the hole so that you can easily attach it to the body. it still gives you rotational articulation which is nice.

Did you get the neckless sculpt? I think the difficulty you may have is the neck color matching the head color. I think I am going to be ordering the Snyderman sculpt with a neck very soon.

That helps...I hadn't thought about color matching the neck (which is what Snyder-man did w/ the paint apps on the sculpt). I think I'll stick w/ the Matty as I don't have enough time for that much modification. Thanks for the insight.

I've only bought unpainted sculpts from Snyder-Man. I wouldn't get something painted I don't think unless I hit during their black Friday deal of 3 for the price of 2 (assuming they do that again).

The suits fit pretty good on narrow shoulder Truetypes. Gloves also work pretty well, as Elvis1976 and others have used them, though they would need to be modified. Boots might be a bit big. I dremeled the neck plug from the HT neck adapter, and just glued the Snyder-Man sculpt onto it that way.

I've only bought unpainted sculpts from Snyder-Man. I wouldn't get something painted I don't think unless I hit during their black Friday deal of 3 for the price of 2 (assuming they do that again).

The suits fit pretty good on narrow shoulder Truetypes. Gloves also work pretty well, as Elvis1976 and others have used them, though they would need to be modified. Boots might be a bit big. I dremeled the neck plug from the HT neck adapter, and just glued the Snyder-Man sculpt onto it that way.

I am happy with the quality / look of the mattel gloves. The mod is really super simple and quick. Just hot water to pull the thick plug out and then some glue to hold in the hot toys wrist peg.

I use cloth gloves on mine that I'm happy with, but that's a nice option, particularly if you don't mind the pose they are sculpted into.

I didn't notice they were cloth! Nice touch! I did purchase one pair of cloth / leather gloves to go under Bill Murray's belt. The matty folded gloves were kind of a joke. They looked good in photos but they you realize its flat plastic. I am displaying my Bill murray a little bit more relaxed with no gloves and pack on.... mostly because I need to display these amazing packs that always face the back haha.

I am happy with the quality / look of the mattel gloves. The mod is really super simple and quick. Just hot water to pull the thick plug out and then some glue to hold in the hot toys wrist peg.

So how does the body color of the Kumik differ from that of the Matty? I assume the boots fit with little issue or do you have to do some modification there as well?

So how does the body color of the Kumik differ from that of the Matty? I assume the boots fit with little issue or do you have to do some modification there as well?

The boots should fit on, you may need to heat them with a hair dryer to get them on properly, or they may slip on. I am not entirely sure. I do know the boots don't always easily come off the foot so heating would be necessary.

The kumik is a cheap hot toys alternative. The color is a neutral skin tone, but always with paint it can differ between the head and the neck. That is why many times when I get sculpts I prefer that they have necks to keep things consistent.

I didn't notice they were cloth! Nice touch! I did purchase one pair of cloth / leather gloves to go under Bill Murray's belt. The matty folded gloves were kind of a joke. They looked good in photos but they you realize its flat plastic. I am displaying my Bill murray a little bit more relaxed with no gloves and pack on.... mostly because I need to display these amazing packs that always face the back haha.
Don't know if you tried this, but using a wire inside those gloves really helps futzing it if you want to put it on the belt. Like, a bread twistie tie wire.

Don't know if you tried this, but using a wire inside those gloves really helps futzing it if you want to put it on the belt. Like, a bread twistie tie wire.

Good call! I was trying to think of a way to do that but never got that far. Wire it is! It will look really nice that way, thanks for the tip! I will do that tonight.

Back